• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Cartman86

Banned
Its certainly one of the best experiences i've had this gen, and I can declare that with certainty. The surrealism of it is just breathtaking. Throughout the game, my thought and mind were just racing all over the place.

On another note, I skimmed through the thread and I saw that some people suggested to play the game solo at first. For the most part I would have agreed, but thinking back now, my mind has changed. I had such an awe-inspiring moment in the latter half:

*Location and Ending Spoilers!*
In the snow portion, me and a fellow cloth were somewhat banded to each other in the early part of the way up. As we climbed higher and the wrath of the weather/danger began to hit, we were clinging together. When we finally got to the final storm, we were glued together even when we knew our cloth were becoming lifeless. It was just enchanting to really feel the struggle between the red warmth and blue cold. ;_;

I can't say that I regret playing it in co-op and I wanted to play my first playthrough solo. In a way, i'm starting to think this was the sole intention of including the online portion of the game. Just MASTERFUL. Thanks TCG.

P.S. I need this game on my Vita OLED. Neeeed. Anyone know if remote play is supported?

It's not.

Amir0x

Banned
Amazed how Journey has been able to make Amir0x rethink his foundaments about gaming.

For me, when I see again any Journey trailer, i get intense feelings remembering the experience. Feels good.

About the parts that I enjoyed more, is very similar to Amir0x ones:

Surfing level was intense and beautiful.
First time that I get caught by an enemy I was shocked, I didn't even though that you could get hit.
The whole last level. Going with a partner was amazing. We were going together, in the rought parts, feeling that we need to be together to get some warm of our bodies. And the last steps were very intense.

And also, a couple of times I lost my partner and I started looking for him, or climbing to high places to look where he was. When I saw him, in the distance, calling for me, was a great relief.

Yeah, great spoiler parts. Seems we had a very similar experience. Also, when
you emerge above the clouds in that beautiful final level... flying through waterfalls, flying besides flying energy beasts, surfing and soaring across the mountain side
, after going through the previous trials and "tribulations", it felt almost as if we had ascended and went to heaven together. The game seemed to work in that sort of metaphorical sense, even
with a very real 'go into the light'
moment.

Won't be near any PS3 till Wednesday, but I shall get this game as soon as I'm back home. Already convinced two of my friends to do the same.

All I hope is that I don't get matched up with people who already played the game multiple times.

With Flower, there's already far bigger problems right off the bat that would inhibit enjoyment on my end even if there was something better there beneath it (I beat the game and there's not, but let's just say there was for the sake of argument): the sixaxis controls are absolute rancid garbage. Journey has excellent controls.

My partner was
white
, that's all I know. So I assume that meant he was a super pro, considering he led me to every in-and-out there was in the game....including the easter eggs of
Flow and Flower
. I'm guessing if you find everything you get to become
white
or something.

But genuinely, playing with said super pro did not damper my enjoyment one bit. This is simply not the type of game where it really matters on your first experience. The game has the illusion of exploration, but it's all rather linear and obvious (even the 'collectables' are, for the most, supremely easy to locate). So in the end Journey really is primarily about sights and sounds, and you're going to get that with or without a super partner. And I think my experience was enhanced for the simple fact we had extreme comradery fairly quickly, and by the end of the game we were practically blood brothers: we had adopted a barking rhythm melody, we flew practically the entire way with our alternating singing, we stopped and started with a sense of almost otherworldly predictability of the others' action. We even adopted a specific celebration barking melody, which we did after every level milestone (- ** --- * -- *). It was a remarkable feeling, this unique multiplayer experience... and this was with me and my fiancee exchanging controllers throughout the game. I would not have wanted to solo.

SLV

God damn ! I am going to bite on this, this evening, getting PS + just to play it early, by reading this thread, i guess this is one game you don't want to miss out on.

Ashler

Just bought and played Journey. This is definately one of the best games i've played in recent years, specially when you find someone else to share the experience with in co-op.

Would pay for DLC at a high price!

Carl

Just bought and played Journey. This is definately one of the best games i've played in recent years, specially when you find someone else to share the experience with in co-op.

I'm basically at a point where i will buy anything TGC makes, no matter what anyone else thinks of it, legnth, price, etc.

SykoTech

I just beat this game.

I was wrong. I was wrong. Everything I said about this game was wrong. I don't know what changed, I'm not even sure I can articulate what changed, but I was wrong. This is the first time I am actually rendered speechless by a game and literally cannot find the words to explain the type of reaction it renders unto the player. I played with my fiancee (she played one screen, I would play the next), and it was some sort of transcendent experience, a game whose name could be nothing else; a game which defies the very criticism I am so fond of. I do not know what to make of it, I do not think this is the way games should be, but I do think this is one of the most fascinating and provocative experiences on a gaming console that there has ever been. If this does not deserve conversation, if this does not demand attention, something is very very wrong in this gaming world.

They stunned me into submission and forced me to rethink my rigid gaming structural requirements... and I don't know if I can go back.

Great to hear. I too was kinda worried that this game would end up lacking in substance or losing its charm after a couple of minutes of gawking at the prettiness, hence why it has kept flowing on and off my radar instead of being a certain purchase. The unamious praise from reviews and impressions has made me feel a little bit more reassured, but hearing this kind of praise from someone who was very skeptical has me entirely at ease now.

Yeah, great spoiler parts. Seems we had a very similar experience. Also, when
you emerge above the clouds in that beautiful final level... flying through waterfalls, flying besides flying energy beasts, surfing and soaring across the mountain side
, after going through the previous trials and "tribulations", it felt almost as if we had ascended and went to heaven together. The game seemed to work in that sort of metaphorical sense, even
with a very real 'go into the light'
moment.

The moment that you realise that the whole journey is a methafor
of life, from your first born steps, with the curiosity and desire for discovery, finding a partner (the limitation of only one partner is not a coincidence) in your life, and go together facing different challenges until you are old, when the steps are each time more and more difficult, and ending with death (and, in this case, a gimpse of heaven and then reincarnation)

kevinbutlerBOOM.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This game is absolutely captivating. The experience I had last night with it was unbelievably memorable.

It was actually somewhat late and I just wanted to check it out briefly before heading to bed. So I played through the first area and ended up in the section where you have to extend the bridges. The sound and atmosphere was very relaxing so I set the controller down to take it in for a moment and started to doze off. Just before that, however, I heard that singing noise and saw another character moving towards me. As I was initially in a half asleep state the appearance of this entity felt somewhat unreal. I had actually forgotten about the coop aspect and was totally taken by surprise when someone wandered into the world. A truly magical moment!

It very quickly snapped me awake, though, and we started following each other around. The anonymous coop aspect combined with the amazing atmosphere resulted in one of the most interesting and enjoyable gaming experiences I've had in years. I was just sitting there with a huge grin on my face as we moved forward and I ended up playing for an hour. It was just incredibly involving in a way that I didn't expect and it totally took me by surprise.

I mean, I knew the basic concept of the game before going in, but I didn't actually expect it to so fully capture my imagination. They're onto something here.

The game itself is also far more enjoyable to play than any previous release from these guys. The controls are actually great and enjoyable to use (sliding never gets old). The visuals as well are truly remarkable. I did not expect all of the shading and effects they would apply to the environment but it results in one of the prettiest games I've ever witnessed. Truly exceptional.

Amir0x

Banned

not sure what the DLC's purpose would be. the game's purpose, the cycle, was fulfilled. it was short enough that if they wanted to make more content they probably could have... but it's not longer intentionally. It should not be one sec longer or shorter. It is precisely the right amount of time to leave you in love with the scenario without overstaying its welcome and turning into a 'oh great more aimless wandering' end result.

i understand how memorable this is and the desire to want more, but savor this experience instead of asking for DLC that wouldn't really make sense anyway

The moment that you realise that the whole journey is a methafor metaphor
of life, from your first born steps, with the curiosity and desire for discovery, finding a partner (the limitation of only one partner is not a coincidence) in your life, and go together facing different challenges until you are old, when the steps are each time more and more difficult, and ending with death (and, in this case, a gimpse of heaven and then reincarnation)

kevinbutlerBOOM.gif

Yea, it is quite obvious. But it works because it does not beat you over the head with the messaging, there is no awfully written dialogue or painful hand wringing about
old age or arthritis or something
. This game is undoubtedly a milestone in gaming storytelling. THIS is a gaming narrative worth advancement, not that Heavy Rain I-wish-I-was-a-poorly-made-D-grade-movie shit. They're two different products, but I think in this case it's worth comparing their approach to storytelling as they are on opposite ends of the pole. And it's clear to me at least which approach has merit and which one doesn't.

Journey relishes its gameness and leverages the strengths of the medium to immediately engage the player in a thoughtful manner that treats its audience with intelligence, which is in direct contrast to the hit-me-over-the-head-instead-of-utilizing-nuance direction that 98% of other games use. Journey doesn't want to be a movie. It wants to be a game.

Great to hear. I too was kinda worried that this game would end up lacking in substance or losing its charm after a couple of minutes of gawking at the prettiness, hence why it has kept flowing on and off my radar instead of being a certain purchase. The unamious praise from reviews and impressions has made me feel a little bit more reassured, but hearing this kind of praise from someone who was very skeptical has me entirely at ease now.

I was too. I was curious, as I always am in unique products like this, but the beta demo had really turned me off. My fiance convinced me to get it (she loved Flower), and I admit I was bitterly curious, so we got it. It just blew me away in every way that matters.

schnarf

Last night I signed up for PS+ just so I could buy and play Journey. I have zero regrets after finishing the game. It may have cost me over $30 in a sense, but it was worth every penny.
Anyone on the fence, if you can afford to sign up and buy the game, I would urge you to do so.
With regards to "playing it alone" on your first play through, I suggest you do not go down that path. Just start the game and see where it takes you. Most likely you will run into another player, and if you do then you are in for a real treat. The experience of going through it all with someone else was very powerful.
I nearly took my system offline for my first go through of the game, so glad that I did not.

Amir0x

Banned
Last night I signed up for PS+ just so I could buy and play Journey. I have zero regrets after finishing the game. It may have cost me over $30 in a sense, but it was worth every penny.
Anyone on the fence, if you can afford to sign up and buy the game, I would urge you to do so.
With regards to "playing it alone" on your first play through, I suggest you do not go down that path. Just start the game and see where it takes you. Most likely you will run into another player, and if you do then you are in for a real treat. The experience of going through it all with someone else was very powerful.
I nearly took my system offline for my first go through of the game, so glad that I did not.

i also purchased PlayStation + just so I could try this game early.

I too did not feel like I wasted a single penny. Seriously, this left me feeling so confused. I feel like what I imagine it must be like if I just had my first awkward sexual experience and then realized that I didn't like chicks or something and had to confront that fact for the first time in its enormity*

note: just in terms of how confusing it must feel; this has no negative connotations here

Shit gameplay, comically awful story, no polish, hilariously inept sidequests. Classic sub section of neoGAF's lack of taste. This thread is being devalued merely by comparison.

There's the Amir0x I was looking for!

Seriously, very happy to hear your impressions because it's exactly what I was hoping this game could deliver, exactly the approach I'd hoped they'd taken. I can't afford + right now or I'd already be there. I'm a hell of a lot more forgiving than you, but our tastes overlap more often than not (except with Nier apparently, hah), especially when it comes to the importance of engaging gameplay over all else, so this has me incredibly hyped for this game.

Neiteio

I feel like what I imagine it must be like if I just had my first awkward sexual experience and then realized that I didn't like chicks or something and had to confront that fact for the first time in its enormity
Too bad the game doesn't have a box. This quote should go on the back.

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone know where to find the dynamic theme? I've checked the store and it is nowhere to be seen. It didnt auto download anything either, i checked all my installed themes.

Neiteio

I'm still skeptical this game will have quite the effect you guys are describing. I guess I'll find out Tuesday. No way I'm buying PlayStation Plus for just one game.

I wonder... Do you think Journey will hold up on multiple playthroughs? I thought Heavy Rain was incredible the first time through, on the strength of its killer-could-be-anywhere sensibility, but the game doesn't quite hold up once you know how it ends.

Now I know Journey is more of an actual game, in the sense there is joy in simply moving about, like a Mario game, but is it enough so that when you know all of the twists and turns and what not, it's still powerful?

I liked Dear Esther enough to play it several times, and that game is a straight-up walking tour. So it's not like I'm narrow-minded in the way I can appreciate games (though I generally prefer skill-based titles like Vanquish). I just hope this isn't a classic case of post-game rush-induced hype.

EDIT: Also, I read somewhere the last third of Journey is weak. True?

Just played through it for the first time. Really loved it. Don't think I loved it as much as other people in this thread. My eyes didn't tear up. For some reason they did with Dear Esther, so I'll say that's a better "game".

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
if the game is a metaphor for the cycle of life, I'm not really getting the point of some of those cutscene mural things
I'll have to play through a few more times.

Anyone know where to find the dynamic theme? I've checked the store and it is nowhere to be seen. It didnt auto download anything either, i checked all my installed themes.

Check your download queue. After I downloaded Journey from the store, I checked my queue and found the theme there.

Steroyd

So Ico's finally dethroned?

Can't wait to experience it for myself. Perhaps I should play it solo the first time.

Oh I'd somewhat suggest against that, your experience isn't dampened in the slightest when you meet another person on your journey and they come and go to, it's an absolutely sublime experience as it was intended.

test_account

XP-39C²
Man, playing Journey in co-op is such a great experience! Especially since you can "heal" eachother, so you dont have to run to those pieces of cloth all the time.

I'm still skeptical this game will have quite the effect you guys are describing. I guess I'll find out Tuesday. No way I'm buying PlayStation Plus for just one game.

I wonder... Do you think Journey will hold up on multiple playthroughs? I thought Heavy Rain was incredible the first time through, on the strength of its killer-could-be-anywhere sensibility, but the game doesn't quite hold up once you know how it ends.

Now I know Journey is more of an actual game, in the sense there is joy in simply moving about, like a Mario game, but is it enough so that when you know all of the twists and turns and what not, it's still powerful?

I liked Dear Esther enough to play it several times, and that game is a straight-up walking tour. So it's not like I'm narrow-minded in the way I can appreciate games (though I generally prefer skill-based titles like Vanquish). I just hope this isn't a classic case of post-game rush-induced hype.

EDIT: Also, I read somewhere the last third of Journey is weak. True?
Like every game, it totally depends on how much you enjoy playing through a single player campaign again. Or how much you enjoy watching a movie for the 2nd time. You know what is going to happen and what lies ahead of you etc.

I assume that most people who have said their opinion about the game in this thread have actually beaten the game, so it wouldnt be about post-hype. If everyone will enjoy the game just as much is another question though.

And personally i think that the whole game was one solid experience from start to finish, no weak parts anywhere :)

I've been pondering this all morning after beating this game last night. I loved this game, but how much DID I love it? I'ma at a place in my gaming life where I buy a ton of games, have a huge backlog, but normally end up playing Battlefield of CoD multiplayer. It's convenient, fun, I can get on with my buds and shoot/slice other dudebros. It's fun, but always ends in shit-talking, bitching about camping and noobtubing and just your general alpha male macho online posturing and I'm one of the biggest offenders in that regard.

That being said, after reflecting on this game and how it made me feel, I will go ahead and say this is the best game I've ever played. Period. Other games focus so much on online interactivity and party systems and clan whatevers and STILL you can lone wolf successfully without really worrying about supporting others and getting rewarded for doing so most of the time. I suppose the same could be said of Journey, but whatever magical sauce they marinated this game with brings out the altruism in you.

Even if you don't have to, people help others find secrets they might have otherwise missed. They wait when trouble hits you, or help you find your way when you're lost. The sense of discovery is magnified with another random player, even if their outfit shows more experience. They took all that we thought we knew about online communication and boiled it down to what truly makes us WANT to communicate. Not through a headset or text message, but through honest-to-goodness interaction. There's no griefing or even a DESIRE to grief, just this urge to hold your travel partner's hand and face the brave unknown together, whatever that may be.

This may seem like hyperbole (shit, this whole thread might), but Journey takes the best of life's experiences from birth to death and somehow perfectly captures those feelings and allows you to share them with others for not other reason than you truly want to experience joy with someone else. They made the best of life playable. It sounds so sappy, but that is what it is.

This game is so good, I told my coworker that I wished it was on 360 because I would buy it for her to play. I would spend another $15.00 to give someone I know this experience. It's that good.

Carl

Oh I'd somewhat suggest against that, your experience isn't dampened in the slightest when you meet another person on your journey and they come and go to, it's an absolutely sublime experience as it was intended.

It's actually really horrible to be on your own, i found.

I went through a lot with the first guy i met.

We got up the the level where you climb a couple of towers in the middle of the desert. Right at the top of the second one,
the guy fell off. Of course, i jumped down after him so i didn't lose him (he sang manically, which i assumed was a thank you), before making my way all the way up again with him.

Anyway, a bit later, when
you slide down the slope and fall into the caverns,
i lost him :( i don't know if i went a bit too fast or what. All i know is, when
i landed,
he was nowhere to be found. I stood waiting for him for about 5 minutes, hoping he would turn up. Didn't want to go on without him.

Really great how it makes you connect to one another.

*Location and Ending Spoilers!*
In the snow portion, me and a fellow cloth were somewhat banded to each other in the early part of the way up. As we climbed higher and the wrath of the weather/danger began to hit, we were clinging together. It was enchanting to see/feel the struggle between the red warmth and blue cold. When we finally got to the latter half, we were glued together even when we knew our cloth were becoming lifeless. ;_;

Yeah I have never felt so desperate and amazed and connected to a game, had the same experience...
And I saw him plop down into a snow angel before me... right next to me... just thinking about it is making me emotional now

Another great moment was when I saw a companion in the distance, and I ran to him
only to see him being eaten by a dragon right before my eyes as I was nearing him

Two of my moments of the decade in gaming.

Has there been a guide or document created to determine where the missing glyphs are? In the stones at the beginning I am showing 4 missing, but I don't know which level they correspond to.

Has there been a guide or document created to determine where the missing glyphs are? In the stones at the beginning I am showing 4 missing, but I don't know which level they correspond to.

phosphor112 put together a good guide a few days ago. If you're still stumped on any of them just ask:

If you want to add this to OT, feel free to clean it up or correct it if need be.

Symbol (etc etc) Guide
I don't know the location of all of them but here is a small guide. (Going from memory)

Row 1 -
Starting "Level Select" Area - 3 symbols:
1 -
On a small platform, giving you your first jump ability.
2 -
Slide down into the main level select area. There is one on the right side on the platform.
3 -
On the way up to the center platform, on the left side, there is one there.

Row 2 -
Broken Bridge- 3 symbols
1 -
Before dropping down, look left. You'll see the sign in a bundle of rocks.
2 -
At those rocks, look toward the back of the area. You'll see a bunch of sand falling from a cliff... head in that direction. There is a small alcove somewhat hidden by the sand falling. One of the symbols is in there.
3 -
On the other side of the bridge, you'll see more sand falling, there is a ledge up ahead with one on there. To get it easily, if you have all symbols up to this point, you can stand on the rocks near, make sure you have released the cloth near them, shout to get them to boost you up and make your way to that spot.

Row 3 -
The Dunes - 4 symbols (this one is a little harder to remember...)
1 -
It's somewhere a long the "normal" that of things... sorry my memory eludes me.
2 -
There is a decently sized collection of buildings off into the left side of the map. If you notice a triangular piece of building in the ground near the beginning left, you aren't too far off. Just follow the "arrow" up the dunes and you'll see the buildings there.
3 -
There is a circular platform just before the end area. Stand there until a star/symbol hits.
4 -
On the left side of the final platform, run around the left of the stairs, follow it around until you get this one.

Mirage Trophy -
Once you begin this area, get the cloth guy to come out, then run off forward/right. It's probably one of the most right places in this area. You'll see a few pieces of rubble and a yellow flower. Go up to it and touch it or sing.

Row 4 -
Sunken City
1 -
Not too far from the beginning, there is a long platform going "straight" IN THE MIDDLE RIGHT AFTER THE BIG CLIFF PILLAR. Hop on before you lose your chance. There is a symbol on here.
2 -
At the end of the first section, you reach a tunnel with sand at the end... you FLY out there. You must fly to the right (straight to camera's perspective) and there is a high up ledge with a symbol there. You can use a couple groups of cloth + jumping to get up there.
3 -
After you move on from that section, you will notice a large center piece cliff. Go around it to the left, stay close to it though. Slide past it, and then stay left after you pass it, hugging the next cliff. You'll see a rock that juts out. A cloth creature will carry you across the gap, and the third and final symbol of this area is here.

Row 5 (First row on other side) -
The Cave ("Underwater City")
1 -
In the first few minutes you'll notice broken "tube" or "tunnel" like structures. There is a set of them where you'll see one propped up by another. Fly to the tube that's propped up, turn around and fly in. There is a symbol there.
2 -
Next section has a bunch of "sea weed." There is a "T" structure (when looked at from a top/down perspective) jump and fly into that. There is one right at the cross section of the T.
3 -
This is a bottomless pit section. Lots of jelly fish looking things. Go as high up as you can. There is one up top on the highest jelly fish.
4 -
This one is near the final slope at the end where those meanies fly around. You'll see a bunch of broken stuff on the left side and a pillar. It's behind all of that near the path.

Row 6 (Second row on other side) -
The Tower
1 through 3 -
These are all easy to find. Raising the "water" will make them even easier to get.
4 -
There is a "barred" off area on the perimeter of the area. You'll see the little glowing sign behind small pillars looking like it's barred off. Jump/swim toward it. There is nothing blocking it on the sides, grab it.

Edit: Put the names of the areas in spoiler tags.

Amir0x

Banned
Even the way this game forces you into comradery with whomever your game partner is is just brilliant.

It's such a slow gradual 'nudging' toward that individual.

First you guys spot each other across a windblown desert, each going around singing flags down. More than likely, you find no reason to be forced into solidarity; you guys will likely proceed to create the bridge in whatever order.
Next you may occasionally start to guide one or another to a glyph the other didn't know about while catching a ride on a cloth animal or something
Following that, you ride the sand surf - swooping in and out, side by side, over jumps and under arches, guiding one another down smart paths to reach glyphs or simply to look rad. The distance between one another shrinks
Then you are underwater, or something like that, and you begin to start having to hide from those giant cloth snakes... and so you start to take a path much closer together, to avoid detection.
Next you guys must activate a huge series of glyphs in this lateral machine of sorts, and so you each race from position to position, helping each other fly to make the process painless.
You stumble out into the snow, it's cold and it's harder to fly for long. You get ever closer to one another, to keep the scarf glowing for longer.
You begin to have to avoid horrific wind gusts, so you both end up huddling from behind rock to rock. You take up position together and rush forward together; you begin to become synchronized.
You now not only have to avoid the wind and cold, but the giant snake cloth beasts are back and you have to hide together beneath shelter to avoid its spotlight gaze. Your cloth scarfs barely work anymore unless you are right on top of one another, so you start to walk side by side without fail. Synchronization complete.
You end up walking that last journey together up that cold hill, just crawling toward the summit as you guys slowly freeze to death. You are now practically holding hands, as the only way to keep warm is to be literally touching one another. This is indicating by a dim red glow about your feet when you do this. It is just one tiny small comfort against the majesty and power of the storm, and there's no viable gameplay reason to do this at the end since there is no way to survive it... but you do it anyway. You need to do it. Your companionship is complete, how can you not go through this final tribulation together? How can you not take that step into the other side whilst you take your final breath?
You're free again, bursting into the sky of color and freedom and flight. And now even though you're free, you don't separate... you guys are one in the same, twirling around one another as you blaze a trail through the clouds. As you finish the game, walking toward the light, you both walk slowly as the light begins to obscure your vision. You or your friend will wait for you to make that final walk. There is no other option, really, even though there is.

This game is a masterpiece. The more I think about it, the more it is beyond reproach. I am sad I ever maligned this fucking game

This game...

On a serious note the end established a truly unique and powerful moment for me in gaming.
Just the final collapse, the struggle to continue, shook me from any distractions; the final ascent up the mountain, the freedom you feel has me so emotionally attached because in some strange way I feel like that is what death will feel like. Shackles removed, complete freedom and beauty surrounding you. You even look back for your partner, and at times you see them. But eventually (at least in my playthroughs) they all disappeared. But I still felt joy, a strong emotional clarity and freedom compared to early stages when losing track of a partners location. The game is such profound, subtle metaphor that it's so obvious at the end, but originally going in it escapes you.

Unbelievable really, to have something both hit the core, deeply raw emotions of human existence and magnify the intricacies of human interaction, and how language can so prominently obscure and complicate so many of life's experiences.

I really want to play this but I don't think I'll be spending $15 on a 2 hr game. And I'm not even from the US so that 15 USD isn't exactly spare change. If this was a 10 dollar game, I would've bought it on March 6 (since I have PS Plus)

EDIT: but the reviews here are making me think otherwise

Amir0x

Banned
This was me prior to this game's release:

[url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35632952&postcount=313]Amir0x[/url] said:
Eurogamer puts it at an hour and a half... which is shockingly short even by my expectations.

Don't think I can spend $15 for that.

Of course after the BETA I was always vacillating between a purchase or not - will my graphics whore side win out, given that this is one of the most beautiful games ever, or will my extremely critical gameplay side win out... since Journey is one of the most boring games I ever played which gameplay amounts to being a barking simulator and surfing sand.

I guess my gameplay side will win this day.

This is me after I played the game:

[url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35863879&postcount=819]Amir0x[/url] said:
And what's more, it's the perfect length. I never thought I'd say that. It should not be one second longer or shorter. I do not feel like I wasted even one half of one penny, and I purchased three fuckin' months of PlayStation Plus to be able to access this. It's the type of thing that even if you didn't like it, the conversation that one might have from experiencing it would likely be worth the admission anyway.

Length is perfect. Absolutely perfect. I spend $17+$15 to play this game, and I would've paid $60.

Just finished the game (loved it), made a bunch of stupid memes. "Journey Buddies" if you want to join the carnival.

agF4q.jpg

uiUtq.jpg

CdCTc.jpg

gQDHM.jpg

evckH.jpg

Bswu7.jpg

Probably. I went in cold without reading the thread or anything, so my observations are probably lame/passe at this point. Oh well! I felt inspired I guess.

GeoramA

Needs an "Amir0x approved" in the thread title.

Loving the stories from everyone's playthroughs and their reflections on it. Seems different for everyone.

SLV

Well, i just finished my first Journey, i can completely agree to Amirox post above, it is a stunning game, i can hardly find the words to describe the feelings that overcame me while playing it, so i created my first comic ever to reflect my journey. I thought that would be fitting, it most definitively sucks, but that is all i got.

OjAQc.png

Will i be wrong in saying that this is THE BEST looking game on the ps3. How big was SSM involvement on the technical side? God of war 4 will look infuckinsane!!

Adamm

So after the 4th time of trying I finally finished a game with a partner! :D

Kept loosing them each time, but woo!
Now I feel sad :(

Top Bottom