• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

So basically just get every requirement and it'll unlock?

Not always every requirement (I didn't reach Vikemon's STA requirement and I still got him), but yeah, get enough and it should "light up".

So what does it mean if two or more are at fix?

Fix just means you have met the Key Points for that evolution. I don't understand which evolution takes priority though. I assumed it went from top-down as well.

Not always every requirement (I didn't reach Vikemon's STA requirement and I still got him), but yeah, get enough and it should "light up".

Fix just means you have met the Key Points for that evolution. I don't understand which evolution takes priority though. I assumed it went from top-down as well.

I need 8 stats for Diaboromon not counting Key Points and the Key Points requirement is 8 so I'm assuming I need them all.

I need 8 stats for Diaboromon not counting Key Points and the Key Points requirement is 8 so I'm assuming I need them all.

Yeah, that's right. Diaboromon is a tougher one to get. Vikemon only had 7 Key Points, so I could afford to miss a requirement (It helped I had Zudomon, who was the Key Digimon).

So what does it mean if two or more are at fix?

it means you've met the requirements for both

as for choosing, i'm pretty sure the game looks at the stats of your digimon and chooses what to evolve into based on which stats are the highest

Finally got my copy of Next Order and while I haven't had a lot of time with it, I can say I'm pretty pleased with it. Is a worthy successor to the original DW, ironing out some of its kinks and adding some pretty new elements that enrich the entire experience.

Having two Digimons is really fun, but my favorite part of it is the fact they really sell you the impression they are actual, living animals. They will let you know when there are items and/or important things on the field, they interact with each other and all the animations really gives them a lot of personality.

Being someone whose favorite Digimon are from the anime and who loves the RK as whole, I have no issues with the smaller roster. CS was cool looking but was pretty much a Megaten re skin whereas Next Order is pure and unadulterated Digimon.

I can tell a lot of care went into tying this game with the original DW, from the remixes of the classic songs to the atmosphere of Floatia, everything is an awesome callback to those hours I spend with my PSX and my trusty Digimon so many years ago.

Oh and Mameo is fucking awesome

ZSuctus.jpg

XXNXsWr.png

qTvc2mX.jpg

eG2RMuQ.jpg

KLHfvbP.jpg

wz2EgXK.jpg

Got my Diaboromon finally. Went and got I think the last of the Royal Knights I had left. It's annoying how even with a max item shop the biggest mp disk you can buy is 5k.

MongKey

Made a new discovery for meal effects in the restaurant. The meals that are labeled with Life up actually increases the Digimon's life span a decent amount. My KaiserGreymon goes from less than a day to die when I checked at 2pm, into less than two day to die after being fed those meal 5 times over the course of the day (at 6pm and 10pm). If fed continously during all of their meal times then you could potentially have Digimons that never die though I don't know if that's possible or the game will let you.

I used the 5k meal sold by Seraphimon; he also have a 30k meal with the same effect plus a bunch of stats increases. Renamon also sell these Life up meal for 8k which increases some stats as well. You might have to upgrade the restaurant to access Renamon's meal.

How close your Digimons are to death can be checked by talking to
MagnaAngemon
which is a late game recruit.

Finally got my copy of Next Order and while I haven't had a lot of time with it, I can say I'm pretty pleased with it. Is a worthy successor to the original DW, ironing out some of its kinks and adding some pretty new elements that enrich the entire experience.

Having two Digimons is really fun, but my favorite part of it is the fact they really sell you the impression they are actual, living animals. They will let you know when there are items and/or important things on the field, they interact with each other and all the animations really gives them a lot of personality.

Being someone whose favorite Digimon are from the anime and who loves the RK as whole, I have no issues with the smaller roster. CS was cool looking but was pretty much a Megaten re skin whereas Next Order is pure and unadulterated Digimon.

I can tell a lot of care went into tying this game with the original DW, from the remixes of the classic songs to the atmosphere of Floatia, everything is an awesome callback to those hours I spend with my PSX and my trusty Digimon so many years ago.

Oh and Mameo is fucking awesome

that is your artwork?

Kouriozan

Phew, his requirements were crazy but look who just Digivolved!

eu6YC0vl.jpg

I feel like I'm close to the platinum but getting all the cards will be the most time consuming one.

Edit : and he can DNA digivolve to Belphemon RM but I already got it once.
Since my objective is getting 200 different digimons, I used an item to digivolve him to Omegamon Alter-B, take that Noir!

I wish. Is only fanart I've picked here and there while looking for N0 info. Well, aside of the Omegamon vs Alter-D piece, that one is the key art for the International Version in Japan.

word. man that blue metalgreymon bringing back dmw1 memories even though i only played the game fucking once.

i made a thread about a hypothetical sequel to playstation allstars battle royale and stated how they HAVE to include metalgreymon.

Phew, his requirements were crazy but look who just Digivolved!

eu6YC0vl.jpg

I feel like I'm close to the platinum but getting all the cards will be the most time consuming one.

Edit : and he can DNA digivolve to Belphemon RM but I already got it once.
Since my objective is getting 200 different digimons, I used an item to digivolve him to Omegamon Alter-B, take that Noir!

Is the only way to get the cards by grinding material spots? Still haven't finished the medal grind on CS T_T

Kouriozan

Is the only way to get the cards by grinding material spots? Still haven't finished the medal grind on CS T_T

Yep and it's going to take ages, if I'm fast I can get 1 per 1/2 mins so it would take 5/10 hours for the remaining 300 cards >.<
I also remember grinding those Gachapon in Cyber Sleuth lol

Edit : WHAT THE F*CK KingSukamon just teleported me and transformed both my Mega2 Digimons into Sukamon, they lost half their stat!
Might be tied to Piedmon, reloaded my save to see.

Yep and it's going to take ages, if I'm fast I can get 1 per 1/2 mins so it would take 5/10 hours for the remaining 300 cards >.<
I also remember grinding those Gachapon in Cyber Sleuth lol

Edit : WHAT THE F*CK KingSukamon just teleported me and transformed both my Mega2 Digimons into Sukamon, they lost half their stat!

Oh, so it does still do that.

Kouriozan

I talked to Piedmon for the "free" 500 lucky coins, he said he inverted my Digimon's discipline and I instantly got teleported to KingSukamon.
Maybe he inverted the curse gauge instead (was at 0), hmm. Didn't happen since I reloaded.

Seriously I have been so slow with this, on gen 9-10 and still not done with Chapter 4. Just curious, what was the hours you had when you beat the game? Currently at 50h mark. Its amazing how fast people have beaten the story.

Lagamorph

I'm at about 23 hours on my 5th gen which have just evolved to Phoenixmon and HerculesKabuterimon, just about to
head after Himari
in Chapter 2.

Opa-Pa

Do you get duplicates when farming cards like with medals in CS? I swear I only have three trophies left to get in CS and they're all medal related >_>

Also are you guys playing on normal too? I'd like to know more or less how long it'll take to complete everything on normal.

I won't be able to play for the rest of the weekend, but I've had so much fun. I'm on my second gen and got my first ultras, MachGaogamon and AeroVeedramon, so cool! Reached the first Machinedramon, but I think I'll mess around a bit before tackling it.

Seriously I have been so slow with this, on gen 9-10 and still not done with Chapter 4. Just curious, what was the hours you had when you beat the game? Currently at 50h mark. Its amazing how fast people have beaten the story.

It took me about 33 hours to beat the game on easy. I was on gen 5 when I beat Chapter 4.

Well Im not too slow I guess, since Ive done a lot of optional stuff before final boss. Heck,still trying to check Absolute Zero before that.
Also really nice but also weird how Ice Sanctuary is the one thing directly from first game barring final dungeon. Also same map layout was nice touch.

Anyways, I think cards here are slightly better maaaybe, because you get them from materials spots from anywhere along with materials. 2 birds in 1 stone. I dont think duplicates exists here. In Cyber Sleuth it was like 3 hours in front of a machine and pressing X and oh god Agumon(Blk) Medal like things. On the other hand collecting materials is Limited, so it apparently still takes ages. And again its just Siver Trophy...

RockmanBN

Well, finishing the main story became very quick in the end. Had so many Digimon recruited that I was able to skip to the end. Was destroying everything in my path with my 6th generation Digimon. Seraphimon's food greatly boosted my Digimon's statsw which helped with endgame. Now to grind down that platinum.

My team when finishing the main story:

uGXxVSR.jpg

bmglXUn.jpg

Lagamorph

Holy crap at those 6th gen stats. Are you playing on Easy mode?

I'm on 5th gen Megas playing on Normal and they're utterly nothing compared to those.

RockmanBN

Holy crap at those 6th gen stats. Are you playing on Easy mode?

I'm on 5th gen Megas playing on Normal and they're utterly nothing compared to those.

Was playing Normal until the end of my 3rd gen. It was taking too much time and would multiply the time to get 200 Digimon for that trophy. Though I'm curious onto what Hard mode does since it unlocked for beating the story.

Well, finishing the main story became very quick in the end. Had so many Digimon recruited that I was able to skip to the end. Was destroying everything in my path with my 6th generation Digimon. Seraphimon's food greatly boosted my Digimon's statsw which helped with endgame. Now to grind down that platinum.
How long do your digimon usually last with that much training?

Mine are only living around 16 or 17 days with max life. I can't figure out if it is training lowering their lifespan or going into the dimensional dungeons and all the battling. I was lasting til Age 22 before I started using the resturant and grinding dungeons.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Friday and Saturday were the first days I haven't played this...already got 40 hours about and didn't want to "rush" through it, lol. Totally gonna put in some time tonight working on my Gen 5 dudes.

Yeah, the cards are pretty disappointing---it's just a bunch of stock art you can't even zoom in on and it's unlocked way too late. They were cooler in Digimon World 1 where they acted as a nice way to make buck on the side. Didn't Re:Digitize have like them arranged in sets and stuff to feel more "collectible"? Here they're just blah.

RockmanBN

How long do your digimon usually last with that much training?

Mine are only living around 16 or 17 days with max life. I can't figure out if it is training lowering their lifespan or going into the dimensional dungeons and all the battling. I was lasting til Age 22 before I started using the resturant and grinding dungeons.

Usually about 17-18 days without Training Mistakes. Haven't spent anything on life perks as I want to register 200 Digimon on the field guide. Though this is the first time I used Seraphimon to train. My last generation ended with 4k on STR/STA and about 2k on everything else.

What is the easiest way to get Training Mistakes?

Failing to lead them to the Bathroom is the only one I know and isn't exactly the most useful to get some of the digievolutions that require quite a bit of them.

Opa-Pa

I think training them when they're tired/sleepy may count. Maybe keeping them injured and hungry too. I have no idea how to track the TF counter number, though.

Top Bottom