• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger |OT| If You Ain't 3nd, You're Last

GeeDuhb

bandresen said:
Oh man, I just realized that I can't fill up my PSN credit on the US store. I have $6 on it, but I can't add more to it because apparently they changed their setup.

Does anyone know a trustworthy service that will email me PSN codes?

I don't know how long it is going to take for them to start selling it, but Amazon.com will sell you the game via a game code, if you can't find any other way to get it.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Everyone in this thread (except mujun) is buying.

oh i know that much, I asked who bought the game hoping they could provide their impressions.

buying when I get home from work, will post impressions later tonight.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Drinking Hatorade said:
oh i know that much, I asked who bought the game hoping they could provide their impressions.

buying when I get home from work, will post impressions later tonight.

Nobody has bought it, since the update isn't live yet.

oh what the hell, it's 5:27pm here and still no Joe Danger? i've been search the PS Store for 5 minutes wondering where it's at.

Update your shit Sony!

edit: how's planet minigolf?

edit 2: joe dangers up on psn

ZoddGutts

Wormdundee said:
I'm sorry sir, you'll have to calm down, your excitement levels are far too high.

Definitely going past danger levels in Mujun's excitement chart. Let's cool it down guys.

235vgy.gif

mujun

LiquidMetal14 said:
Everyone in this thread (except mujun) is buying.

Please contact Sony for me and get them to put code downloads on Amazon for me, then I'll be able to get some points and less than double the retail price.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Put an hour into this. Let me say that I've been very vocal about this game's presumed awesomeness. Well, it delivers on that as advertised. The controls are really precise once you get used to them. Pulling off mad tricks while taking jumps and wheelies and collecting stars/coins is a thrill. Love the quick reset button (SELECT). I've placed high up on most events so far and #1 on 1 of them. On a gameplay level it's REALLY, REALLY, FUN.

The graphics are nice and smooth (shadows are a little wiered but no one will even care). 60fps with vibrant Toy Story bright art is a win all the way. No real complaints considering this a 250mb plus DL. It looks really sharp. Hardly any slowdown. HELLO Games did great here.

This is a highly reccomened game which will keep people coming back, I know I am. I've repeated every level at least 3 times. It's really one of those addicting "gotta try 1 more time" kind of games. A+++

HELLO Games knocked this out of the park into the parking lot and breaking someones window :)

Bisonian

Played through the first couple tours, really enjoying it so far. The controls are so tight, and while they are definitely on the forgiving side (I've found it's actually pretty hard to wipe yourself out, unlike other games of this type) - they make it a thrill when you surprise yourself with a large score posting. I put up a few top 10's on the leaderboard that really surprised me when it finally added up the combo at the end. Tony Hawk scoring + accessibility is what it really boils down to. The different star challenges in each level are pretty varied as well, and it looks like a ton of content (not even counting Sandbox/Create a level stuff).

Just an all around fun game that most people probably won't give a shot because there's no demo and it's sitting at a $15 price point :( Hell, I didn't even know about it until yesterday, and that's only because I saw the GAF hype train lining up at the gate. Thanks for the looking out, gents. Hope it really takes off for Hello Games.

GeeDuhb

First off, FUCKING AWESOME GAME. No letdown here.

Second, so I know the game just hit an hour and a half ago, but who is going to make the official creation/share thread? :lol

Bisonian

Losing a 50-100M combo that you've carried through a long level hurts so good. Score challenges in this game are going to be fierce.

Really cute little game. Right off the bat though I hope they're able to trim down the load times at some point-- they kind of hurt the presentation.

vesp

I'm digging it.

The controls are fantastic and I really like how it's as much (or more) a platformer as a racer/stunt simulator.

edit: PSN name: vesp419 if anyone wants more populated leaderboards.

Adam J.

Just played for about 30 minutes. It's good. Like "holy shit" good.

Graphics are some of the happiest that I've ever seen on a non Sega/Nintendo game. May have just been my imagination, but I'm pretty sure I saw a smiling donut in the background:D

Gameplay took me a few minutes to get used to, but once it all clicks it's a total gas.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The impressions are sounding great! I hope someone's gonna post some videos to tide me over until I can get the game tomorrow (EU)! There's no YouTube uploading in the game though, right?

GeeDuhb

RoadHazard said:
The impressions are sounding great! I hope someone's gonna post some videos to tide me over until I can get the game tomorrow (EU)! There's no YouTube uploading in the game though, right?

Not yet, but the Devs said they are going to add a replay save feature of some sort in an update

RoadHazard

Gold Member
GeeDuhb said:
Not yet, but the Devs said they are going to add a replay save feature of some sort in an update

Yeah, that's right. I hope that means you can also export them in video format to the XMB, even if it doesn't mean YouTube uploading.

Something I'm wondering about: Can you just pause and edit any level while you're racing it, like this video suggests? If so, what's stopping you from making any level easier to get a better time? Or are some levels editable while some are not? And if that's the case, can you also set your own creations to be either editable or non-editable?

EDIT: Also, are there no mid-level checkpoints? It seems like you just start at the beginning when you reset in every video I've seen. I guess maybe that's not necessary though, since the levels probably will never get as challenging as those in Trials 2 SE or Trials HD.

kassatsu

Banned
RoadHazard said:
I would capture some for ya, but can't =\

LiquidMetal14

MomoPufflet said:
Really cute little game. Right off the bat though I hope they're able to trim down the load times at some point-- they kind of hurt the presentation.
Outside of the initial load the loads are good. I should've noted that in my impressions. The load times are pretty good. Look at it as a retail game, it loads fast in reality other than that initial load. I redid and loaded new levels and it never took longer than a couple of seconds or so.

RoadHazard, there are midlevel checkpoints. I really don't know how many since I died only in 2 levels so far. I assume it's a halfway point per level.

LiquidMetal14

Pretty good production all in all. Voiced over cutscene intro segment. The game oozes charm. Such a nice colorful and clean look compared to what you're used to (dark serious business gaming).

surly

Banned
For the UKers - PSN is down today (Wednesday) from 4 PM to 4:30 AM on Thursday morning. The store will update earlier than normal, although I don't know when, so if you want to be playing this game tonight you'll have to download it before 4 PM.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Uhh, going back and collecting all the stars is great, haha.

I'm very happy with the game.

Bisonian

RoadHazard said:
EDIT: Also, are there no mid-level checkpoints? It seems like you just start at the beginning when you reset in every video I've seen. I guess maybe that's not necessary though, since the levels probably will never get as challenging as those in Trials 2 SE or Trials HD.

There are mid level checkpoints. It seems like the challenge in the game is more based around completing objectives and less about completing the level itself. That may very well change later on down the line though (IGN in particular complains its extremely hard later on).

bluehat9

Played about an hour. Cool style, easy to control, and fun objectives. The combo building is addictive too. Really liking it so far.

Top Bottom