• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger |OT| If You Ain't 3nd, You're Last

V_Ben

Banned
I believe the technical term is "hell yeah"

Level: Mostly Dangerous

2edbf5v.jpg

edit. whoa. that came out bigger than expected.

Game is really fun. Destroying my hands just like the Tony Hawk 1 PSX demo did.

V_Ben. I'm #3 in that pic. Don't make me go back and destroy your score (I'm going to do that anyway).

V_Ben

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

V_Ben. I'm #3 in that pic. Don't make me go back and destroy your score (I'm going to do that anyway).

Bring It :D

Dynamic3

On the fence about this.

Are there tilesets beside the desert, and can you customize your rider? Also, has it been confirmed that you can't share/download creations over PSN?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait! I can buy this right now in US stores? Answer within 5 minutes and I'll go buy it right now. Answer later and I'll go to bed and buy it when I wake up :(

Anyone know if Sony / the devs have outright confirmed the PSN exclusivity will last approximately a year (someone else mentioned it here) or was that just a guess, so to speak?

I did read that one statement of theirs regarding multiplatform releases on Eurogamer today, but I'd like to know the above for sure.

V_Ben

Banned
MicVlaD said:
Anyone know if Sony / the devs have outright confirmed the PSN exclusivity will last approximately a year (someone else mentioned it here) or was that just a guess, so to speak?

I did read that one statement of theirs regarding multiplatform releases on Eurogamer today, but I'd like to know the above for sure.

no outright confirmation either way, but it's exclusive for the foreseeable future. they used the pub fund (cash for smaller devs in return for exclusivity), which, if i remember correctly, means that they have to be exclusive for a year. perhaps longer, i'm not sure of the specifics.

MicVlaD said:

I did read that one statement of theirs on Eurogamer today regarding multiplatform releases, but I'd like to know the above for sure.

There's no official word. But the game is on Sony's Pub Fund and another game that used that (Burn Zombie Burn) is still an exclusive to PSN although they announced a PC version a year after the PSN version was on the market.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
B-Rad Lascelle said:
YES! GO BUY IT NOW!
WTF is going on?! "Credit card information is not valid with this file"

And I just bought a Street Fighter avatar just 1 minute ago... what's going on?!?!? I need to play this before I go to bed and it's 3am... anyone else? I live in EU and I'm buying from US store, never had this problem before.

Andvary

Yoshichan said:
WTF is going on?! "Credit card information is not valid with this file"

And I just bought a Street Fighter avatar just 1 minute ago... what's going on?!?!? I need to play this before I go to bed and it's 3am... anyone else? I live in EU and I'm buying from US store, never had this problem before.

Maybe you had some leftover money in your account? The PSN store haven't been accepting NON US credit cards for a few weeks now.

Yoshichan

Andvary said:
Maybe you had some leftover money in your account? The PSN store haven't been accepting NON US credit cards for a few weeks now.
What the hell? But why? Why don't they want our money? How long will it be like this?

Yoshichan

V_Ben said:
legal mumbo jumbo i'm reckoning.
Ok but I heard EU could buy some US cards or whatever and get the code immediately in your mail... anyone got a link for that?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Teknopathetic said:

Ah so your moddy. Now it's on o_O

Load times, they're about 4 seconds. I said 2 earlier. Still good though. Level restarts are instant. Initial load is not as bad as my first boot. It's about 5 seconds.

Re: The Tempest Level, was at #1 with 6m+ score. Hello's Ryan got 37m.......... FML

RoadHazard

Gold Member
surly said:
For the UKers - PSN is down today (Wednesday) from 4 PM to 4:30 AM on Thursday morning. The store will update earlier than normal, although I don't know when, so if you want to be playing this game tonight you'll have to download it before 4 PM.

I guess that goes for all of EU? Thanks, I'll be sure to get it as soon as the store updates. Don't wanna miss it!

beast786

You got to love comments on IGN review of JD

Fish6132456 said:
IGN scores
God of War 3 - 9.3
Heavy Rain 9.0
Final Fantasy XIII - 8.9
Modnation - 9.0
Joe Danger - 9.5
Well IGN, you showed your dumbness once again. Why do I come to this site??
No one bother responding to me, I'm not coming back to this site.

:lol

Where the fuck did this poetaster motherfucker come from?! I got a score and was all excited that I destroyed V_Ben (Which I did!)

x6nepl.jpg

And then some junior comes up and already pipped my score?

Oh no you didn't.

V_Ben

Banned
12'000 more isn't destroying me, it's merely delaying the inevitable :D

Right, seriously going to sleep now. I'm gonna play the hell out of this thing tomorrow :lol

Agent X

The game is awesome! It's sure to go in the books as a cornerstone of the PSN downloadable games library, standing proudly with other "must-have" games like Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD.

I especially like learning the trick system, and how to link tricks together for impressive combos so I can beat my buddies' scores. It's very reminiscent of the early Tony Hawk games, in that regard. I remember playing the demo of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 years ago, learning the tricks and combos in that game. I'm getting the same feelings now, discovering cool stuff and feeling great satisfaction when I finally succeed.

Much like the great classic arcade games of old, the ever-present high score board beckons me to try again, to move even higher up the list. Some of my buddies have already posted impressive scores, and while I was eventually able to surpass most of them, a few of you guys in this thread are elevating it to an even higher level!

One thing's for sure--I'm going to be spending a lot of time with Joey D in the days and weeks ahead! :D

Loudninja

So mcuh fun trying to beat other people scores I had no idea it will be this good it was a blind buy.This game work my fingers more than any other game. :D

monocromo

Teknopathetic said:
Where the fuck did this poetaster motherfucker come from?! I got a score and was all excited that I destroyed V_Ben (Which I did!)

[/IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/x6nepl.jpg[/IMG]

And then some junior comes up and already pipped my score?

Oh no you didn't.

:lol :lol

I'm SO going to buy this game.

robot

The game is sooooo awesome. It seems a lot less frustrating than Trials. Looks like its gonna be a better game overall at this rate.

Having a blast trying to do a combo chain through Warthog. Currently 26th on the leaderboard with 58 mil. Can't wait to play more levels like that one - chaining wheelies to an insane multiplier is really intense. I'd imagine its like the early Tony Hawks but I never got into em.

Whats the deal with custom levels..do I need to have friends that have them created like in Trials? That really sucked since nobody I knew made any.

If anyone is looking for people to fill up their leaderboards, feel free to add me (trev04). I have like 3 friends on PSN.

"But biggie-truck still beats you"

Fuck that guy, I don't even know who he is. He might as well not exist. That makes me #1 by default.

ACE 1991 said:
So GAF, worth $15?

Easily.

My favourite PSN title thus far (including my other two faves, PJ: Shooter and Trine). IGN's description, that it's a combination of Trials and Excitebike, is remarkably apt.

Loudninja

Teknopathetic said:
"But biggie-truck still beats you"

Fuck that guy, I don't even know who he is. He might as well not exist. That makes me #1 by default.
:lol love it, good old fashion competition.

"Thanks for showing me how you beat my score. Now I'm just going to do what you did plus a couple more supermans."

I wouldn't have shown it if I didn't already know there's a bunch more ways I could improve the score. I'm lying in wait like a tiger ready to pounce on their prey.

Dante

Game is soooooo good, like someone mentioned It's a LOT less frustrating than Trials and more fun overall IMO. The challenges are so fun especially the 100% combo. Really impressed with the game.

rass

I had never heard of this until now. My excite bike cart is dead (freezes after menu :() and this looks like modern day classic excite bike. Can't wait!

Top Bottom