• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence: "I won't be Mystique in the X-Men movies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

i would guess this is how anyone feels when they do a superhero role in one of the subpar cinematic universes.

Marvel Studios is the big show, and everything else is minor league.

Sesha

200_s.gif

I guess the comic book (or whatever) Mystique must have been an entirely different character or something???

because damn, im like

really in shock that so many people in one space hate Jennifer Lawrence lol

I'm not a Mystique fan, but she sleepwalked through those movies.

They are promoting the shit out of this film aren't they

She was asked it as a question. But yeah obvious why it was asked.

Ah, okay. Had my volume down at the beginning of the clip.

Kind of a weird question, really. Hey you both play super heroes! Like everyone else.

edit: It just occurred to me that Lawrence has now made romantic comedy films with two of the Guardians

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck yes. I've only seen her in the X-Men movies, but her performance has been consistently godawful (no doubt partially just the horrible writing of post-First Class X-Men movies).

Slow, incremental, but a vital step towards making X-Men movies great again.

Parahan

Hey, why does everyone hates Jeniffer now? I thought we liked her :(

It's because of mystique. She is just too big for that role now, and she knows it. Mystique does the same shit over and over again( convince magneto & Xavier to shake hands) and Lawrence is just phoning in.

She obviously does it for money and is quite open about it. They should have killed mystique in the last movie.

I'm sure she could play Mystique just fine if she were motivated to. Wasn't she stuck doing Mystique because she signed a deal for a bunch of movies before she blew up?

I believe she signed a three picture deal starting with First Class. But so did McAvoy, Hoult, and Fassbender. Even with as schlocky as Apocalypse got, they put in the work. If she did, I agree she could've done fine with the material. Doesn't help as her fame grew, they centered the movies around her. She got it worst than Halle Berry post-Monster's Ball, except Halle was more professional.

Slayven

I guess the comic book (or whatever) Mystique must have been an entirely different character or something???

because damn, im like

really in shock that so many people in one space hate Jennifer Lawrence lol

Mystique in comics was almost Nightcrawler's father

She did up being in a 80 year relationship with a woman

destiny3.jpg

Mimosa97

Where is her razzy award for her performance in the xmen movies ?

This girl is a fool. I think she's a good talk show guest as I actually don't find her personnality annoying (I know a lot of people do) but she needs to refocus on acting. She won the most undeserved oscar since Gwyneth paltrow in Shakespeare in love and she's just been a mediocre actress ever since.

AHA-Lambda

I for one am shocked. Shocked I say!!

Yeah, you can tell for some time that she just really didn't want to do the role anymore.

farisr

Wait, what the fuck?

This place hates Jennifer Lawrence?

Why?
Hey, why does everyone hates Jeniffer now? I thought we liked her :(
It's not Jennifer Lawrence hate. It's Mystique (played by Jennifer Lawrence) hate.

At least my hate is for that. I don't recall seeing much hate for her (out of the ordinary, as there is always some hate for every star) when she's involved in something other than X-Men.

I'm indifferent to Lawrence, but Mystique would be the LAST character in Fox's X-Men that should jump to the MCU. If there's any X-Men character that should show up in Guardians, it should be Shadowcat. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the relationship she's got going on with Quill in the comics right now is adorable.

Ivan 3414

Is it hate or unimpressed indifference?
Only ever seen one of her films and I've always found her to be pretty inoffensive and mediocre.
Someone like her is not going to make or break a superhero movie.

No, there's some serious hate for her here. Especially a few years back when she was the talk of the town.

Tons of hate was directed towards her when she was giving goofy interviews and tripping over herself and shit; When she talked about her thoughts on female actors getting paid less than their male counterparts, people were personally shitting on her career for not being talented enough to to get paid fairly, etc

I'm indifferent to Lawrence, but Mystique would be the LAST character in Fox's X-Men that should jump to the MCU. If there's any X-Men character that should show up in Guardians, it should be Shadowcat. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the relationship she's got going on with Quill in the comics right now is adorable.

Wild space adventures have always been a big part of the X-Men comics. Many of their greatest villains come from space and it's frustrating that Fox continues to ignore all that stuff. It's a natural setting for many of them.

Fox could take both of the Marvel franchises they own to space for years and never run out of good material

Wait, what the fuck?

This place hates Jennifer Lawrence?

Why?

I like her. But, she certainly didn't shine in these movies. And them focusing so much on Mystique because of Lawrence getting super famous after First Class just sucked.

I'm pretty happy we seemingly won't be getting a true sequel to Apocalypse for a variety of resons, one of which is I don't give a damn about seeing that shit character leading the X-Men.

LordKasual

Banned
The sacred rock incident sealed the deal for me. I finally saw what everyone else saw

*googles*

...ooooooooh.

Okay, nevermind. I understand now. Yes, i'm sure gaf hates her guts eternally.

I thought she was a cool mystique, but i guess i don't know what mystique is supposed to be like? I dunno

Chumley

Banned
No, there's some serious hate for her here. Especially a few years back when she was the talk of the town.

Tons of hate was directed towards her when she was giving goofy interviews and tripping over herself and shit; When she talked about her thoughts on female actors getting paid less than their male counterparts, people were personally shitting on her career for not being talented enough to to get paid fairly, etc

There are a lot of unbelievably angry and bitter people here. They'll go out of their way to find reasons to judge and hate on anything, not just celebrities.

Bold One

I thought she was really good in Silver Linnings, but quite middling in everything else I have seen her in.

I think Brit Marling is better looking and a better actress ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom