• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Gorillaz

idk who brought it up, but they had a point, kofi has that look like "damn I"m really about to do nothing in another fucking battle royal" haha

edit: and Khali is in it huh? what has he been doing for the past 2ish years

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
20140707_Battleground_IntercontinentalUpdate_LIGHT_HP.jpg

lmao if they unify the midcard belts in a battle royal

All these people with no builds to not care about.

It's meant to be, sort of. Tenta is a great example.

I've heard a lot of talk about Funaki but have never seen one of his fights or his matches. I'll have to look into it.

Did Steve Blackman really know how to fight or was that all a gimmick? Also was Dan Severn a decent fighter?
I thought Blackman was a gimmick, could be wrong.

Hasney

Just making me thing about great wrestlers who were never great champions even though they held the belt. Love Jericho, easily one of my all time faves, but only one of his championship Roman Reigns was any good. After winning that scramble when Punk was taken out and he was added as a surprise entrant, then had that brilliant ladder match with HBK.

The others... Jobbing an average match to HHH at WM and I didn't even like that Edge/Jericho feud on his last one either.

I thought Blackman was a gimmick, could be wrong.

He did train in some martial arts, don't think he ever competed properly though.

Think The Cat legit won some tournaments.

Ithil

It's meant to be, sort of. Tenta is a great example.

I've heard a lot of talk about Funaki but have never seen one of his fights or his matches. I'll have to look into it.

Did Steve Blackman really know how to fight or was that all a gimmick? Also was Dan Severn a decent fighter?

Dan Severn was a champion UFC fighter before he was a wrestler, like Ken Shamrock, so yes. Also an amateur wrestler.

Just making me thing about great wrestlers who were never great champions even though they held the belt. Love Jericho, easily one of my all time faves, but only one of his championship Roman Reigns was any good. After winning that scramble when Punk was taken out and he was added as a surprise entrant, then had that brilliant ladder match with HBK.

The others... Jobbing an average match to HHH at WM and I didn't even like that Edge/Jericho feud on his last one either.

He did train in some martial arts, don't think he ever competed properly though.

Think The Cat legit won some tournaments.

Daniel Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Cat was an instructor for Bischoff's kid, and he ended up getting him onto WCW and into wrestling. Not a bad get, he had a great personality and was awesome on the mic. Really loved Ernest Miller. Especially his little feud with Scott Norton that involved him eating some vicious powerbombs.

Hasney

The Cat was an instructor for Bischoff's kid, and he ended up getting him onto WCW and into wrestling. Not a bad get, he had a great personality and was awesome on the mic. Really loved Ernest Miller. Especially his little feud with Scott Norton that involved him eating some vicious powerbombs.

And his commissioner run. One of the better things about late 2000 WCW.

dream

I like how The Cat Ernest Miller's gimmick included him claiming to be friends with James Brown. So as a heel whose gimmick is that he is a good dancer, he'd constantly talk about his good friend James Brown, the Godfather of Soul, and swear he'd bring him out to dance together. And as a heel, nobody would believe him, of course; he's a no-good, lying sonofabitch whose entire gimmick is cribbed from James Brown, after all.

Then one day he brought James Brown out and danced with him because IT WAS ALL TRUE.

Jamie OD

idk who brought it up, but they had a point, kofi has that look like "damn I"m really about to do nothing in another fucking battle royal" haha

edit: and Khali is in it huh? what has he been doing for the past 2ish years

Being in Battle Royals and counting while he is pinned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My hands are registered weapons but I didn't register them today so I can't fight you.

I miss Ernest Miller.

"Listen! Listen. By LAW I have to tell you this, ok?"

Goddammit he was great.

bjork

I like how The Cat Ernest Miller's gimmick included him claiming to be friends with James Brown. So as a heel whose gimmick is that he is a good dancer, he'd constantly talk about his good friend James Brown, the Godfather of Soul, and swear he'd bring him out to dance together. And as a heel, nobody would believe him, of course; he's a no-good, lying sonofabitch whose entire gimmick is cribbed from James Brown, after all.

Then one day he brought James Brown out and danced with him because IT WAS ALL TRUE.

Wait, he actually did? Oh shit, haha.

Ernest Miller was awesome, I always remembered him being awesome and getting a ton of screen time. Then I watched WCW again a few years ago and he hardly featured! Guy was funny though.

Did I dream it, or did he appear in WWF too?

dream

Ernest Miller was awesome, I always remembered him being awesome and getting a ton of screen time. Then I watched WCW again a few years ago and he hardly featured! Guy was funny though.

Yeah man, he used to have Broadus Clay's theme.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He was in WWE yes, briefly. Had Brodus Clay's music.

Laserfrog

Rock had a cool boombox at age 15, cool. I was never lucky enough to have a big boombox to carry around on my shoulder, I'd still like one very much. The Rock, living the boombox dream since fifteen.

dream

Fuck. Stinger and Hulk on the roster may get me to renew my Network subscription because I love paying money to see Stinger and Hulk. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legit question as well:

Sting's coming. Where do YOU slot him in? Let's say he has a match for Summerslam on the cards. With who, how, and when do you build it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sting vs Wyatt could be a lot of fun but he's wrapped up with Jericho for what's likely the next 3 months.

Top Bottom