• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ric Flair has a ponytail in this Capitol Combat 1990 promo. It's really freaking me out. I've never seen his hair in a ponytail.

Looks good, actually. Well, as good as his hair's gonna look. Looks like a slimy businessman.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I did NOT approve that

OMG SOK, do you have beef! I need to know if anyone else is mad at me on a video game forum wrestling thread! This is very serious stuff worth getting upset over!
Wha....what if someone doesn't like my wrasslegaf persona? How would I cope with knowing that someone that I will never meet (except my good pal Bucket) is upset at my wrestling thread antics?

gail-kim-melina-superstars-o.gif

guys what's lower than wrestling as a form of entertainment. like i'm not trying to poo poo the product, let's be serious for a sec.

i honestly got nothing and it's the first time i've ever reached this conclusion.

and i'm alright with that, it's okay if it is.

but you guys got anything?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
guys what's lower than wrestling as a form of entertainment. like i'm not trying to poo poo the product, let's be serious for a sec.

i honestly got nothing and it's the first time i've ever reached this conclusion.

Anime.

major league gaming

Sitting on a internet forum arguing about video games and wrasslin'.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Before he became a super corporate shill because he likely thought the company had no future, Schiavonne was a pretty decent commentator. I think him and Ventura may be one of my favorite commentary teams.

I'd hate to be stuck with Ventura on commentary though. He just pokes holes in every argument a face commentator makes.

That's my birthday. Give me Sting in WWE next week on Raw for my birthday and I won't need anything else. Only if he has face paint and his original WCW theme though.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Can someone please tell me how we went from SunnyMac getting a PM that basically summed up to tone down the gimmick posts, to fearing that we'll become NBA-GAF tomorrow?

Yes, I know it's been a while since I posted... I've been busy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Scott Hall vs Keiji Mutoh from 2001. It's a decent enough match, but you can already tell Hall was spiraling into depression at this point. He's in much worse shape(though nowhere near TNA bad), and his hair's just a mess. Still wrestles a decent match. And you forget how fucking huge Hall is until he's not standing beside Nash.

He also has 'Brian' taped to his boots. I tried to figure out who it was, and apparently it's a WCW ref who died in 99 of cancer. Pretty cool of him to honor a guy who wasn't really famous or anything. Going by his wiki, a ton of wrestlers loved the guy.

He also has 'Brian' taped to his boots. I tried to figure out who it was, and apparently it's a WCW ref who died in 99 of cancer. Pretty cool of him to honor a guy who wasn't really famous or anything. Going by his wiki, a ton of wrestlers loved the guy.

Brian Hildebrand? Yeah, I remember the stories from Foley's first book. By all accounts, a magnificent man.

Played Alpha Protocol for about two hours. It is certainly...rough. Also the closest I could get my guy to looking like Ventura was a goatee, sunglasses, and a beret :( However, I have been assured it gets better and will stick to it. I also have to get better at the stealth.

Sblargh

Banned

I don't think it's low, but then I'm probably missing the cultural bagagge. It's fake fighting, I don't know what is low about that. People get upset over fictional characters who have spider powers thanks to radiaton; I think it's reasonable to care about real life athletes, even if what they do is fake fighting.

I don't know why someone would follow something they consider a low form of entertainment or the lowest. Is it self loathing? Serious question. If you follow something, it must mean something to you, even if it's only braindead entertainment and it's obviously more than that for a lot of people on this thread, even if they were trained to act like it is not.

Some serious cultural cringe goes on in the wrestling community. Stop being ashamed of enjoying the stuff.

Monster Truck Rallys

Eating Contests

Reality TV

DMczaf

Are people still acting like they jailbreak their consoles to run "homebrew"?

Come on y'all, it's 2014. Stop this nonsense.

Top Bottom