• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

Wellp, just beat final boss. I was so horribly under leveled lol. Partners had 25k HP-MP, 2.5k on other stats, except Stamina and Strenght was 4k. Thanks to magic of Plugins and daily doses of ExE it went surprisingly well. Final boss was finisher spammer tho, which was kinda hilarious.

Also got Omegamon Zwart vs Omegamon Alter-B. Pretty cool match up.

The story was also better than I imagined it would. I guess a lot of people were over negative again.

Lagamorph

Are battles and returning materials the only ways to earn Tamer exp? Or do you get it for returning Digimon to the city as well?

Also, in the field guide there's a baby level Digimon between Conomon and Pichimon, but I've been through every egg and can't see what I'm missing. Is there something special you do to get that Baby? Or am I just being blind?

One other question. I have a MachGaogamon who meets the conditions to Digivolve to MirageGaogamon (He hits every key point except Victories, but still has 8 other Key Points and the requirement is 7) but he hasn't Digivolved yet. Is there an age requirement for Digivolving from Ultimate to Mega? He's currently 8 days old.

Kouriozan

And it is done! 88 hours of goodness.

syGhSAp.jpg

I signed that petition back then to bring Digimon games back, and Platinum-ed both released so far! https://psnprofiles.com/Kouriozan/cabinet

I still plan to finish the field guide at 100%

RockmanBN

Aye. At 198 prosperity now. Sadly had to kill off one of my Digimon to raise a Bancholeomon for the last recruit. Anyway to skip the hassle and obtain a Bancholeomon stone?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gatomon evolved into Angewomon and Leomon into Grapleomon...

I wanted to go with Crusadermon and Dynasmon to recreate Frontier, so blocked all the other evolutions but them---Dynasmon worked out, but Angewomon turned into Magnadramon.

I knew I met Dynasmon's requirements for Key Pts., but I wasn't sure I had met Crusadermon's as I couldn't view that req.---I've heard someone else mention blocking didn't work for them. I wonder if you reach a certain age where your Digimon should have evolved and haven't met any unblocked evolution, they'll evolve into one that's blocked but meets requirements.

Are battles and returning materials the only ways to earn Tamer exp? Or do you get it for returning Digimon to the city as well?

You get it for walking around and training, though I'm not sure how it's calculated. One of the Tamer Skills that gives you "boosts" when you get Bonds, Discipline, etc. I'm pretty sure also increases EXP. when those happen but it's worded oddly.

Off-topic: I picked up Digimon World Championship for the DS. What is this game like exactly? It's more of a simulation game (like that old WonderSwan D-Project game) right?

Just a few DigiDiamonds away from finishing off all of my buildings.

I really wish we would have got Beelzemon Blast Mode in this. He was one of my favorites in Cyber Sleuth and we could have had a combo with Gallantmon CM which would have been amazing.

Watch Da Birdie

Just a few DigiDiamonds away from finishing off all of my buildings.

I really wish would have got Beelzemon Blast Mode in this. He was one of my favorites in Cyber Sleuth and we could have had a combo with Gallantmon CM which would have been amazing.

You know is Impmon in this game? I realize he wasn't in the "Biggest Dreamer" match.

TEJ

How do I get a gatomon/tailmon and leomon? Can't seem to find that info on the web or here. I read the op...maybe not well enough?

Croc

Banned
How do I get a gatomon/tailmon and leomon? Can't seem to find that info on the web or here. I read the op...maybe not well enough?

I'm having trouble figuring out Leomon too. I've explored what I thought was all of the Rose Palace which is what he said but everything's blocked or no Digimon are ready to talk to me yet.

RockmanBN

I'm having trouble figuring out Leomon too. I've explored what I thought was all of the Rose Palace which is what he said but everything's blocked or no Digimon are ready to talk to me yet.

Have you receuited all the Meat Digimon like Goblimon, Gaomon, Tyranomon, Garurumon, etc?

RockmanBN

Uh Gaomon and Goblimon yes, but I still haven't gotten any best meat for Tyrannomon and I don't have a quest for Garurumon yet.

Don't remember if Garurumon is required but all the ones thst require meat are needed to advance the Leomon sidequest.

So I ended up with a Xros Wars Digimon called Arresterdramon and even though he's only at Champion strength level, he doesn't seem to digivolve further? How screwed am I?

RockmanBN

So I ended up with a Xros Wars Digimon called Arresterdramon and even though he's only at Champion strength level, he doesn't seem to digivolve further? How screwed am I?

Also happens with Shoutmons which can be a Mega as well. Just use any ulitimate digivolution core and he will digivolve.

Watch Da Birdie

Botamon only tells me about one recruit, Darkdramon (easiest way to get him is to get a Bancholeomon, which I almost got this cycle but went with Dynasmon so I know the reqs.) so I guess I'm ready to tackle the final plot boss.

What should my stats be like? I've got about 30K in HP/MP, and 6K in Str/Sta. Probably should go pick up some good healing items.

Don't remember if Garurumon is required but all the ones thst require meat are needed to advance the Leomon sidequest.

You get Garurumon by talking to Wizardmon at the top of Bony Resort.

By the way for those of you heading to the Meat vs. Veggie sidequest recruit Veggiemon on the right side of Rosemon's Courtyard, he can find meat for you everyday and that's the quickest way I got the meat needed for Tyranno/Gobli/Gao.

Afrocious

Not gonna read too much of the thread because spoilers, but how does this game compare to the first Digimon World game on the PS1?

It looks like it plays similarly. Is it as difficult?

Opa-Pa

Not gonna read too much of the thread because spoilers, but how does this game compare to the first Digimon World game on the PS1?

It looks like it plays similarly. Is it as difficult?

It's basically the same system, except with many refinements, quality of life adjustments, and an easy mode that's more forgiving with stat requirements. Normal mode is sort of harder than DW1, I'd say.

It's also a sequel to DW1, so there's A LOT of fanservice.

Croc

Banned
What are requirements to be able to ExE? I used to be able to do it in a previous life with my mons but they can't this time.

sensui-tomo

What are requirements to be able to ExE? I used to be able to do it in a previous life with my mons but they can't this time.

mega+mega and mega + ultimate. Ultra cant do it (aka something that evolves after a mega) and i assume unique choices are a possibility but i havent tested them, lady devimon + angewoman and ex-veemon +Stingmon ( again havent tested)

Oh right, you also need to have max bond with digimon and digimon with each other.

I think Im dropping out after 48 hours, its been fun, and I think its an alright game, but other games call my interest more and I feel that after that many hours of repeating the same cycle I already know everything I needed to know.

Croc

Banned
mega+mega and mega + ultimate. Ultra cant do it (aka something that evolves after a mega) and i assume unique choices are a possibility but i havent tested them, lady devimon + angewoman and ex-veemon +Stingmon ( again havent tested)

Hmm, I have a Piedmon and a ChaosGallantmon but they can't ExE for whatever reason.

edit: wait, I've never been able to choose to ExE evolve them before but now they just suddenly did when I died during a battle, into Belphemon?

Ok, fuck these trophies. The collectable cards and 200 digimon are just too much for me to handle.

65 hours. I think I'm done with this game for a while. Good followup to Digimon World 1, would recommend to digimon fans. I'd recommend Cyber Sleuth to non-fans over this. The grind would have been unbearable if I wasn't a huge fan of the series.

sensui-tomo

So what/where are the Agumon & Gabumon talking Digieggs? I downloaded the DLC but no clue what it actually does.

from gamefaqs so until someone corrects the statement "You need to complete the main story to get the eggs to activate, and you need to have finished all the previous EX missions to get the new one to activate."

So what/where are the Agumon & Gabumon talking Digieggs? I downloaded the DLC but no clue what it actually does.

from gamefaqs so until someone corrects the statement "You need to complete the main story to get the eggs to activate, and you need to have finished all the previous EX missions to get the new one to activate."

Yup, eggs are unlocked as soon as you finish the game, a message pops up confirming it.

Lagamorph

Yup, eggs are unlocked as soon as you finish the game, a message pops up confirming it.

Cheers guys.
I'll need to get on with Rina's EX stuff....done the first two but now she wants items that I think I've only ever encountered one of so far. I'm guessing I just need to keep progressing and fighting stronger Digimon/upgrading the item shop.

RockmanBN

Ugh lost 5 hours of progress for not saving. Guess I'll get the Platinum some other time. Feels like I completed the game for getting all 200 prosperity.

Qwark

I think my biggest annoyance with the game so far is that when you get a big monster, their ass is just always in your face. The camera gets frustratingly hard to control with large monsters.

Lagamorph

Ok, how am I supposed to reliably unlock Digivolution info? I'm on my 7th Generation Digimon and from Baby to Ultimate not once, in all the training, have I got a "They are satisfied with their training" so I can praise them.

Not only does this mean I'm getting no info for Digivolving, but it means I can't raise their friend level either.
One of them I've blindly managed to get Fix showing for Digivolving to Mega in the dojo, but the other is just M, L and M, and I have no idea what stats I need to focus on.

I've got Antylamon in the Dojo, but he wants Digivolution items for info, and I have a very very limited supply of those that I'd rather not use as currency. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least gave all the info for one of the potential Digivolutions, not a single stat.
It's also annoying that even when you Digivolve into a Digimon, you don't unlock the remaining unknown stats for it, so next time you have no idea what you had raised to get it.

I think my biggest annoyance with the game so far is that when you get a big monster, their ass is just always in your face. The camera gets frustratingly hard to control with large monsters.

Are you zooming the camera out? I find that the larger Digimon aren't a problem with the camera zoomed out.

RockmanBN

Still hard to see when you have two giant Digimon like Vikemon and Examon both following. They block your character from behind most of the time.

Ok, how am I supposed to reliably unlock Digivolution info? I'm on my 7th Generation Digimon and from Baby to Ultimate not once, in all the training, have I got a "They are satisfied with their training" so I can praise them.

Not only does this mean I'm getting no info for Digivolving, but it means I can't raise their friend level either.
One of them I've blindly managed to get Fix showing for Digivolving to Mega in the dojo, but the other is just M, L and M, and I have no idea what stats I need to focus on.

I've got Antylamon in the Dojo, but he wants Digivolution items for info, and I have a very very limited supply of those that I'd rather not use as currency. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least gave all the info for one of the potential Digivolutions, not a single stat.
It's also annoying that even when you Digivolve into a Digimon, you don't unlock the remaining unknown stats for it, so next time you have no idea what you had raised to get it.

Do you have access to Bancholeomon's evo item shop? You could buy a stack of evo items from him. You could also save scum using a single stack of 10/20 and write the requiremtens down(or use the spreadsheet).

Qwark

Are you zooming the camera out? I find that the larger Digimon aren't a problem with the camera zoomed out.

That's just right stick, right? Yeah, I've pulled it back as far as I can.

Still hard to see when you have two giant Digimon like Vikemon and Examon both following. They block your character from behind most of the time.

Vikemon is the one that I have right now. It's so frustrating trying to navigate small environments and you accidentally run into a trash mob you were trying to avoid. Some transparency options would've gone a long way to avoid this.

That's just right stick, right? Yeah, I've pulled it back as far as I can.

Vikemon is the one that I have right now. It's so frustrating trying to navigate small environments and you accidentally run into a trash mob you were trying to avoid. Some transparency options would've gone a long way to avoid this.

Actually there is Zoom option with R1-L1 outside Floatia. Try that?

Thats like 2nd biggest thing people miss on this game. The biggest is apparently people not knowing left side of training hall has toilet.

Qwark

Actually there is Zoom option with R1-L1 outside Floatia. Try that?

Thats like 2nd biggest thing people miss on this game. The biggest is apparently people not knowing left side of training hall has toilet.

I will try that when I play again, would make navigating a lot easier. Thank goodness I knew about the training bathroom.

Top Bottom