• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

BsD-mMfIYAABSKy.jpg:large

Carnby

guys what's lower than wrestling as a form of entertainment. like i'm not trying to poo poo the product, let's be serious for a sec.

i honestly got nothing and it's the first time i've ever reached this conclusion.

and i'm alright with that, it's okay if it is.

but you guys got anything?

Monster truck shows. Seriously, have ever been to one. I have great stories I'll share when I get on my laptop.

somedevil

Monday night war is really good . hope they get saturday night and nitro up soon

The first 13 episodes of Main Event are up. Plus here is the Battleground card so far:

The Four Corner title match
The battle Royal match
Bray vs Jericho
Ambrose vs Rollins
Wyatts vs Usos
Rusev vs Swagger

Pretty good card so far.

XenoRaven

Xenoraven, make sure you watch this. one of the most legendary Funaki (and MMA) fights of all time:

Masakatsu Funaki vs Bas Rutten (c) - Pancrase 1996 Anniversary Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiylc6_G0rU

classic.
This is so awesome. My god. You shouldn't have showed me this. I don't have time to like another thing!

I checked out some of the Suzuki fights on that channel and even though they're only a couple minutes long they're really fun too.

That Battleground card looks pretty solid.

I'm surprised they are doing Ambrose v Rollins and Bray v Jericho now rather than saving them for SummerSlam

somedevil

That Battleground card looks pretty solid.

I'm surprised they are doing Ambrose v Rollins and Bray v Jericho now rather than saving them for SummerSlam

Well they haven't announced the Ambrose match yet but it makes sense because they have nothing booked for them so its going to happen. They will do rematches but I bet the case could be up for Ambrose vs Rollins at Summerslam.

Also, there is a stipulation for the Wyatt vs Usos match
2 out of 3 falls match

Carnby

Monster Truck Rally story time. (I saw this occur in real life):

blue-thunder.jpg

It was the third round of the contest. Ford's Blue Thunder was going to need to take risks, to get the judge's high scores in the stunt contest. But Blue Thunder took too big of a jump, and completely flipped, landing completely upside down!

preview.jpg

When Thunder landed upside down, the crowd cheered and gasped at the same time. The driver's managers sprinted to the truck as fast as they could. I happened to notice the EMTs didn't get out of their seats. Blue Thunder's managers pulled the driver from the wreckage, and the show's announcer got the driver on the mic.

Announcer: Sir, I just want to make sure you are okay. Let the audience know how you are doing.

Blue Thunder driver: I'm fine. I'm not injured. But I just want everyone to know, that the only reason I survived that crash, is because my truck... is BUILT. FORD. TOUGH!!!!!

The crowd absolutely erupted! And the driver ran up and down each isle high fiving the audience. And I muttered to myself, "He just cut a promo... Blue Thunder just cut a promo..." I was in awe.

When I hear people talk about how Dolph can't get ahead because he makes opponents look too good, and then I watch old Stunning Steve matches, I sometimes wonder if he had the same problem in WCW.

Stunning Steve wasn't Austin and that was his problem. He got by mostly on his work but his promo's weren't anywhere near the god tier Stone Cold promo's everyone knows him by. He was just working the gimmick without letting him personality come through. Which as Stunning Steve it would be hard to come off as a tough SOB redneck from Texas. Even Steve himself admits that he wasn't very good as Stunning Steve. On the other hand I believe his best in ring work came at this same time and his work with Pillman in the Hollywood Blondes. The younger Steve Austin could fucking go. Not to say he was terrible in WWE but the style is different than old school USWA and WCW. Now that I think about it more Steve was a badass wrestler before the neck injuries, not that he was bad after but he relied more on his persona and mic work.

Dolph could very well be in a similar place as Steve though. Dude can work his ass off in the ring and that is why the fans love him. His problem is putting it all together. He's not great on the mic and he doesn't have much of a persona. Not getting much in the storyline department isn't helping either. But Dolph has come a long long way since the Spirit Squad.

TLDR: There are plenty of similarites between Dolph and Stunning Steve but a shitpile of differences to

Snaku

Banned
Guys what should I do. I haven't seen Stinger in person since 1998, and Raw on Monday is a two hour drive away. I don't know if I should pull the trigger on tickets, and I'll be completely heart broken if it's some dumb teaser vignette or a 2K15 announcement. WWKD?

Guys what should I do. I haven't seen Stinger in person since 1998, and Raw on Monday is a two hour drive away. I don't know if I should pull the trigger on tickets, and I'll be completely heart broken if it's some dumb teaser vignette or a 2K15 announcement. WWKD?

Rest easy, it's just 2K shit.

I'm going to naturally assume that since DM hasn't responded to Dragonzord or my own posts, he has conceded the argument and agreed that Hogan was right.

I try not judge people by their avatars and username (My username is from a character from a Persona game and have a wrestler avatar FFS) but when someone with a Pony or random loli avatar is trying to convince me that a game about sexual assault of minors is totally the same as video game violence I just... I cant.

WTF. gaming. What are you doing? You are drunk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are you both going to HONESTLY tell me you wouldn't look at Liz? For 100% sure? Because the booty was right there. I'd have touched it too. Hogan ain't wrong, brothers.

I wouldn't touch one that "belonged" to Randy Savage. I wouldn't be able to take him.

Top Bottom