• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

Emitan

Oh sweet, good to know. I always assumed Netflix was useless unless I could sign in to PSN. Could have saved me some boredom during the recent maintenance.

It depends. During the big outage I could use Netflix at the beginning, but as time went on it stopped working.

KingK

The game is downloaded and installed. I don't think I'm gonna start it yet though. I want to have time to soak it in in one sitting, and I have a busy rest of the week. But spring break is up soon, so I'll probably play through it this weekend or next week.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I've been playing co-op from the beginning.

This game.

So beautiful.

It makes me feel silly things...

burgerdog

I hope that the low activity in this thread is simply due to ps+ requirement to play it now. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if more people don't buy this game next week.

edit
How do I quit the game? Have to ps button and go to xmb?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
For those who completed the review code: how long is the game? I don't want it to end, but in an hour or so I've experienced most of the areas revealed in trailers and videos.

I hope that the low activity in this thread is simply due to ps+ requirement to play it now. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if more people don't buy this game next week.

Dude... There has been a huge amount of activity on Twitter and Facebook!
Next week, there will be a lot more people playing, though, because we just announced the PS Plus stuff on Friday, and detailed it yesterday.

I'm surprised that there are this many PS Plusers on our official Facebook and Twitter channels!

It's going to be a busy two weeks for me!

atomsk

Party Pooper

edit
How do I quit the game? Have to ps button and go to xmb?

I'm guessing everyone is trying to download it at the same time, because I just got home AND IT IS GOING SLOW AS FUCK

5%.... 170 minutes remain

Guess I'm not playing it tonight =(

burgerdog

Dude... There has been a huge amount of activity on Twitter and Facebook!
Next week, there will be a lot more people playing, though, because we just announced the PS Plus stuff on Friday, and detailed it yesterday.

I'm surprised that there are this many PS Plusers on our official Facebook and Twitter channels!

It's going to be a busy two weeks for me!

That's good to hear! I wish you guys tremendous success. I'm going to stop playing because I don't want this to end quite yet. This is one of those rare games which I could play for hours without getting bored.

Deepo

This game.. oh man. Forget goosebumps, I had fucking geese square dancing on my skin at some points. I can honestly say I have never been this moved by a game. Fantastic.

Etheus

Neo Member
Just finished it. My god, what an experience. Being there with someone you don't know, and have no way to communicate with, truly something I won't forget anytime soon. Best game of the year for me by a long shot, maybe the generation.

I'll say this much: Eurogamer must have been doing nothing but frantically trying to complete the game. Unless it ends suddenly, I'm already closing in at an hour and a half and I haven't seen several areas from the trailers/reviews.

Emitan

Ending spoiler:
You know how during the credits you turn into a ball of light traveling back through the game? You can actually see them while playing so you know when someone has beaten the game.

upto how many players can coop at the same time?

aristotle

with it being so short is there much replayability?

There are several hidden things in the areas if you're a "collector". You have to be blazing through it to beat it in 90 minutes (I did). The shortness doesn't ruin the theme at all. You can definitely sink in alot of time into the game if you want just wandering around finding the hidden stuff. I know I'll be doing that since I beat it so fast. It's well worth it to me.

GeoramA

Best co-op experience I've had in a long time. Like I said in the beta thread, flying around with a companion feels like you're in a Disney movie.

And length isn't an issue for me. Going for all the trophies looks like 3-4 playthroughs.

with it being so short is there much replayability?

So far, pretty much every reviewer said they played through it multiple times and intend to keep playing it.

And, yeah, people keep telling us that it has a lot of replayability.

Every person that you play with online is different, so every time you play the game it's going to be different.

And, finally, everyone should play through it in Single Player just to have that experience as well. :)

anddo0

Is this real life?
Dear god, I've never seen something so beautiful in my entire life. I'm melting.

Could a 2 hour game really win GOTY. Hell Yes!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That was short (took me about 2 hours) but it was AMAZING. One of the very few games to give me goosebumps.

hutna

There are several hidden things in the areas if you're a "collector". You have to be blazing through it to beat it in 90 minutes (I did). The shortness doesn't ruin the theme at all. You can definitely sink in alot of time into the game if you want just wandering around finding the hidden stuff. I know I'll be doing that since I beat it so fast. It's well worth it to me.

sounds good.

I really want to like this game since I think the graphics are gorgeous and a lot of the ideas seem really neat, but I am also someone who likes deep and challenging gameplay which from what I understand this game doesn't really have (by design). If the game was $4.99 I probably wouldn't care and just buy it for the graphics alone, but at $14.99 and it being so short I'm starting to look for reasons to buy it.

Shearie

sounds good.

I really want to like this game since I think the graphics are gorgeous and a lot of the ideas seem really neat, but I am also someone who likes deep and challenging gameplay which from what I understand this game doesn't really have (by design). If the game was $4.99 I probably wouldn't care and just buy it for the graphics alone, but at $14.99 and it being so short I'm starting to look for reasons to buy it.

I kinda feel the same way but I'll probably still get this a little later when I'm done with ME3. Looks too good to pass up and I loved Flower.

Top Bottom