• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

tm24

I think I'm more sick of OT than Gaming, tbh. Not that Gaming is getting a pass from me. Community threads for life 4 lyfe
This is true. People bemoaned the community forums for being shunted off but it's been for the best. The Witcher MOBA thread proved that hard.

Also Beef, should i get Ultra SF4? I've been out of the SF game for like 6 months and im not sure if USF4 can reignite that flame

Ok so Bray feuds with Cena and the crowds loves Bray.
Management sees this and needs a way to fix it.
Get Jericho back, Bray jumps him. Crowd completely turns on Bray for max heel effect.

So in the end, we got Jericho back because of Cena?

Pretty much. WWE wants The Wyatt Family to be heel and Jericho isn't going to get the mixed crowd reaction that Cena gets. What they should really do is stop having Bray announce the city's name...that's always going to get a cheer.

i mostly just read the thread titles nowadays.
Same.

XenoRaven

This is true. People bemoaned the community forums for being shunted off but it's been for the best. The Witcher MOBA thread proved that hard.

Also Beef, should i get Ultra SF4? I've been out of the SF game for like 6 months and im not sure if USF4 can reignite that flame
Ehh

I know I'm not Beef but I would say just watch EVO and if you get the spark again then go for it. Otherwise pass.

The only people who could complain about Community being a graveyard are people who probably don't even know Subscriptions exist.

As for Ultra, the netcode somehow got worse, but I personally love the game. But a lot of that is because Hawk got buffed like crazy.

EDIT: Yeah, do what Xeno said and watch a tournament or two.

Heel

Nah it sounds like she will get punished but not fired

So she will be dancing with khali at summer slam

Maybe Emma can parlay this into a new gimmick. Have weekly backstage vignettes in which WWE Superstars complain about missing possessions, then pan to Emma hiding behind WWE touring cases.

INYwgRil.jpg

tm24

Ehh

I know I'm not Beef but I would say just watch EVO and if you get the spark again then go for it. Otherwise pass.
The only people who could complain about Community being a graveyard are people who probably don't even know Subscriptions exist.

As for Ultra, the netcode somehow got worse, but I personally love the game. But a lot of that is because Hawk got buffed like crazy.

EDIT: Yeah, do what Xeno said and watch a tournament or two.
Oh, i still get massive hype watching SF4. CEO was great. That JWong Elena botch was hard to watch. Playing it is another matter. The netcode being worse is a worry, since my sparring partners are all online, my main one being in NY.

MVP: HHH
Runner up: Daniel Bryan

Best Match: Daniel Bryan vs. HHH at WrestleMania XXX
Runner Up: Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt at Royal Rumble

Best Diva: Alicia Fox

Most Improved: Steph

Miz Award (aka LVP): Demon Kane

Best Rookie: Bo Dallas

Best Moment: Bryan at Mania

Projected 2nd Half MVP: Dean Ambrose

MVP: HHH
Runner up: Daniel Bryan

Best Match: Daniel Bryan vs. HHH at WrestleMania XXX
Runner Up: Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt at Royal Rumble

Best Diva: Alicia Fox

Most Improved: Steph

Miz Award (aka LVP): Demon Kane

Best Rookie: Bo Dallas

Best Moment: Bryan at Mania

Projected 2nd Half MVP: Dean Ambrose
Do you think you have enough reserved there for Bryan? haha

So CM Punk coming back? AJ is back, so what are the odds of him showing up at summer slam?

If Network subscriptions tank after the initial 6 month term is up, expect Titan Towers to unload a boatload of cash on his door step and then tease a come back on PPV to drive subscription numbers back up.

dream

self-checkout? fuck dude maybe it was accident? that's horrible.

Someone on the Observer forum made a very good and astute point:

If an iPod case is like $20 and you have $30 worth of items, I'd think you realize what you're walking out with.

There is nothing accidental about what happened. Emma is a thief who thought she could get away with stealing a relatively big ticket item.

zychi

Banned
I'm quite tempted, friend, but October will a busy gaming month for myself. Might not have the moolah for it until a few months later. I'm sure Brother Sina would understand.

Depending on the controls, I'll pick it up around Black Friday. Most likely it'll be the same game as the last one, and I'll skip it entirely.

Maybe Emma can parlay this into a new gimmick. Have weekly backstage vignettes in which WWE Superstars complain about missing possessions, then pan to Emma hiding behind WWE touring cases.

INYwgRil.jpg

The Hemmaburgular would be a great fun and playful gimmick. Amazing idea, friend.

Matches of the first half, rough draft:

1. Shield vs Wyatts, Elimination Chamber
2. HHH vs Bryan, WM 30
3. Zayn vs Breeze, NXT Takeover
4. Money in the Bank match, Money in the Bank
5. Zayn vs Cesaro, NXT Arrival
6. Shield vs. Evolution, Payback
7. Elimination Chamber match, Elimination Chamber
8. Bryan vs Orton vs Batista, WM 30
9. Shield vs Evolution 2, WWE Extreme Rules
10. Bryan vs Wyatt, Royal Rumble

Best tv match was probably Wyatts vs Shield on Main Event. Honorary mention of Dolph Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett on the June 23rd Raw.

jred2k

I think the second half MVP could be Brock(or Heyman) if they give him the strap. A reign of terror by a guy that doesn't even care about his challengers enough to show up could really be used as a good opportunity to build some competitiveness in the divisions.

On a related note, the Battle Royal for the IC belt is a huge missed opportunity. I know they just used an tournament to crown Barrett champion, but I think they could have stretched it out to a points-based tournament that ends at SummerSlam. I think that would have made the belt look more important than some shit throwaway Battle Royal that establishes one or two people at most.

Sephzilla

If Network subscriptions tank after the initial 6 month term is up, expect Titan Towers to unload a boatload of cash on his door step and then tease a come back on PPV to drive subscription numbers back up.

I'm curious how many people will renew simply because they forgot to uncheck the 'renew automatically' checkbox.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hm, I accidentally stole something once through a self check-out line at the local supermarket. Forgot to scan an item and only found out at home. It happens.

I think the second half MVP could be Brock(or Heyman) if they give him the strap. A reign of terror by a guy that doesn't even care about his challengers enough to show up could really be used as a good opportunity to build some competitiveness in the divisions.

On a related note, the Battle Royal for the IC belt is a huge missed opportunity. I know they just used an tournament to crown Barrett champion, but I think they could have stretched it out to a points-based tournament that ends at SummerSlam. I think that would have made the belt look more important than some shit throwaway Battle Royal that establishes one or two people at most.
I doubt that the battle royal will even go past 12 minutes.

jred2k

Someone on the Observer forum made a very good and astute point:

There is nothing accidental about what happened. Emma is a thief who thought she could get away with stealing a relatively big ticket item.

I think it is safe to say she probably learned how to be such a low-life criminal by spending an extended period of time in Alberta.

Call me BO-ner if already posted

FORBES - Is Making John Cena WWE Champion What's Really Best For Business?

When WWE’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view event went off the air Sunday night, it closed with a defiant John Cena brandishing his newly won WWE World Heavyweight Championship belts. It was, for many fans, a disappointing finish, but hardly a surprise. In fact, a Cena championship victory is usually as close as you can get to a foregone conclusion.

There are two main, and very inter-related, reasons that it shouldn’t be very surprising that Cena won. First, in the ring Cena often plays the character of Guy Who Can’t Lose At Wrestling, which made him the odds-on favorite going into Sunday night. And secondly, he is a veritable goldmine for WWE, thanks to being the company’s biggest star among young fans, who in turn comprise a massive portion of WWE’s fan base. That latter reason would seem to explain why WWE slapped the championship on Cena just one month removed from a massive drop in share price, which cost head honcho Vince McMahon $750 million.

Cena is obviously important for WWE’s popularity and subsequent income, but I thought it would be fun to see just what sort of impact his having a title belt might actually have on the company’s bottom line. My look back on past trends is far from conclusive evidence, but it suggests that maybe Cena isn’t what’s best for WWE’s business.

dream

I think it is safe to say she probably learned how to be such a low-life criminal by spending an extended period of time in Alberta.

Isn't it much more likely that she learned how to be such a low-life criminal by entering a "business" that is comprised of broken down, drug addicted conmen?

I respectfully disagree, plagiarize. I think that when everyone is using, making the conscious choice to compete clean means that you are not serious about winning.

And I say that as the world's biggest BJ Penn fan whom, while I respect his convictions, I wish would start gormandizing himself on horse steroids just so he can compete fairly.

This is totally backwards. We shouldn't be telling BJ to put shit into his body that's against the rules because lots of other people are.

Don't you get that? It's like there's looting going on, and you're saying the people who aren't looting should start looting.

The people who follow the rules shouldn't be the chumps, even if the rules are really in need of a change.

Campaign to get them changed, but in the meantime good people are losing out because they aren't joining the cheats. Well we should condemn the cheats for that. Not the people with convictions.

Everyone else *isn't* doing it. That's just a bullshit excuse that people who cheat use when they get caught cheating. It's common... but no. That's no justification. At all.

dream

This is totally backwards. We shouldn't be telling BJ to put shit into his body that's against the rules because lots of other people are.

Don't you get that? It's like there's looting going on, and you're saying the people who aren't looting should start looting.

The people who follow the rules shouldn't be the chumps, even if the rules are really in need of a change.

Campaign to get them changed, but in the meantime good people are losing out because they aren't joining the cheats. Well we should condemn the cheats for that. Not the people with convictions.

Everyone else *isn't* doing it. That's just a bullshit excuse that people who cheat use when they get caught cheating. It's common... but no. That's no justification. At all.

Well, if looting is the norm, those who don't loot end up with less stuff. If they don't care about having stuff, then more power to them.

Similarly, BJ is competing in a "sport" where everyone is on a variety of PEDs. It's an open secret within the "sport." If you're not on PEDs, you are at a disadvantage because you will most likely be fighting people who are on them. And if you're not in this "sport" to win fights, what's the point of competing? It's great that BJ stands by his convictions, but you know what would have been better? If he had beat that cheating, greasy, steroid-ingesting sonofabitch named Rush St. Pierre.

Top Bottom