• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

RockmanBN

Ah gotcha, yeah the recolors keep catching me off guard. Another thing catching me out is all these trap bosses scattered around the Volcano and desert over that side. I've started saving my game a lot more XD

What's the next step in advancing my digimon btw? Like some of these stat requirements are huge...Do I just need to keep playing until I unlock the locations that have the mats or will I need to rely on chips to push them that high?

If you can reach Absolute Zero. Go recruit Ikakumon to get Seraphimon. If you have money and can afford Seraphimon's food, then the traditional gym becomes less viable.

Training becomes less grindy if you change the difficulty to easy. Some Digimon are near impossible to get unless you grind the most efficient training methods. Difficulty only affects stats gained and money gained from battle. Enemy difficulty remains the same.

Opa-Pa

Wow thanks for the Ikakumon tip. I'm basically at the end of the game and only now I found Absolute Zero. I was thinking of leaving this quest for later but I clearly should make it a priority lol.

Okay, this was ignored month ago but now I gotta remind this:

https://youtu.be/V6QG6Zm2z_4?t=87

This japanese trailer shows in egg selection screen two unused eggs between Keramon's black and white egg and Agumon's yellow egg. They are not DLC eggs, since those are just normal eggs wih DLC on top of them. So are they planning on more eggs in updates?

Its possible since Boltboutamon was "leaked" when early video showd 232 Digimon while launch had 231.

Opa-Pa

Huh, that's weird. Is the DLC we're getting (well, Europe at least) brand new, or was it avaible on the original release too? I imagine if it's the former then there's potential for more unannounced DLC including those eggs.

I think we're going to have another week where NA still doesnt get the dlc. Who's the person we tweet to to get it fixed?

Jesus, dealing with NamDai's incompetence gets so tiring. Will we ever have a western release for a Digimon game without issues? I'm worried that I'll be completely done with the game by the time we get the DLC...

RockmanBN

Huh, that's weird. Is the DLC we're getting (well, Europe at least) brand new, or was it avaible on the original release too? I imagine if it's the former then there's potential for more unannounced DLC including those eggs.

Jesus, dealing with NamDai's incompetence gets so tiring. Will we ever have a western release for a Digimon game without issues? I'm worried that I'll be completely done with the game by the time we get the DLC...

Can't even do the DLC missions until you finish all the post game missions. Though I'm only on a slow grind to get all buildings upgraded for now.

Opa-Pa

Oh, I didn't know that but I meant being done with playing the game in general. I ran out of digimon to recruit so as soon as I get my current rookies to mega I'll tackle the final dungeon.

I'm just mad because starting from next week I'll start to travel a lot due to work and I really wanted some time to enjoy the DLC :/

MongKey

Oh, I didn't know that but I meant being done with playing the game in general. I ran out of digimon to recruit so as soon as I get my current rookies to mega I'll tackle the final dungeon.

I'm just mad because starting from next week I'll start to travel a lot due to work and I really wanted some time to enjoy the DLC :/
Have you recruited PlatinumNumemon?

It can be recruited before the final dungeon but the requirements to complete it is pretty obsecure and easily missable. He is also a required recruit for one of the EX quests.

All but BoltBoutamon EX scenariors were DLC for Vita version I think. So that means Rina, Meicoomon, Meicrackmon, Toilet Quest, Return of Gods and I think bonus battles with Shoma and Mameo are already ingame. Thats all from Vita version I think? As well as DLC eggs that unlock after final boss.

Its kinda messy, EX scenarios have requirements but I dont think other quests are related. I had Meicoomon and Rina quest at the same time. Toilet Quest requires Numemon, Sukamon and Platinumnumemon. Heck, I unlocked Toilet Quest way before 200 prosperity points. You do need to be in Chapter 5 aka postgame chapter.

Opa-Pa

All that DLC being old would normally make me lose hope, but I dunno, stranger things have happened. I remember being confused when NamDai added like 5 brand new megas to Cyber Sleuth for free out of nowhere.

Have you recruited PlatinumNumemon?

It can be recruited before the final dungeon but the requirements to complete it is pretty obsecure and easily missable. He is also a required recruit for one of the EX quests.

Oh well, I had forgotten about him! Does he require you to have a lot of money at the time you talk to him? I guess it's convenient he's at Bony Resort.

Him aside, I think the only other digimon I technically can recruit before episode 5 is MirageGaogamon, but he requires a fully upgraded colloseum, right? Yeah not bothering with that.

MongKey

Oh well, I had forgotten about him! Does he require you to have a lot of money at the time you talk to him? I guess it's convenient he's at Bony Resort.

Him aside, I think the only other digimon I technically can recruit before episode 5 is MirageGaogamon, but he requires a fully upgraded colloseum, right? Yeah not bothering with that.
IIRC you just need to have accumulated a total of 1 million bits. You don't necessarily need to have 1 million bits on hand. He'll give you the quest afterwards to find an item.

You need to go talk to
MetalSeadramon
in Mod Ship 2 but he'll only appear if you have a DigiSalmon in your inventory. They can be caught at the fishing spot in Mod Ship 1 if you don't have any in storage. Took me awhile to search and figure that out. Save before talking to him though.

And yes. MirageGaogamon needs a fully upgraded Colosseum and talked to at night to trigger his recruitment.

If you can reach Absolute Zero. Go recruit Ikakumon to get Seraphimon. If you have money and can afford Seraphimon's food, then the traditional gym becomes less viable.

Training becomes less grindy if you change the difficulty to easy. Some Digimon are near impossible to get unless you grind the most efficient training methods. Difficulty only affects stats gained and money gained from battle. Enemy difficulty remains the same.

Finally got around to recruiting him last night. Is it the food that provides stat boost across the board? Doesn't seem too pricey if that's the case.

Edit: also if anyone can tell me how to get red digizoit would be awesome. The locations at the volcano haven't given me even one in the last 3 days.

RockmanBN

Finally got around to recruiting him last night. Is it the food that provides stat boost across the board? Doesn't seem too pricey if that's the case.

Edit: also if anyone can tell me how to get red digizoit would be awesome. The locations at the volcano haven't given me even one in the last 3 days.

The area with Doumon past the Garbage Pile has rare chance to get it. For basically all Digizoit, the best location would be the daily dungeons post game.

The area with Doumon past the Garbage Pile has rare chance to get it. For basically all Digizoit, the best location would be the daily dungeons post game.

Damn, that Digizoit is kind of a freaking pain then. I got the Black Digizoit in 2 runs and Blue in 3 but the Red has such a low drop rate by comparison. I've got all the rest of the mats and I think I only just finished Chapter 3 so it would suck to have to wait until the end for it. I guess I'll keep paying the digimon to do a metal hunt since he can occasionally get 3 at a time.

Lagamorph

Beat the final boss of Chapter 4 at last. Got my butt kicked the first time, and I'd already used my ExE evolution for the day, and also had a death evolution. When I got back to town I bought some Utility Booster X and went back the next day, used the boosters and more or less walked it, didn't even need an ExE.

So my 10th generation Digimon after 52 hours of gameplay, with a prosperity of 125,

jmb8FGf.jpg

tIPEJrn.jpg

Looks like there's a ton of post-game stuff to be getting on with though.

I did switch to Easy mode around my 6th or 7th gen, but I don't regret it at all.

Opa-Pa

Next order dlc is up in US as well. Other than the dlc and the digivolution guide is there anything needed to be added to the OP?

This might be of interest too:

By the way, I don't think I saw this referenced in the thread, you can get the DW1+DW:NO soundtracks as audio files on PC for free by registering in the european Namco Bandai site and redeeming it as a free prize on its VIP corner https://www.bandainamcoent.es/vipcorner/get/slug/digimon-world-next-order-banda-sonora-original

Thanks for the heads-up by the way!

Qwark

So what is the difference in Seadramon's ponds? Just different fish available? Or better odds of catching? They all seem the same to me so far.

How much STA and STR would people suggest for the last boss? Mine were schooled at 5k but they were both Holy. Their kind of old now at 19 and 22 so instead of levelling them I've farmed cash ready to raise some new ones purely on restaurant food. I figure I can make some real monsters that way, but what ball park should I be aiming for to beat that boss and be nicely prepped for the post game?

Thanks, I reckon my next pair will probably be able to hit 8k without too much trouble so I think I'll just go that route. I was having bad luck exe refusing to trigger on death and couldn't survive long enough to trigger a manual one annoyingly. The 1.5x damage he was dealing was a bit too much for them.

Lagamorph

Aw man, my Omegamon and MetalGarurumon can't EXE Digivolve at all. Bonds and friendship are all at 100, but with 150 OP the EXE option is blocked.
Is it because they're the DLC voiced ones? Or can DNA digivolved Megas just not EXE in general?

Aw man, my Omegamon and MetalGarurumon can't EXE Digivolve at all. Bonds and friendship are all at 100, but with 150 OP the EXE option is blocked.
Is it because they're the DLC voiced ones? Or can DNA digivolved Megas just not EXE in general?

Omegamon is higher level Mega/yellow letter Mega/Ultra. They cant ExE at all. Basically any ExE cmbination that you get as normal partner evolution cant ExE anymore.

ExE becomes less and less effective the closer you get to max stats, eventually it is preferable to not use it. Basically, you'll be better off with two digimon with 70k HP and 9k+ STR/STA than just one with 99k HP, which is the max for health.

LycanXIII

I wish exchanging materials was easier/faster. Either automatically exchange from what you need, or at least have the cursor stay on what you just switched instead of resetting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It just hit me how many raisable Digimon from Digimon World 1 were dumped off for this game...Betamon, Elecmon, Kunemon, Penmon, Airdramon, Bakemon, Centaurmon, Cockatrimon, Coelamon, Drimogemon, Frigimon, Ninjamon, Monochromon, Shellmon, Unimon, Whamon, Andromon, Digitamamon, Giromon, and Vademon. All gone.

Call me a "purist", but I wish the effort was taken to include them as opposed to shoving in all those super-powered Mega Digimon I don't particularly care for. I also wish getting Ultimate and Mega Digimon wasn't so easy, and you spent more time with Champions like in World 1 which tend to have the best designs.

And with Goblimon and Hagurumon getting promoted to playable from World 1, I really wish they'd do that for more classic World 1 villain-only Digimon (recolors excluded) like Otamamon, Gekomon, Flarizamon, Yanmamon, Tankmon, Brachimon, Cherrymon, and ShogunGekomon.

RockmanBN

It just hit me how many raisable Digimon from Digimon World 1 were dumped off for this game...Betamon, Elecmon, Kunemon, Penmon, Airdramon, Bakemon, Centaurmon, Cockatrimon, Coelamon, Drimogemon, Frigimon, Ninjamon, Monochromon, Shellmon, Unimon, Whamon, Andromon, Digitamamon, Giromon, and Vademon. All gone.

Call me a "purist", but I wish the effort was taken to include them as opposed to shoving in all those super-powered Mega Digimon I don't particularly care for. I also wish getting Ultimate and Mega Digimon wasn't so easy, and you spent more time with Champions like in World 1 which tend to have the best designs.

And with Goblimon and Hagurumon getting promoted to playable from World 1, I really wish they'd do that for more classic World 1 villain-only Digimon (recolors excluded) like Otamamon, Gekomon, Flarizamon, Yanmamon, Tankmon, Brachimon, Cherrymon, and ShogunGekomon.

That's my biggest problem with the game. I enjoy the lesser Digimon as well and it sucks that you don't get to see most of them. Most of the ones in this game were safe choices and were pulled from Cyber Sleuth. I get that making animations for every Digimon is a lot of work. I just hoped for a little more variety.

The balance in power in the game also felt particularly bad. You can get your first pair of Mega's and then lose a rookie/champion later in the game. Getting the higher tier forms should have been designed in a way where it should have been possible to get in end game, not early. I remember playing the original and having to go through many rookies before getting my first champion and same goes for Ultimate.

Getting the higher tier forms should have been designed in a way where it should have been possible to get in end game, not early.
To be fair, there are definitely tiers within the normal rookie/champion/ultimate/mega structure. Rather than keeping all the megas off limits until late game, they made it so only certain digimon were obtainable in early game vs. late game. The difference between getting MirageGaogamon (I swear it feels like was like 90% of players first mega based on LPs) and UlforceVeedramon is a huge. While ultimately a digimon is only as good as its stats, to unlock certain digimon evolution paths requires a lot more time, patience and multiple generations.

I think they took the path they did to keep things fresh. I felt like I was just strong enough to get a new pair of megas every cycle and it made my first 5 or 6 generations feel novel and unique.

The last boss is just insane. I couldn't do much to him with my last pair at 5k STA and STR, so I raised a new pair at 9k and 8k but I still can't even put a dent into him. Then to top it off he can melt my 45k hp in about 30 seconds. I don't get how strong I'm supposed to be to beat this thing. I beat
WarGreymon and his buddy
on the way as well as
Pheonixmon
but this guy is on a different level.

RockmanBN

The last boss is just insane. I couldn't do much to him with my last pair at 5k STA and STR, so I raised a new pair at 9k and 8k but I still can't even put a dent into him. Then to top it off he can melt my 45k hp in about 30 seconds. I don't get how strong I'm supposed to be to beat this thing. I beat
WarGreymon and his buddy
on the way as well as
Pheonixmon
but this guy is on a different level.

Throwing Utility X's? They give massive boost in stats during battle. Also are you blocking the attacks properly?

Throwing Utility X's? They give massive boost in stats during battle. Also are you blocking the attacks properly?

I honestly cannot work out the blocking. The blocking lasts so long I'm often facing a second attack by the time they're done. Ended up beating him though by boosting stats for another day. Then I found out Jijimon lied and there's another chapter. Hopefully I can power straight through it since Horizon is unlocking at the end of the night and this will be on hold.

I just got enough items to level the item shop again so I guess I'll buy some of those utility X items before trying the last chapter.

I honestly cannot work out the blocking. The blocking lasts so long I'm often facing a second attack by the time they're done. Ended up beating him though by boosting stats for another day. Then I found out Jijimon lied and there's another chapter. Hopefully I can power straight through it since Horizon is unlocking at the end of the night and this will be on hold.

I just got enough items to level the item shop again so I guess I'll buy some of those utility X items before trying the last chapter.

What you want to be doing is to keep a lookout for the windup animation for his finisher and immediately use the block command for his current target if you spot it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, the game has a lot of helpful tools to make battles go your way but most people will find it easier to just overwhelm the opponent with higher stats + ExE right up till the end, where you have to play a tad more intelligently...I skipped over all the extra battle-based skills though in favor of the out-of-battle stuff.

But seriously, don't sleep on those Buff Items. They make a world of difference.

Also fishing. I ignored it till now but put some points in the fishing skills and damn, you can make some good buck with it. Fished up 20,000 worth of fish in less than a minute. Now of course the post-game dungeons give great money too, but if you're early into the game invest in the fishing+ skills and spend some time with it.

Last area in the game. Same dungeo. Where you fought the final boss.

Oh ok. Figured it would have had the yellow mission objective marker there. So hopefully that actually was the last boss then and whatever comes next isn't going to ramp it up even further. That thing was a monster.

Edit: well whatever that thing was got mashed. Turns out these digimon CAN exe. Kinda disappointing post game dungeon though. I expected it to be bigger.

Oh ok. Figured it would have had the yellow mission objective marker there. So hopefully that actually was the last boss then and whatever comes next isn't going to ramp it up even further. That thing was a monster.

Edit: well whatever that thing was got mashed. Turns out these digimon CAN exe. Kinda disappointing post game dungeon though. I expected it to be bigger.

It's the low-mid budget vita curse , hopefully the next world game is straight to ps4. I'd like the combat to be more active.

It's the low-mid budget vita curse , hopefully the next world game is straight to ps4. I'd like the combat to be more active.

There a few other missteps along the way too IMO. Either not enough, or just no time and day sensitive digimon to recruit made the game feel pretty trivial after a while. One of the things I really like about the original was stuff like Vademon and Veggiemon. The closest I saw was the quest to get moss before noon. I got it after noon and it was still fine apparently.

Croc

Banned
Is Key Digimon an absolute requirement for those Digimon or is it just another added Key Point I can use that's optional?

There a few other missteps along the way too IMO. Either not enough, or just no time and day sensitive digimon to recruit made the game feel pretty trivial after a while. One of the things I really like about the original was stuff like Vademon and Veggiemon. The closest I saw was the quest to get moss before noon. I got it after noon and it was still fine apparently.

Oh yeah definitely, the game hugely lacks imagination in my opinion. The first game, they basically had nothing to go off other than the material in the v-pet , no anime etc. Other than the sega saturn game, which was an advanced v-pet. This basically forced them to do their own thing rather than copy something similar. Although , this isn't exclusive to this game, many games these days don't do enough to make themselves different. Most of the stuff in this game lacks somewhere, the battle system was just something that was slow because it was coded for the vita's lack of processing power and memory. Fishing is at the top of the list, they did basically the bare minimum, it would have been better if they just made it a gathering spot, it would have actually been better rather than staring at the screen for a ! to pop up, fishing was one of the funnest systems in the original game for me. The environments other than bony resort & ohguino(although it's very uninspired) are all very basic as well , which isn't just the lack of details/graphics but also the story & Digimon inhabiting it - the one line of text when bumping into a digimon you got in the first game was at least something.

Opa-Pa

Finally done with this! Took me 59 hours on Normal, I finished some post-game side quests too and ended with 134 prosperity and Tamer level 43.

It took me 7 digimon generations too, that was a lot of fun! I ended up with these tough guys:

Seraphimon's food does wonders, I'm telling ya:

Overall I thought it was a pretty damn good game. My expectations weren't too high since ReDigitize was good, but kinda eh. This blew me away though. Sure you can tell at times that it was a Vita game, but the remaster work is pretty impressive, and the amount of quality of life improvements and refinements to the original's gameplay make it a pretty welcoming and super fun entry... I really hope this isn't the last World game, it's one of my favorite series ever.

The story was eh, but not too bad, I guess? I sincerely think they should drop human friends altogether because Kouta and Nokia2 were barely more tolerable than the guys in ReDigitize. Mameo was awesome tho (and I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get to
see his digimon... An overpowered blue MetalGreymon or MetalMamemon would have been cool
) , and I loved all the nods to DW1. Hearing bits of the
Last Room music from DW1
in the final boss battles was a neat surprise.

My digimon were so strong that I even got to beat Blackie and Blackosaurus without ExE this time, that felt good! The last two story battles forced me to ExE tho, especially the final boss, that was the first time an enemy matched my ExE Digimon's power.

I'm not sure when (or if?) I'll tackle the rest of the content I'm missing. I did all the Diaboromon stuff and the rest is recruiting extra digimon... Is the Colliseum good? I remember completing it in ReDigitize.

The story was eh, but not too bad, I guess? I sincerely think they should drop human friends altogether because Kouta and Nokia2 were barely more tolerable than the guys in ReDigitize. Mameo was awesome tho (and I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get to
see his digimon... An overpowered blue MetalGreymon or MetalMamemon would have been cool
) , and I loved all the nods to DW1. Hearing bits of the
Last Room music from DW1
in the final boss battles was a neat surprise.

My digimon were so strong that I even got to beat Blackie and Blackosaurus without ExE this time, that felt good! The last two story battles forced me to ExE tho, especially the final boss, that was the first time an enemy matched my ExE Digimon's power.

I'm not sure when (or if?) I'll tackle the rest of the content I'm missing. I did all the Diaboromon stuff and the rest is recruiting extra digimon... Is the Colliseum good? I remember completing it in ReDigitize.

There is Mameo fight that is EX Scenario in postgame. I wont spoil his partners tho.

Colliseum is decent for challenge, althought some of the best things are references to other games, anime and even better yet DW1 fights.

Top Bottom