• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Oh, so she forgot to pay.
Yeah..."forgot".

Face and seductive voice of the company, friends.

Good soldier in the WWE Network fleece, but get the man a fitted suit.

Damn right.
tumblr_n6lx8nWBTd1rji3hpo1_400.gif

Agreed, get him out of the ring and in Renee's position. Problem solved.
You sound like a hater.

dream

That Network fleece is just embarrassing though. It reminds me of when Vince made his circus animals wear ICOPRO gear.

Well, if looting is the norm, those who don't loot end up with less stuff. If they don't care about having stuff, then more power to them.

Similarly, BJ is competing in a "sport" where everyone is on a variety of PEDs. It's an open secret within the "sport." If you're not on PEDs, you are at a disadvantage because you will most likely be fighting people who are on them. And if you're not in this "sport" to win fights, what's the point of competing? It's great that BJ stands by his convictions, but you know what would have been better? If he had beat that cheating, greasy, steroid-ingesting sonofabitch named Rush St. Pierre.

BJ is not in a sport where everyone is on a variety of PEDs. He is in a sport where many people are on PEDs, and where PEDs are against the rules. It's an important distinction.

dream

BJ is not in a sport where everyone is on a variety of PEDs. He is in a sport where many people are on PEDs, and where PEDs are against the rules. It's an important distinction.

Okay, as a thought experiment, let's say only the top 5% of fighters are on PEDs. Or even better, let's say BJ is fighting Rush St. Pierre again--someone who is widely speculated to be on (the very difficult to detect) HGH. What's the upside for him to fight a clean fight against someone who has every physical advantage because of the designer drugs he's using?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Jake Roberts fell off the wagon, but no confirmation.

Marvel

could never
Steph dancing with vickie and cena this past couple weeks has been magical. She and Hunter at the top of their game, I'm loving what they're doing right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is true. People bemoaned the community forums for being shunted off but it's been for the best. The Witcher MOBA thread proved that hard.

Also Beef, should i get Ultra SF4? I've been out of the SF game for like 6 months and im not sure if USF4 can reignite that flame

Ultra did not reignite my Dhalsim fire. I'm still good with him, but competitive fighting games...they don't capture my heart like they used to. And the FGC is still remarkably effective at making me not want to see anything they do.

Well, Midyear Awards for me.

MVP: Kota Ibushi
Runner up: Bray Wyatt

Best Match: Naito vs Ishii at...Dontaku? I can't remember :(
Runner Up: HHH vs Bryan @ Wrestlemania

Best Diva: Charlotte

Most Improved: Bad Luck Fale

Miz Award (aka LVP): Kane

Best Rookie: Bo Dallas

Best Moment: Bo Dallas thrown out

Projected 2nd Half MVP: Dean Ambrose

What do you think the figure is for people owning alt accounts?

A mod was an alt, that's the only thing that saved me and Shao Kahn. Pretty high.

Steph dancing with vickie and cena this past couple weeks has been magical. She and Hunter at the top of their game, I'm loving what they're doing right now.

Steph right now is truly amazing, even more compared to how channel-changing awful she was in 2001-2002.

You know, I think Steph and HHH really need to go away. None of these programs are all that better with them, and they overshadow everyone else because they can book themselves to do whatever they want. This stupid Authority shit should have ended at Wrestlemania, and because it didn't we end up with all this dumb shit like Reigns being in the title match again for no storyline reason because there's a constant authority figure there putting him in there. But they also want you to think they really don't like him. Yeah. Okay.

I know you all like their performance and all, but to me it's not helping the people who need to be elevated in the end. BECAUSE IT NEVER ENDS. That's why. Somewhere along the way, they have to get their comeuppance. And they never do because they never go away. They never lose their power or their TV time. Guys win the title that they don't want to win, but HEY WE STILL HAVE THE POWER SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. Fuck off.

Past caring at this point, as I don't think it's anyone's 'fault' why the shows are so weak other than whoever it was who decided that it should stop being a Wrestling Show and start being a TV Show.
However, even that doesn't make sense to me as if they made it a TV Show then there would be actual character development and storylines. It's stuck halfway between the two where it's neither a classically booked wrestling promotion, or a well written TV show.

That Emma thing sounds a lot like 'Walmart LP decided to act like dicks', more than anything. They can't detain anyone, so if I had to guess, they just stalled her until the actual cops came, which should pretty clearly mark it as a mistake (because what thief will stay in the damn store)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Emma thing sounds a lot like 'Walmart LP decided to act like dicks', more than anything. They can't detain anyone, so if I had to guess, they just stalled her until the actual cops came, which should pretty clearly mark it as a mistake (because what thief will stay in the damn store)

if she stole, she stole

somedevil

WWE Viewership for 6/30

8pm: 4.158
9pm: 4.348
10pm: 4.490

Avg: 4.332

Big ratings for this Raw. Its hard to bitch at the Authority right now when a staredown with Triple H with Roman Reigns gets this is awesome chants.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We'll have a grand time when the McMahons invade ECW whenever that makes it to the Network. That is Steph Prime for me.

if she stole, she stole

Considering all she got was community service, I don't even think the judge believes that :p

Possibilities here:
She stole it, got caught, and stayed (?)
Item didn't scan, she didn't notice, got into argument with LP about it until cops came
Paige planted it on her

Marvel

could never
Emma probably has a problem she needs help with, to do that when you kinda famous with a decent wage isn't normal behaviour.

dream

I suspect that even bean breath, who probably only makes a little more than Emma, would never steal items that do not belong to him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was self checkout, barring any video evidence, I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt.

Keep in mind I used to manage a grocery store, my bias is showing. "Fuck them, call the cops. piece of shit" etc etc

Aii, your neighbors are dicking the USA at the world soccer tournament. good shit.

WWE Viewership for 6/30

8pm: 4.158
9pm: 4.348
10pm: 4.490

Avg: 4.332

this is the effect of people knowing Bryan is gone. i can see it reaching 5.0 ratings if Bryan stays injured.

jred2k

All three members of the Shield have been elevated because of their interactions with The Authority/Evolution. Brie Bella will have far more focus once she returns to the roster full time. The second point might not be one you care about, but at least they are trying to give you reasons to care about some different members of the roster.

I would agree they can be camera hogs sometimes and they drag things out a bit before they get their comeuppance, but I really don't think the product would be better off without them.

The Authority figure has become far too ingrained in WWE storytelling that it won't just go away overnight. If it wasn't them it would just be someone else who probably wouldn't do as good a job.

Top Bottom