• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence: "I won't be Mystique in the X-Men movies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm indifferent to Lawrence, but Mystique would be the LAST character in Fox's X-Men that should jump to the MCU. If there's any X-Men character that should show up in Guardians, it should be Shadowcat. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the relationship she's got going on with Quill in the comics right now is adorable.

There's only one X-Men character Marvel and Disney would bargain for. It's Hugh Jackman Wolverine, even if he's recast in the Fox movies they would still want that specific version.

Lyng

I have no idea. Romjin was in another league compared to Lawrence's dull, boring interpretation of the character. Hated it.

Ditto. She had good management pushing the media darling angle. Never, ever bought into it.

Romjin's Mystique was perfect for me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Mystique in comics was almost Nightcrawler's father

She did up being in a 80 year relationship with a woman

destiny3.jpg

you know what i dont understand? why does mystique keep having children if she never plans on raising any of them?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
She was good in First Class.

I think Mystique is a kinda boring character to begin with but since she got famous they decided to capitalize on that and made her extremely integral to Days of Future Past. Or maybe that's how the original story goes so who knows? Either way I was pretty much bored with everything Mystique.

Maximus.

Good. I'm tired of actors thinking they are so important they force their character to take over the story. Was annoyed when Storm did it with X2 and X3 and tired with Jennifer doing it now. Nothing against her performances or person.

Azzanadra

It's all part of the cycle of life.

You love something or someone then you slowly get sick of them.

Happens on here with movies,music, sports comics, and people, usually females.

What? I never liked her. Always seemed like a smug asshole from the time she got mainstream success (Hunger Games/First Class) and my initial impressions of her were proven right time and time again.

Good. The X-Men movies were at their worst when she tried to make Mystique the key to everything because Jlaw became super famous after Hunger Games.

Kyoufu

She wasn't a good fit for the character so this is good news.

Sadly I still don't have much faith they'll get anything else right with the franchise.

Bold One

Good. I'm tired of actors thinking they are so important they force their character to take over the story. Was annoyed when Storm did it with X2 and X3 and tired with Jennifer doing it now. Nothing against her performances or person.

please refresh my memory...

Ashhong

I'm sure she could play Mystique just fine if she were motivated to. Wasn't she stuck doing Mystique because she signed a deal for a bunch of movies before she blew up?

Gee, sucks that she signed a contract for millions of dollars to play a comic book character that gets tons of screen time. I hope she can fight through it and be motivated in her next movie.

ReBurn

Gold Member
How is she in The Hunger Games? Haven't seen those.

I thought she was good in those movies because the protagonist had to put emotions aside to get the job done. Even when she had to display emotion it felt a bit forced, which also fit the personality of the character. That's my opinion, anyway.

Pachimari

Jennifer Lawrence is so fucking cool. But I hope this also means that we won't see Mystique at all in the coming movies. Time to give others the limelight.

>:)

Hmmmm...

With her hinting at joining the MCU, does no one else see the perfect solution here? With Natalie Portman gone, a certain thunder god could use a new waifu, and in the process becoming the greatest movie in GAF history.

kswiston

So beside silver linings playbook, whats her other good work ? Genuine question since I haven't watched the hunger games book.

Winter's Bone.

If you liked Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle is basically the same character with a few IQ points knocked off and converted to crazy.

please refresh my memory...

FORREAL! The critique of Storm has been that she was not as assertive as she should have been in the movies as leader of the Gold team (or was it Silver?).

The turn on Jennifer Lawrence over the last couple years has been amazing. I mean, yeah she completely phoned it in post First Class with these movies and clearly hasn't given a shit since then where she was still fairly unknown and "hungry" but still, it's been amazing.

LordKasual

Banned
Overexposure. It happens to everyone with JLaw's amount of stardom.

I think Gaf just hates things as hard as it loves things

and boy, this place really must love some shit lol...because this thread makes me feel like i completely missed that video where she dipped the puppies into the garbage disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom