• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger |OT| If You Ain't 3nd, You're Last

smik

watched the review and looks really fun and polished, 9.5 is hard to ignore

what a achievement for a 4 man development team, i feel like supporting them just by the outstanding effort and what really appears to be high quality fun game

+1 sale

Wow amazing score, hopefully it is really good and gets lots of praise elsewhere too. Game just looks great in screens and the vids.

Looking forward to it.

tzare

Wow at that score, i really do not believe in gaming media anymore, but it is always better a good score, sales wise, than a bad one, so congratulations to Hello games.
3 days to go !!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The track editing tools look so easy to sue. I'm definitely gonna dig in. Anyone see if there's custom soundtracks?

kassatsu

Banned
mujun said:
BTW, I really want to get this, looks like it's layed out very similarly to Gripshift campaign wise (loved Gripshift, loved doing a run to get stars, then best time, etc). Hopefully I won't get shafted only having access to Japanese PSN points.
You probably will, I don't think they have translated the game into Japanese. Better get a US points card :x

Glix

LiquidMetal14 said:
The track editing tools look so easy to sue. I'm definitely gonna dig in. Anyone see if there's custom soundtracks?

Litigate the hell out of that shit!

mujun

kassatsu said:
You probably will, I don't think they have translated the game into Japanese. Better get a US points card :x

Typical :(

I have problems getting cheap U.S point cards, haven't found anyone who will just send the code and save me having to wait for it (plus it's cheaper of course).

Thanks for the heads up!

Carl

mujun said:
Typical :(

I have problems getting cheap U.S point cards, haven't found anyone who will just send the code and save me having to wait for it (plus it's cheaper of course).

Thanks for the heads up!

I always use ebay to buy US points cards.

Cruzader

Banned
Just read about this game...into my radar! Will most likely buy now!

PS: are there other backgrounds that we can use when making our own levels?

mujun

Carl said:
I always use ebay to buy US points cards.

I've checked ebay, U.S Amazon and Japanese Amazon. Basically I'm looking at minimum of 3000 yen to get the game. Looks like waiting for a release on the Japanese store is my best bet.

ACE 1991

This wasn't on my radar until *I'll admit* I saw and read the IGN review. I've been watching a lot of gameplay footage and the game looks fun as hell, will pick this up as soon as finals are over.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... will there be a demo? Didn't pick up Trails HD because it got too stupid hard for me in the demo (like area 7 or 8 where you have to jump a loop and the dude simply wasn't going to do it. Fuck that), I'm not going to blind buy these, even with a good IGN review.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
TheSeks said:
So... will there be a demo? Didn't pick up Trails HD because it got too stupid hard for me in the demo (like area 7 or 8 where you have to jump a loop and the dude simply wasn't going to do it. Fuck that), I'm not going to blind buy these, even with a good IGN review.
No demo but this has been cited as being lass frustrating than Trials HD. Not that there isn't challenge there of course :p

Concept:
Race, jump, balance, trick, and combo with an over-the-hill stuntman on the ride of his life
Graphics:
Bright, inviting props and characters look great, but the backgrounds could use more variety
Sound:
The music is a zany collection that seems yanked out of a bad ‘70s county fair – fun for awhile, but it can wear thin
Playability:
Fantastically tight controls are easy to pick up, but only reveal their true complexity after hours and hours
Entertainment:
Hundreds of challenges across dozens of courses will keep you busy for a long, happy time
Replay:
High

http://gameinformer.com/games/joe_danger/b/ps3/archive/2010/06/07/review.aspx

kaleii

ACE 1991

I wasn't aware that multiplayer was offline, bummer. However it is entirely understandable and unfair to expect a team of 4 guys to fund their own servers as would be required using the PS3's online infrastructure.

Adam J.

The reviews and awards this game have already received are mind blowing. Really hope this game is massively successful and Hello Games make gobs of dough and publishing deals for future games out the wazoo.

mujun

Teknopathetic said:
"Try reading before commenting."

What would you say is an appropriate level of excitement?

I thought there was a whole bunch of over the top hyperbole being thrown around and commented accordingly.

That of course didn't go over well and some people acted as though I was out to ruin their thread and was calling the game crap.

What would you say is an appropriate level of outrage for my initial comment?

Gamefaqs level of frothing at the mouth isn't what I consider appropriate. Then again maybe that wasn't what was happening and contrary to my opinion it was actually pretty typical for a mature and open minded adult. Still I don't think that's the case and that's why I made the (snide) comment in the first place.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am so excited for this game

I think I am more excited for this game than for any game ever

THIS WILL PROBABLY BE THE BEST GAME EVER WORTH GETTING EXCITED FOR

"I thought there was a whole bunch of over the top hyperbole being thrown around and commented accordingly"

I think the issue lies with the fact that it's not your place to check anyone's excitement.

Furthermore, a mature and open-minded adult could probably understand why people might not take kindly to someone telling them they're too excited for something and not make a snide comment at all. The fact that you admit it's snide means you probably understood it would irritate someone from the jump. That's awfully mature.

Any hyperbole in this thread has been way, way less "over the top" than in any of the big AAA title releases so why aren't you in those threads policing the excitement as well?

mujun

Teknopathetic said:
"I thought there was a whole bunch of over the top hyperbole being thrown around and commented accordingly"

I think the issue lies with the fact that it's not your place to check anyone's excitement.

Furthermore, a mature and open-minded adult could probably understand why people might not take kindly to someone telling them they're too excited for something and not make a snide comment at all. The fact that you admit it's snide means you probably understood it would irritate someone from the jump. That's awfully mature.

Any hyperbole in this thread has been way, way less "over the top" than in any of the big AAA title releases so why aren't you in those threads policing the excitement as well?

Being open minded is a two sided coin, not as simple as you would make it out.

Sure, maybe I should be more accepting of someone else' excitement for a game. In turn they shouldn't rally like minded people to make me out to be the bad guy if I say something which was at the end of the day, exactly how I felt put into a post.

It was snide (actually joking was how I intended it, whether it came off as snide or joking will depend on the person reading it) perhaps but I thought that was the best way to point it out, rather say than straight up calling the people in question stupid or something along those lines.

I sometimes make those sort of comments, I don't want to sound like a broken record about it though. Like anything it's hard to achieve a perfect balance. In most cases I don't bother to comment because I don't see how it will add to the thread whatsoever but in this case it seemed strange that some people were hyping a game they hadn't played to the point that it felt like they were shills to me.

Again that might just be how they get when they get super excited about something, now that you pointed that out I've thought about it, something positive to come from this for me at least. Still my initial reaction was that shit was over the top and I wanted to say something to that effect.

GeeDuhb

iratA said:
All I need to know is this:

How many hours is it until I can play this gem of gaming nirvana?

I want to know this too! When does the PSN store typically update? Anyone know?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Definitely getting this once the EU update goes live tomorrow. Just looks extremely fun! It's too bad there's no server for sharing levels, but oh well.

This game looks like Uniracers meets Excitebike meets Tony Hawk. I am so sold that I went straight through sold, clear into unsold, back out into sold again. With a triple Salchow.

For the people that want custom soundtracks

Custom soundtracks aren’t currently supported, but is something that we are adding in a patch we are working on right now. That will also add a whole bunch pretty cool and exciting new features, that we can’t talk about just yet :)
Even though Joe Danger is about to release we haven’t ever stopped working flat out on it and as long as the support is there we hope to continue to do so!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...s-to-psn-today/comment-page-1/#comment-410515

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh man, I just realized that I can't fill up my PSN credit on the US store. I have $6 on it, but I can't add more to it because apparently they changed their setup.

Does anyone know a trustworthy service that will email me PSN codes?

Top Bottom