• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS + |OT| - Subs only, no dubs

Slaythe

I repeat that the EU digital version is an absolute scam on Ps4.

70 euros ? What ? ps3 version 50.

Euros and Dollars are worth the same thing from a moral standpoint just so you get a better idea.

Prelude.

I repeat that the EU digital version is an absolute scam on Ps4.

70 euros ? What ? ps3 version 50.

Euros and Dollars are worth the same thing from a moral standpoint just so you get a better idea.
Then don't buy it digitally or the PS4 version. You can find it for PS4 for €50 or less.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, GameStop employee was nice enough to at least let me get the pre-order book since I'm picking my PS3 copy up tomorrow. Can't look into it fully because college class, quick first impressions are it's paperback cover, reads backwards, smaller than I was expecting (like, a bit smaller than a PS3 game case?), bit of an "expanded manual" as I noticed gameplay mechanics explained, and character profiles with descriptions, CGI profiles, & franchise logos.

Picked this up earlier and played through some missions with my buddy...fun stuff!

I do wish there was an "unlock everyone but no online or saving" code.

Prelude.

so I been on the fence for this game quite a bit. I own PS3, Vita, and PS4.

Should I get this game and for which platform?

If you own all three see which factor is the most important, if you don't want to pay a premium for the ps4 version since it's still 30fps and has slowdowns not present in the other versions buy it on ps3/vita, if you want it portable buy it on vita. They're cross-play anyway.

If you own all three see which factor is the most important, if you don't want to pay a premium for the ps4 version since it's still 30fps and has slowdowns not present in the other versions buy it on ps3/vita, if you want it portable buy it on vita. They're cross-play anyway.

are they fundamentamentally the same game across 3 platforms? or are there differences between the 3 that actually matter? I am leaning towards vita version right now.

Listonosh

Is it just me or is the character list really really strange? It seems like a lot of no-brainer characters were left out. Or is it because the game has a lot of DLC in Japan already? I actually wouldn't mind supporting this game with further DLC if that's the case.

Is it just me or are the slowdowns even worse in the English version? :/

Besides that...I'm still not too happy with the way they translated some dialogue, but I guess that's what happens when you don't get the context behind what the characters are saying.

Gameplay wise...I honestly can't tell if it was balanced or not. Mainly because the characters I used in the original (Gintoki, Medaka, Oga) seem untouched...

Prelude.

are they fundamentamentally the same game across 3 platforms? or are there differences between the 3 that actually matter? I am leaning towards vita version right now.
Exactly the same. The only difference is that only on Vita there's ad-hoc multiplayer but they all have 2vs2 online mp.

Slaythe

i see. and the arcade mode is exclusive to PS4?

i think i might bite the bullet on vita version.

There is nothing exclusive to the PS4 version.

Only advantage over ps3 is that it is gonna die out real fast since "new gen" consoles take over.

Vita is cool for moving around with it.

Ants

I read somewhere that for the original there is effectively no difference between characters, mechanically. just in animations. is/was that the case?

no yoh and sena are the biggest sins. Kinnikuman is missed as well

My copy's shipped but the UPS tracking says it won't be here until next Monday.

Shinriji

Is it just me or are the slowdowns even worse in the English version

Gameplay wise...I honestly can't tell if it was balanced or not. Mainly because the characters I used in the original (Gintoki, Medaka, Oga) seem untouched...

Saw some streams of the ps4 versions and was dissapointed with the slowdown on simple stages, like Penguin Village.

Listonosh

This blows my mind. Why is that happening considering it's on better hardware. Is that something that can be fixed with a patch?

This blows my mind. Why is that happening considering it's on better hardware. Is that something that can be fixed with a patch?

This is false I have not seen slowdowns on the ps4 version not even from Akainu's ultimate. If people are seeing slowdowns its either from whatever is going on with the stream or netplay which is prone to lag

I'm disappointed, oddly enough, that they haven't milked this game with DLC. I'd buy a shit load of alternate outfits and music and all kinds of crap.

Shizzlee

I read somewhere that for the original there is effectively no difference between characters, mechanically. just in animations. is/was that the case?

Are you asking if some of the characters are different between the old version and the new version then yes, there are some nerfs and buffs. If you are asking if the characters all play the same then no they do not. While this game has some issues, the best thing about it has to be its diverse roster. Every character feels different.

Ants

Are you asking if some of the characters are different between the old version and the new version then yes, there are some nerfs and buffs. If you are asking if the characters all play the same then no they do not. While this game has some issues, the best thing about it has to be its diverse roster. Every character feels different.

the latter, yes. that's good to know. I might consider the game, in that case.

NahaNago

i didn't even know this was out today until i randomly saw it while shopping at best buy so i just picked it up. So annoying, was only planning on buying one movie today.

Here are some examples of what I mean by poor translation...

Kuroko's line, "Seirin Koukou Ichi-nen, Kuroko Tetsuya desu."
Sub's line: I am Tetsuya Kuroko. Seirin High's Finest!
What he's really saying is that he is a first year Seirin High student. -_-

Oga's line, "Ore wa mou kenka shinee!"
Sub's line: I'm not going to argue anymore.
I can see why they thought kenka = argue, but...Oga doesn't argue. He gets into physical fights.

Medaka's line, "Kore nite ikken rakuchaku!"
Sub's line: It's time to settle this problem!
Uh....this line is used when you finish something. Not when you're going to begin something. It's more like "Case closed" or "Problem solved".

There's a lot more where I just don't agree with the dialogue they chose, but oh well.

Wynnebeck

Banned
CIxSiNNVEAAMVX7.jpg

Aww yeah, it's Medaka x Kumagawa time!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here are some examples of what I mean by poor translation...

Kuroko's line, "Seirin Koukou Ichi-nen, Kuroko Tetsuya desu."
Sub's line: I am Tetsuya Kuroko. Seirin High's Finest!
What he's really saying is that he is a first year Seirin High student. -_-

Oga's line, "Ore wa mou kenka shinee!"
Sub's line: I'm not going to argue anymore.
I can see why they thought kenka = argue, but...Oga doesn't argue. He gets into physical fights.

Medaka's line, "Kore nite ikken rakuchaku!"
Sub's line: It's time to settle this problem!
Uh....this line is used when you finish something. Not when you're going to begin something. It's more like "Case closed" or "Problem solved".

There's a lot more where I just don't agree with the dialogue they chose, but oh well.
I can't help but remember when Namco flat-out LIED/CHANGED a line in Jojo All-Star Battle. One character said something among the lines of "How many can I keep it going for?" *does attack* "1000 THROWS!" which was a DIRECT REFERENCE to a scene from the manga, but for some strange reason, they decided to change it into a freakin' sex joke of "HOW DEEP CAN I GET?!" *does attack* "BALLS DEEP!" which not only was completely & utterly WRONG, but removed part of the reference.

I get changing a line to "make more sense", but flat-out changing it is even more annoying.

So both the Vita & PS3 versions are not only $40 (WTF, why was the physical version of PS3 $50?), but PS3 also gives you the digital pre-order compendium. Vita only gives you the theme.

Did anyone get a PS3 or PS4 theme with their retail pre-order?

Teknoman

I still want to buy to support games like this, Project X Zone, etc. making it outside japan, but...need more gameplay/online impressions.

I know it wont be as smooth as the 2d fighters on DS, but is it clunky feeling aside from that, or at least as good as Power Stone/Anarchy Reigns?

Tempted to give this a go on Vita, any issues with that version or is it lacking in any modes/characters compared with the PS4 version?

Also, what are the options for difficulty in the arcade and adventure modes?

Top Bottom