• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jpn] The PSP online pre-order onslaught begins!

Troidal

...and by the time post this, it's already too late in some places online such as Bicbic.com and Yodobashi.com.

Apparently both online sites had pre-orders this morning, and was gone in 30 minutes :lol

As for software, only Vampire Chronicle: Chaos Tower is available for legit pre-orders at Capcom's very own shopping website:
http://www.e-capcom.com/shop/?goods=9999889

That leaves Amazon.co.jp, PlayStation.com and perhaps Toysrus.co.jp...

Well, if you want to be sure, might as well line up at a store on the morning of the 12th.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh fucking fuck.

i wonder how many GAMERS actually purchased the unit rather than the usual sony whores who just want the latest gadgets?

belgurdo

Banned
DCharlie said:
oh fucking fuck.

i wonder how many GAMERS actually purchased the unit rather than the usual sony whores who just want the latest gadgets?

Why does this question not come up in DS circle jerk threads?

DCharlie

"Why does this question not come up in DS circle jerk threads?"

... because the Ds reorders haven't sold out in Japan dispite all the "ooo 2 million preorders" bullshit??

we are just bitter because even people in the office who have no interest in gaming think the PSP is a must own device because they think they can plan their DVDs on it.... groan....

DCharlie said:
"Why does this question not come up in DS circle jerk threads?"

... because the Ds reorders haven't sold out in Japan dispite all the "ooo 2 million preorders" bullshit??

we are just bitter because even people in the office who have no interest in gaming think the PSP is a must own device because they think they can plan their DVDs on it.... groan....

So what's wrong with that? It's the benefit of having a multi functional device. You make it where more than just 1 market is interested in the product.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DCharlie said:

Everything is going according to plan for sony.

DCharlie

"So what's wrong with that? It's the benefit of having a multi functional device. You make it where more than just 1 market is interested in the product."

one disadvantage that springs to mind is that , if in an extreme situation, the bulk of purchases are made on the strength of video play back, then games publishers will get totally pissed.

Attach rates to handhelds are low at best, and i'm desperate to give sony some cash.
unfortunately, so are 200,000 other suckers... :(

I don't think that its going to be dominated by movie/music fans. There will obviously be some but I think most will buy it for games. The possible benefit of having movie/music fans buy it is that since they already have the hardware it'll be much easier to interest them into buying games. Sony's best bet at really getting into the handheld market place is showing a better attach rate for the PSP than Nintendo has for its handhelds. So if they have to do that through back ways then so be it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DCharlie said:
I'm sure there's a number of "GAMERS" who will get their hands on more than one PSP just so they can throw the extras up on ebay for a marked up price...

DCharlie

"we are just bitter"

damn right - it's like PS2 launch all over again where massive sections of usually uninterested people suddenly HAVE to own this piece of sony kit... they don't give a shite about the games, they just heard that it's a better-than-ipod Mp3 player and it can play DVDs on the go (even though that's not really true - i've heard at least 5 people in the office make this suggestion).

it's like the flood... it sucks, but you have to trawl through it to get to the good stuff.

"I'm sure there's a number of "GAMERS" who will get their hands on more than one PSP just so they can throw the extras up on ebay for a marked up price..."

bastards. for the record , i've NEVER done anything like this, even though i'm in a prime position to do this... meh, and i call myself a businessman! lol - i shouldn't be complaining!

DCharlie said:
"we are just bitter"

damn right - it's like PS2 launch all over again where massive sections of usually uninterested people suddenly HAVE to own this piece of sony kit... they don't give a shite about the games, they just heard that it's a better-than-ipod Mp3 player and it can play DVDs on the go (even though that's not really true - i've heard at least 5 people in the office make this suggestion).

Did Mikami steal your account? :)

DCharlie

"DCharlie's on your side, you crazy PSP kids. IT'S A RUSE! PROTECT THE QUEEN!"

i know it's strange for people to believe, but i'm dying to get my hands on a PSP.

but seriously... the casual uninformed market seems to be becoming mobilised.

It will do sony no good if people start buying this as a cheat media plater, we need GAMES PURCHASES! ;)

um....
or at least, i need lumines to come out so i can stop coding a GBA port!

DCharlie

i'm trying to rewrite everything in a mod tracker...
i have the first track from the game right here...
i just need ot rewrite it...

... and, of course, i'm coding the game from the super sweet 20 minutes of memory i have from playign tha game....

DCharlie =

Lauch day of PSP = "OMG I JUST GOT PSP, RIDGE RACER ROXX OMG KTHXBYE"

Several days later = "OH FUCK PSP BROKE, FUCK SONY AND PSP, PSP IS DOOM3D"

DCharlie

"Lauch day of PSP = "OMG I JUST GOT PSP, RIDGE RACER ROXX OMG KTHXBYE"
Several days later = "OH FUCK PSP BROKE, FUCK SONY AND PSP, PSP IS DOOM3D""

that just depends if the PSP is broke or not!
i'm too hardonified about Lumines to care less at the moment, so i must have one.

but the same rules apply to the DS, Xb2, Ps3, NGC2 etc etc....

DCharlie said:
"Lauch day of PSP = "OMG I JUST GOT PSP, RIDGE RACER ROXX OMG KTHXBYE"
Several days later = "OH FUCK PSP BROKE, FUCK SONY AND PSP, PSP IS DOOM3D""

that just depends if the PSP is broke or not!
i'm too hardonified about Lumines to care less at the moment, so i must have one.

but the same rules apply to the DS, Xb2, Ps3, NGC2 etc etc....

Dude relax, I was joking :lol

DCharlie said:

i know it's strange for people to believe, but i'm dying to get my hands on a PSP.

It will do sony no good if people start buying this as a cheat media plater, we need GAMES PURCHASES! ;)

um....

Come on you don't think it's really gonna be that bad do you? People had the same complaints/worries about the PS2 launch because there was so many reports that people were just buying it for the DVD player. Now look at how it's turned out.

Brofist

It will suck if I can't pull one launch day, but in all fairness anyone who went through the trouble to preorder it online in the 10 minute window it will be available, or hauls their ass down to Yodobashi at 7 AM deserves one for whatever reason I suppose.

Brofist

seismologist said:
PSP is probably very limited quantities. I dont think Sony was ready to launch this early.

I don't think any amount they could have come up with could be qualified as ready, seeing what the demand will be.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DCharlie said:
*sticks tongue out*
Hmm, maybe I can make you more bitter!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

I know battery life stats and you don't! :)
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Edit: Stupid Img tags :p

M3wThr33

Banned
No, D is right. With so many people misinformed about the PSP, you have to wonder if it was Sony's marketing that intended for it to happen. I literally have to correct people everyday about it and I have no interest in it. (I did until I saw that nasty version of Ape Escape with no dual analog)

Mrbob

Doom_Bringer said:
DCharlie =

Lauch day of PSP = "OMG I JUST GOT PSP, RIDGE RACER ROXX OMG KTHXBYE"

Several days later = "OH FUCK PSP BROKE, FUCK SONY AND PSP, PSP IS DOOM3D"

:lol

Well it is somewhat true. He always seems to want to get that new piece of Sony kit and then complains about it a few days later. Remember the PSX??? :lol

Anyway, grabbing the casuals for the PSP it looks like Sony has already accomplished their mission.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
DCharlie said:

It will do good if both gamers and non-gamers buy the PSP: it is a good chance to expand the hand-held video-game market.

um....

Hehe, how is it coming ?

I hope you are proceeding with a little bit less pain and suffering compared to me and PlayStation 2 :D.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Fafalada said:
*sticks tongue out*
Hmm, maybe I can make you more bitter!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

I know battery life stats and you don't! :)
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

Edit: Stupid Img tags :p

We shall find you Fafalada and no Mumuu will eb able to protect you muahahahhahahah :p.

Brofist

Anyone of the JPN residents here who have already preordered let me know where. Either online retail, or store front..either or. Places that are preordering actual numbers that they will receive, not a place that is taking 7 million orders for their first shipment of 4 units.

what is the position of import stores like Lik-Sang and Play-asia in "pre-order food chain"? How likely is to get PSP from Play-asia shortly after launch if I place my pre-order there?

Brofist

Project Midway said:
what is the position of import stores like Lik-Sang and Play-asia in "pre-order food chain"? How likely is to get PSP from Play-asia shortly after launch if I place my pre-order there?

I see 2 people getting them and a backorder notice in a lot of people's future. That's why I'll take my chances at 7 am at Yodobashi Camera.

Troidal

Hrm, looks like Rakuten's e-digi will start pre-orders shortly. Subscribe to newsletter for details. Oh boy...

And while I'm at it, some new cover arts...

img10071061874.gif

img10071051458.jpeg

img10071051477.jpeg

img10071061878.gif

img10071061870.gif

Renegade

Banned
PSPs are region free, right?

And is the menu in english, or at least have icons which I can identify with?

I think I just found my Christmas present.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Troidal said:
And while I'm at it, some new cover arts...

Has anyone seen the Lumines cover in a larger res than Play-Asia's? It's gorgeous, although from a distance it looks like it should be a Treasure shooter.

Top Bottom