• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Question for those who have finished the game at least once:

In the opening section, with all the level select shrines, the destroyed one on the right has a number of glowing runes. I assume these are all the "symbols" in the game, but two aren't lit up. I'm not entirely sure what it means; is it simply indicating I haven't found one of the collectibles yet?

The glowing symbols stand for each glowing sign you've gathered. You know, the ones that make our cape longer. The ones that aren't glowing you haven't found yet. They should be organized by location

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This might be my favorite game experience ever... I don't even care that it's short. What's here pretty much spanks the pants off most every thing else I play these days. As far as my enjoyment is concerned.

The glowing symbols stand for each glowing sign you've gathered. You know, the ones that make our cape longer. The ones that aren't glowing you haven't found yet. They should be organized by location

Thanks!

All that exploring in my solo run paid off, apparently.

Dave_6

After seeing the response in this thread and watching a couple vids of it, I will be buying this tonight!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
EPIC EPIC EPIC

So many emotions and things happening throughout the course. Lots of undertones going on.

Huh, I didn't notice the first two times around but
many of the ruins in the desert are of those flOw-like creatures.

It's really obvious, too, I don't know how I missed it.

slider

Whoa, had no idea that I could get this on PSN. Or I just haven't been paying attention. Will get it tonight.

-Amon-

Finished first journey.

Woah do not really know where to start.

I've played lots of games in all these years. None and I repeat none of them engaged me in an emotional way like this did tonight.

Journey goes out of the boundaries in so many ways. This is the direction which companies should follow in their struggle to innovate the media. This is a masterpiece, a true gem.

So happy to have thatgamecompany around. So happy Sony did the right choice to fund them from the start. Hope they'll keep the freedom to do as they want.

Shane86

Not sure what I just played but I loved every minute of it, met 8 different people along the way but it felt like it was the same person through most of it (first I met jumped off a cliff randomly so I left him)

And that moment in the
snow
wow

Ridley327

I'm missing the same exact one. Anyone have any idea?

Also, I'm missing the third one (out of four) in the
tower level
. Looked everywhere but can't find it!

You can go in the room that the tapestry dragon flies out of; in there is one of the murals you need to find, as well as the third glyph, which is hidden behind one of the sand showers on the left side of the room.

Hope that helps, since I still need to find the second one in
the desert (among other things)
, as well as the third one on
the slide

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm missing the same exact one. Anyone have any idea?

Also, I'm missing the third one (out of four) in the
tower level
. Looked everywhere but can't find it!

That's the trickiest one.

On the second slide (after the "puzzle" part), start by taking the route to the left, follow the path a little bit and then converge towards the rocks in the middle using the metal thing as a trampoline. Stay above the sand and keep going. You'll see a rock spike with a flying creature waiting for you there which will help you cross the chasm and enter a small canyon. Follow the canyon...

Sorry, hard to describe, but you basically have to start left and then diagonally travel to the right beyond the tower in the middle without falling into the sand below.

milesdm

Damn beautiful game, and it left me in some kind of awe after it ended.

I think I want to play it again, but I feel like I shouldn't because it wouldn't feel the same ohh noo~

It's still available only to Plus members, right?

Yeah, US and EU now. Tuesday or Wednesday next week for non-plus members, respective of their region.

Emitan

That's the trickiest one.

On the second slide (after the "puzzle" part), start by taking the route to the left, follow the path a little bit and then converge towards the rocks in the middle using the metal thing as a trampoline. Stay above the sand and keep going. You'll see a rock spike with a flying creature waiting for you there which will help you cross the chasm and enter a small canyon. Follow the canyon...

Sorry, hard to describe, but you basically have to start left and then diagonally travel to the right beyond the tower in the middle without falling into the sand below.

Thanks!

You can go in the room that the tapestry dragon flies out of; in there is one of the murals you need to find, as well as the third glyph, which is hidden behind one of the sand showers on the left side of the room.

Hope that helps, since I still need to find the second one in
the desert (among other things)
, as well as the third one on
the slide

Wow dude you are the man thanks! I'll try to figure out the
3rd slide symbol
and report back.

How many were in the
desert level
again?

Edit: Looks like the slide has been cracked!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I consider the "can games be art" debate finally settled once and for all with Journey.

I loved Flower, but this is such an advance in every way.

Ridley327

Wow dude you are the man thanks! I'll try to figure out the
3rd slide symbol
and report back.

How many were in the
desert level
again?

Edit: Looks like the slide has been cracked!

There's a total of four. I also don't have the
Mirage trophy (finding the Flower) or the trophy for finding all of the creatures (which I imagine that the second symbol has something to do with).

Afrikan

just played this game last night using this for an OLED *100ft* experience...

sony-hmz-t1-3d.jpg

and all I can say is just oh my god.....man, it was just beautiful...and the sound effects, just wow..everything together....just wow.

if this game was 3D, I might have fainted.

Vaco6121

Just finish my first Journey, and I all can say is Game of the Year. And to anyone who happened to meet someone named Vaco6121 in their Journey, that is me.

I don't want to know what it is, unless it's my very specific guess, could you indulge me?

Do you turn into a white dude?

I don't know if I'll be getting all that stuff personally.

Yup, you turn into a white dude. Also, your fly powers recharge as you walk around so you'll always be able to fly around. Very cool bonus!

There's a total of four. I also don't have the
Mirage trophy (finding the Flower) or the trophy for finding all of the creatures (which I imagine that the second symbol has something to do with).

The flower is in the desert level as well. You'll find it near the middle of the level in one of the many valleys between the dunes. I wish I could be more specific (about this and the other symbols), but you really have to just explore that level for a while to find all this stuff. I was missing the last one on the desert for a while, but I found it in the structure near the exit--however, this isn't the one you're looking for sadly

Emitan

Yup, you turn into a white dude. Also, your fly powers recharge as you walk around so you'll always be able to fly around. Very cool bonus!

You also get more cloth at the beginning so I think your maximum amount of cloth is larger than a red character's

Now my main objective in my life is to get 100% and being able to help a player in his first playthrough
being a white dude

How do I get Ancestors? Is it in
the tower?

Yup, just wait until you've activated all of the "water" and dive down. It's in one of the middle portions of the giant column. You'll see it swimming around and you have to chirp at it to get the trophy.

Wow!

It doesn't have much in the way of traditional gameplay but that was the best thing I've played in ages!

...and it's so beautiful - you'll want to put it up in a frame on the wall!

ironcreed

Banned
You guys are not making the wait until next week any easier. Can't recall the last time I saw reactions this strong to a game.

Melchiah

One of the most wonderful audiovisual experiences I've ever had. Well worth the price.

The PS3 wireless "7.1" headset I just bought definitely added to the experience. It was a huge difference, when I had to play the end of the game without the headphones, as I had to charge them.

You guys are not making the wait until next week any easier. Can't recall the last time I saw reactions this strong to a game.

It's an incredible game and finally fulfills the promise that Flow and Flower showed.

One of the most wonderful audiovisual experiences I've ever had. Well worth the price.

The PS3 wireless "7.1" headset I just bought definitely added to the experience. It was a huge difference, when I had to play the end of the game without the headphones, as I had to charge them.

What headset do you use?

Top Bottom