• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey |OT| Perfect Strangers

This has quickly become my front runner for game of 2012. I just lost my first traveling partner and sat for ten minutes hoping they would come back. :(

If anything, it seems like theyre going multi-platform after this game if I remember correctly.

We've never said anything about going multiplatform. What we said is that we're looking for a larger audience than just that of the PS3.

We could go to another console, iOS, PC, everything, or a mix, but nothing's been said yet. :)

Well, except that the next game will have a large online component:
http://thatgamecompany.com/jobs/ (Scalability Engineer)

d0c_zaius

this game is so fucking good.

so fucking good!

This has quickly become my front runner for game of 2012. I just lost my first traveling partner and sat for ten minutes hoping they would come back. :(

haha this just happened to me as well. funny cause the first time I waited a bit, they actually floated up to me.

too bad theres no quit game or anything. I almost felt bad just using the PS home button to leave the game.

Zia

After being "kind of upset" with the window of exclusivity, I was generously gifted some PlayStation Plus.

57% Downloading...

Bites nails.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished it. Oh man, that was such an awesome game... if this game doesn't win awards, I will have to kill people.

I only met one person, and if you're on GAF, couldn't have asked for a better companion. I salute you psypher... something... whatever your name is.

Doesn't look like the PS3 records who you play with as "players met". >_<

But this is still an awesome game, and the ending had me screaming at the screen too. :p

Emitan

Slight spoiler I guess (not really anything important at all):
It pulls a Demon's Souls level select... All those chapter selection buildings and then a broken one. Probably means nothing, but I'd be down for DLC

d0c_zaius

yea I actually missed my laundry time because I didn't want to abandon my travelling buddy.

many parts of the game I was either smiling or drop-jawed. The way everything feels organic and smooth...simply refreshing and inspiring.

damn good work thatgamecompany and santa monica studios!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
You can see their name while playing?

When you beat the game,
when it shows you how many companions you met, it tells you the PSN ids for each one.

Unfortunately, it doesnt look like PSN records it as a Player Met, so if you thought your companion was awesome, make sure to write that name down so you can friend them later.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just beat it, went through ten companions even though I didn't even notice. Beautiful game. Amazing game.

anddo0

Masterful! I beat this game in a night and don't regret a thing. I'll play it again tomorrow, and about a dozen times after that.

I meet 8 people on my first Journey. It's amazing how you can communicate without words. The way we played off of each others actions. It just felt so right.

Flower, and now Journey... ThatGameCompany I salute you.
mgs_salutingAPatriot2.gif

dreamfall

It really is perfect. First run through, took my sweet time. Nearly three hours, two strangers along the way. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it truly is.

Emitan

Can't get the Explore trophy. I never find enough :(

Also I have no idea which area of the game Ancestors takes place in.

Zeal

Banned
Love sitting and watching new players come into the game as shooting stars.

This game is pretty magical.

I had the most wonderful co-op experience with this one guy. We got all the way to the last level (gorgeous btw) and I lost him.

I sat by the end of the area barking and hoping he'd show up but he never did :(

LiK

i have to admit, i was with one guy going through a tough level near the end and he was destroyed right in front of me while i escaped. i was actually a lil affected cuz he was with me since the beginning of the chapter.

Just finished my first playthrough. Had the same companion for the majority of it. Such a unique and resonating experience. Absolutely gorgeous, incredible sound design, and a very lovely soundtrack. I don't think I'm going to plunge into another trek so soon, as much as I desire to. I want to just think about this game for awhile. Well done to everyone at TGC.

JJD

Wow! I'm really happy to see such good reactions! Unfortunately I'll only be able to play the game tomorrow (I ordered a PSN card just to buy Journey).

careksims

HOLY SHIT!

Words can't describe how beautiful/wonderful this game is. One of the best experiences I've ever played. I forgot I was playing a game. Just sooo... wow. Just wow. I was in awe the whole damn time. Sony needs to buy this company. Seriously.

HOLY SHIT!

Words can't describe how beautiful/wonderful this game is. One of the best experiences I've ever played. I forgot I was playing a game. Just sooo... wow. Just wow. I was in awe the whole damn time. Sony needs to buy this company. Seriously.

Yeah, Sony is really dropping the ball by not extending the contract with TGC. Honestly, they should be on their hands and knees with offers to keep them exclusive.

Chocoboko

Just played it all the way to the end. Speechless. I could have sworn I was with one person the whole time but at the end it told me I had been with 4 separate people. Possibly the best Co-op experience I've ever had with a game, especially towards the end.

Not a single second was wasted. Cannot say enough good things about this game.

So unbelievably good.

Did anyone else have trouble exploring in this game? My companions usually just charged straight ahead, and I didn't want to be left behind. :(

Top Bottom