• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Jigoku Sensei Nube characters join J-Stars Victory Vs.

Takao

Banned
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-11/jojo-nube-characters-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

The third 2014 issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that characters from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Jigoku Sensei Nube manga are joining the lineup of Namco Bandai Games' J-Stars Victory Vs. "team battle action" video game.

Jonathan Joestar and his grandson Joseph Joestar from Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga will both be playable characters. In addition, Meisuke "Nuubee" Nueno, the teacher with a demon hand from Sho Makura and Takeshi Okano's Jigoku Sensei Nube manga, will be a playable character.

Hironobu Kageyama, Akira Kushida, and Hiroshi Kitadani are singing the game's theme song "Fighting Stars." People who pre-order the game will receive the J-Stars Victory Book, a volume bound like a Jump Comics book and filled with information and visuals of Jump heroes over the years. A free augmented-reality (AR) app lets you see the Jump heroes in your surroundings on the PS Vita.

Previously announced characters include Toriko (Toriko), Luffy and Boa Hancock (One Piece), Goku (Dragon Ball Z), Naruto's title character, Rurouni Kenshin's Kenshin Himura, Gintama's Gintoki Sakata (with Kagura and Sadaharu), Ichigo (with Rukia) from Bleach, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo's Kankichi Ryotsu, Hunter x Hunter's Gon Freecss, Yū Yū Hakusho's Yūsuke Urameshi, Tsunayoshi Sawada (with Reborn!) from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, and Tatsumi Oga (with Beelzebub) from Beelzebub, Taro Yamada from Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-, Medaka Kurokami (with Misogi Kumagawa) from Medaka Box, Chitoge Kirisaki from Nisekoi, LaLa from To Love-Ru, Tetsuya Kuroko from Kuroko's Basketball, and Himeko, Bossun, and Switch from Sket Dance. The rival characters Sasuke (Naruto Shippūden), Vegeta (Dragon Ball), Zebra (Toriko), Jaguar (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar), and Tarō (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-) are also joining the roster.

The 3D fighting game will allow players to use Naruto's "Shadow Clone," Luffy's "Gum Gum Stamp," Toriko's "Nail Punch," Goku's "Kamehameha," Yūsuke's "Spirit Gun," Gon's "Janken Gū," and other famous moves from Jump characters.

The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita game will be released on March 19. A regular copy of the PS3 version will cost 7,980 yen (about US$80), while a limited edition will cost 10,980 yen (about US$110). The normal edition of the PS Vita version will cost 6,980 yen, while a limited edition copy will retail for 9,980 yen (about US$100).

seiya where are you

Finally some JJBA love. Game still needs reps from quite a few big name series though, but they'll probably just save them for a sequel.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
...Nube as playable? That's like making Neuro playable.

C'mon Seiya!

Would've liked it to be a Jojo from parts 4~6 but these are fine too, Jotaro should no longer be the face of Jojo, he's too boring a character. I have no real interest in buying though. Needs another HxH/YYH character too.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm still indifferent about the game, but nice to see non-"too popular" characters.

The moment they announced Medaka and Kumagawa, I was already done. This game needs to come out like yesterday. Gonna be the first game I've imported since Project Diva F for my Vita.

I know it should be obvious considering the series started off as a Hokuto no Ken knockoff but God Damn does Johnathan look a lot like Kenshiro, especially with those offensively 80s shoulder pads.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, it's NOT Jotaro from Part 3? That's a huge surprise. Guess the anime &/or All-Star Battle gave them a boost in popularity. & for the love of all things Jump, Namco, PLEASE do what you did with All-Star Battle & have Joseph have a "Your next line is going to be..." quote for everyone.

People who pre-order the game will receive the J-Stars Victory Book, a volume bound like a Jump Comics book and filled with information and visuals of Jump heroes over the years.
Dang, this sounds like it's worth checking out.

Tusk

Model may be bad, but will deff get this now, 'cuz JoJo. :p Though, a character with a stand would've been better, imo.

Would it be possible for characters from Saint Seiya to make it in?
Seiya, and the Omega Protag would be pretty cool. Or Shiryu, Ikki, or even Shun, would be great. God cloth mode as like their ultimate attacks would get me really hyped for this.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't think this game could be a greater disservice to every art style it's trying to celebrate.

Platy

Model may be bad, but will deff get this now, 'cuz JoJo. :p Though, a character with a stand would've been better, imo.

Would it be possible for characters from Saint Seiya to make it in?
Seiya, and the Omega Protag would be pretty cool. Or Shiryu, Ikki, or even Shun, would be great. God cloth mode as like their ultimate attacks would get me really hyped for this.

Seiya has a huge chance.... but not "Omega Protag" since this is a game based on manga

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just noticed that the box art was shown with the character reveals, though it's rather small. Hopefully this means we'll get a high-res version of it online soon.

Takao

Banned
I just noticed that the box art was shown with the character reveals, though it's rather small. Hopefully this means we'll get a high-res version of it online soon.

That actually scares me a bit, since it may imply we're not getting anymore playable character announcements.

Top Bottom