• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Melchiah

What headset do you use?

This one.

DnVFSl.jpg

From the pick-up thread:
Melchiah said:
The headphones are comfy as hell, and as far as the sound quality goes, I'm perfectly happy with it, especially for a 100€ headset. I've so far tried them with Dead Island, and the headset increased the atmosphere a great deal compared to the TV speakers.

And the thread about the headset: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431571

Only thing left to do is stop playing for a week. Which will be the hardest challenge of all.

You should just be able to turn forward the clock on your PS3 to one week from now, and you should be all set to get the trophy. Just remember to turn it back when you quit the game. :) (Same thing worked with Flower.)

Emitan

Speedrunning tip:
The white cloth lets you skip the "puzzle" in the slide level if you land on the spot where the symbol is to recharge your jump

Jtrizzy

Just finished, and yes it is great. Much better than flower. I like that it's more of a game, and that is uses the analog sticks instead of the god awful six axis motion crap flower used.

Melchiah

Interesting. I've just been using a Y adapter with the AV out cord from the PS3 and plugging in some earbuds.

You're right too, good sound is necessary for this game NECESSARY

Definitely. Just watched the Musical Journey video that's in the OP again, and I wish I could buy the soundtrack.

I needed a wireless headset for comfort, and because I tend to play games and watch movies late at night, which used to be a problem when my girlfriend had to wake up early. Not anymore. =) Too bad the virtual 7.1 sound doesn't work with movies, from what I've heard.

Definitely. Just watched the Musical Journey video that's in the OP again, and I wish I could buy the soundtrack.

I needed a wireless headset for comfort, and because I tend to play games and watch movies late at night, which used to be a problem when my girlfriend had to wake up early. Not anymore. =) Too bad the virtual 7.1 sound doesn't work with movies, from what I've heard.

We'll have the soundtrack up on the PlayStation Store after the game comes out, but I can't say for sure when. We'll announce it on our Facebook and Twitter pages as soon as we get the info. :)

(And I really need to get my surround sound system fixed!)
It was a dream hearing Tina Guo and the Golden State Pops Orchestra playing Woven Variations, aka Journey Suite 1.

sholmes

Neo Member
So, as a Day 1 purchaser and lover of flOw and Flower, I've been dying to play Journey and avoiding all video of it (and most pictures in the last 6 months).

I have the house to myself this Saturday and am thinking it's the perfect way to dive into it. But, I'm not a Plus member so I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have to wait. But, I figure, just for fun let's see how much it would cost to get it early. So, I jump on the PlayStation Store and look at the Plus packages. I'm immediately trying to talk myself out of buying Plus just to get Journey early for this weekend. I think I've talked myself out of it since it would more than double the price of the game just to play it 3 days early, and that, of course, is ridiculous. I decide to turn to GAF in the hopes of confirming that I can wait the measly 3 days. I find this thread and jump straight to page 4 where the post at the very top of the page is:

Quite simply one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life.

As others have said, you guys aren't making this easy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They sent 1 month trials (3 codes per email) out a few months ago. Check your email to see if you got one, or maybe someone here can help you out.

Melchiah

We'll have the soundtrack up on the PlayStation Store after the game comes out, but I can't say for sure when. We'll announce it on our Facebook and Twitter pages as soon as we get the info. :)

(And I really need to get my surround sound system fixed!)
It was a dream hearing Tina Guo and the Golden State Pops Orchestra playing Woven Variations, aka Journey Suite 1.

Great to hear that. =) And thanks for the amazing experience, which I need to re-experience soon.

sholmes

Neo Member
They sent 1 month trials (3 codes per email) out a few months ago. Check your email to see if you got one, or maybe someone here can help you out.

oh man, I don't have an email from them even though I'm on their PSN and PS Blog mailing lists. I hope I didn't delete without realizing it.

Anyone have any codes left they can part with for a fellow Journey/thatgamecompany fan? It would be most appreciated! Please PM.

SykoTech

*reads impressions*

Yeah, this is bought. Had no interest in Flow or Flower, but Journey has had my attention for a long time. ANd with glowing praise from both the critics and GAF impressions, I don't have a reason to hesitate.

Emitan

I should probably stop beating this game, but every time i beat it my clothing gets more patterns on it SO I CAN'T STOP

SEE MY SWAG

WTF @ the OT. You had me going...almost too much since I thought this game had tie-ins with the rock band and immediately had me put off from looking further.

Duke Togo

What reactions! I'm not too proud to ask for a free month code if somebody has one. If not, well, I'll just have to wait a while.

I'm not sure if I should be doing this, but I got myself some codes from Sony's Facebook Journey Avatar Promo thing. Apparently they're multi use:
42RM-BANN-QJ2A
4JA3-JGND-NMM7
2GMC-AENH-MF5K
NGL9-22NP-T464

Emitan

What's your overall playtime?

And will you replay it even though you got dat plat?

Could have gotten 100% a while ago, I've just been "speedrunning" and beating the last chapter over and over to see my outfit change. I've probably put 4-6 hours into it.

I'll probably do the same thing

Yes you will.

This is the only game other than Beyond Good & Evil that I've gotten all Trophies/Achievements on this entire generation.

I should probably stop beating this game, but every time i beat it my clothing gets more patterns on it SO I CAN'T STOP

SEE MY SWAG

Wait your clothing gets more patterns really?

I've beaten it 5 times already lol I should look like a flying oriental carpet at this point.

I know this sounds stupidly superlative, but my god, absolutely incredible game. I just finished it in one sitting and am absolutely in awe of the experience. The lead up to the end was so beautiful I welled up a little bit. Chills.

Love the co-operative element, I didn't even realise I'd been playing with multiple people.

dreamfall

Does anyone know where I can get the first glowing object for the
Mountain level
? It's the last item I need for a 100%... can not seem to find it for the life of me. This game is so perfect.

I know this sounds stupidly superlative, but my god, absolutely incredible game. I just finished it in one sitting and am absolutely in awe of the experience. The lead up to the end was so beautiful I welled up a little bit. Chills.

Love the co-operative element, I didn't even realise I'd been playing with multiple people.
Me neither. I played with 6 people on my playthrough, and I only counted 2 unique people. And that's only because I saw the first guy drop out

Just did my part (spoilers ahoy):

After getting the white suit, I started a new game from scratch and helped out a new guy that I met in the first level. At first he was reluctant to follow me around, but after persistent chirping, I was able to lead him to all of the hidden glyphs and glowing symbols (even showed him the hidden flOw creature). Near the end of it, he refused to leave my side and we got to the top of the mountain together :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I beat it with 7 people. It's weird because I thought the one person with me for 3-4 areas was the same person but I guess not. AMAZINGLY OUTSTANDING experience here.

They just don't make these kinds of games which do these things to you.

My favorite parts where when
those creatures in the caves start patrolling and the game goes stealth
. So
scary when they first
hit the scene.

I know I may have over spoiler tagged there but I would hate to ruin parts for people. Some of them parts made me glad I had a companion.

Hell, the
latter half of the game just picks up so amazingly well that I couldn't believe the greatness.
It's doing these things with human emotions and striking feelings of certain
fear, loneliness, happiness, and sort of combining those to make an infinite color pallet of emotions
Or at least several feelings but I think you get the point.

Ricky_R

Did any of you guys feel that 2-3 hours, while amazing, were not enough due to how great the experience was? I just don't want to feel like I didn't get enough from the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Did any of you guys feel that 2-3 hours, while amazing, were not enough due to how great the experience was? I just don't want to feel like I didn't get enough from the game.

Absolutely not. As it is, it feels just right. Not that it couldn't go further with more sections but it felt just right to me. I've got far less with other games I've payed more. Especially when you consider what this game does to you in certain aspects. I would rather let it be a surprise for people but it's a very special game.

If anything, I think the short length adds to how great the experience is. You ride a real emotional rollercoaster in the span of 2 hours. Any longer and I think the impact wouldn't be as great.

Leeness

It was more than enough for me.

Except now I want to play it again and again and again, hahaha. Just to relive it. :)

Ridley327

I seriously cannot find the last symbol in
the desert. I've got the one that's to the right of the beginning, the one from the top of the broken tower, and the one in the amphitheater that's activated by the light trail.
What am I missing?

barrin87

This game was absolutely incredible!

I beat the game in a little over 2 hours which isn't long at all but the price was oh so worth it and I just want to play it more. I am guessing I will play through at least three or more times.

I seriously cannot find the last symbol in
the desert. I've got the one that's to the right of the beginning, the one from the top of the broken tower, and the one in the amphitheater that's activated by the light trail.
What am I missing?

In the very last part of the level, where you sit down to meditate, there's a ledge on the structure near the base of the stairs. Take the left route and you'll see it as you wrap around the building. I was stuck on this one forever as well.

Speevy

Banned
No offense to those of you who want to make wise purchases, but you're coming at this game the wrong way.

99.9% of the time, you'd be right. Why should you spend X amount of money on a game that's over before you turn around?

But in this rare case, the game is not a storage shed for your accomplishments or abilities. You won't understand until you play it, and no, it can't be demoed.

MrPliskin

Banned
Just finished it. I feel it was a *smidge* too pricey for the length of the experience, but not enough to dampen the experience. Really enjoyed it. Stunningly beautiful. It feels more like an interactive silent movie with amazing cinematography and art direction than it does a "game".

Top Bottom