• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Alucard

Banned
Christopher Donnelly, a prisoner in the state of Pennsylvania, recently filed a lawsuit against WWE and Natalya. Donnelly actually made a several page hand-written filing and alleged that Natalya is an evil dominatrix that abused him mentally, physically and emotionally from 2005 until 2009.

Donnelly alleged that Natalya aborted his child, beat him numerous times at hotels across the country, used obscenities such as "this is my dungeon, you little bitch!" and other "naughty acts" according to the complaint. The man claimed that Natalya also forced him to prostitute himself. He said he wanted $250,000 in damages for mental and psychological trauma, spelling psychological wrong in the filing. If he didn't receive the $250,000 through the lawsuit, he threatened to take the complaint to higher courts and the media.

On July 7th, a judge in Florida wrote that the filing was filled with delusional language and went on to dismiss the lawsuit on several grounds.

So you're saying she got away with it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;120182674 said:
Dat mid 90s lawler commentary

Nah,

'I'd like Nattie to torture me. Woohoo! Stu Hart can watch. Who's this guy who doesn't want a diva torturing him? 'His baby'? What are you, some kinda queer?'

THAT is mid 90s Lawler commentary.

RP912

Banned
Been watching the TI4. I never thought watching dota matches would be so intense. Team Liquid was beasting hard yesterday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't watch Evo OR Dota shit. I just can't. I have no desire to watch people play games if I can be playing them. I'm in the minority though.

Fighters are the only games I'll occassionally spectate, there's some pretty great finals and sometimes its really the best showcase of a game you could get before picking it up. I never would've got King Of Fighters XIII if I didn't catch the finals at Evo last year that looked like a ton of fun.

I hear ya, though. I play League and have some friends that are like "oh can't play watching the LCS" fuck that.

I'm also interested in watching Killer Instinct's finals since goddamn does playing that game stress me out.

Hasney

I just can't watch Evo OR Dota shit. I just can't. I have no desire to watch people play games if I can be playing them. I'm in the minority though.

Nah, I'm with you and I thought that was the majority position? If not,. surely eSports would be a lot more popular than they are.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to be in to enjoying fighting games, but the personalities of the FGC wore me down to a nub. That Aris dude and that fucking SFxT sexism bullshit was the final straw and I walked the fuck away from that garbage.

RP912

Banned

I felt the same way for dota until I saw one of the matches yesterday. It's a lot of informative stuff in them streams to help you with playing the actual game. Plus the commentary is Jim Ross levels of hilarity and hyperbole.

BAH GAWD HE JUST USED A WARD.

XenoRaven

I used to be in to enjoying fighting games, but the personalities of the FGC wore me down to a nub. That Aris dude and that fucking SFxT sexism bullshit was the final straw and I walked the fuck away from that garbage.
No one was happy with him and he hasn't been a prominent name since then. I don't think I've heard his name since that controversy died down. I definitely haven't seen him or heard him commentate.

I haven't been following the FGC as closely as I used to, but I think a lot of the overly flamboyant personalities have died down in favor of reaching a broader audience. There are still some guys that are assholes, but for the most part the top players are well adjusted. I don't watch Marvel though so that may not hold true for that game.

As a once-per-year dip into watching people play fighting games, EVO isn't bad. I know just enough to understand what I'm watching, and I've played just enough to appreciate what the players are doing. But it's also soaking in the crowd's enthusiasm while watching the stream; if it were more sterile, it would be unwatchable.

True but goddamn gamers are just awful.

Its not just Evo or FCG obviously, I'm surprised there wasn't a topic about all the shit that happened at that speed run thing last month.

XenoRaven

¡HarlequinPanic!;120185233 said:

Its not just Evo or FCG obviously, I'm surprised there wasn't a topic about all the shit that happened at that speed run thing last month.
Wait what happened? I didn't hear about any controversy.

RP912

Banned

elaborate? Those runs look incredibility timid...I couldn't fathom seeing some off the wall bullshit like the shenanigans of EVO.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I watched some speedrun garbage filled with a bunch of white kids going "swag! that's so swag" and I wanted to poop AND vomit at the same time

elaborate? Those runs look incredibility timid...I couldn't fathom seeing some off the wall bullshit like the shenanigans of EVO.

I guess its nothing compared to the real stuff that happens at Evo versus just...y'know nerdly high school stuff

you guys didn't see the video of this dude getting mad during his Tomba 2 run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Xw9DNC_vQ

There's a bunch of remixes now and stuff.

Its pretty funny. Apparently some dude was freaking out about his wife sleeping around too or something.

..I guess it wasn't threadworthy after all

THE IMPORTANT THING was it made me want to try speed running RE2, still can't get below the two hour mark in either scenario, though and that's all I care to try for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;120186250 said:
I guess its nothing compared to the real stuff that happens at Evo versus just...y'know nerdly high school stuff

Its pretty funny. Apparently some dude was freaking out about his wife sleeping around too or something.

yuk yuk yuk. empty room too. Pretty rough...

I love watching people choke though, that's my favorite goddamn thing. That commentary is fucking shit. So cringeworthy.

RP912

Banned

THE IMPORTANT THING was it made me want to try speed running RE2, still can't get below the two hour mark in either scenario, though and that's all I care to try for.

Yea I was expecting some backstage stuff and dudes sabotaging the games. I tried watching this year's stream for it and.....it just felt like a bunch of guys playing games.

The doom race was awesome though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did do a 24 hour charity stream with a pal last year and we did a Dark Souls race to ring 2 bells. It was fun to play.

Sorry to hype up lower card talent!!!

There's just something sublime about this mustache guy in an empty room in his PJs throwing shade out while this boring droning music plays in the background. It really speaks to me

XenoRaven

This is so unbelievably awkward.

Also dude can't even do jumping jacks right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"my exercise for the week"

so was the jumping jack dude the one who bought condoms? or was it King Dirtstache?

Can't wait to see the WWE 2K15 trailer on Monday. Almost a year ago to the day(July 15th) is when they announced the Ultimate Warrior and released his trailer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
IaNUwcb.gif

RP912

Banned
Can't wait to see the WWE 2K15 trailer on Monday. Almost a year ago to the day(July 15th) is when they announced the Ultimate Warrior and released his trailer.

I can picture it now..

sting drops down from helicopter to 2k headquarters, points bat at game devs and out of no where does his scream.

WWE 2K15 COMING IN OCTOBER!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Notice to Tri-Lamb:
<stro> Someone tell Lambada he's got another guest post coming up. I picked up a I think best of Strike Force DVD and the Thrilla in Manilla at the liberried.

Some BOLA announcements;

Night 1 -
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Drew Gulak vs Kyle O'Reilly
. Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole & The Young Bucks) vs Best Friends of Low Moral Fibre (Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor & Trent)

Night 2 -
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Kenny Omega vs ACH
. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)

Also, Gabe announced some shit for the EVOLVE triple shot in Florida - says it's going to be a reboot of EVOLVE, they're going to put the shows straight into DVD production (what is this? 2006?) to try and mitigate the year-long backlog of unreleased shows and the win/loss record system is returning but with a "simpler" twist;

"Records will be tracked on each weekend. At the end of the weekend, the Records will be used to determine a top ten rankings. At this point, all Records will reset to zero and everything is about the rankings. These rankings will determine the matches on the following EVOLVE weekend. We realize with doubleshots and tripleshots that we will have multiple wrestlers with the same Record after the weekend. In this case, we will use tie breakers including fan response, past results, quality of opposition and who had the most dominant victories. Much more on this will become clear during EVOLVE 31, 32 and 33 in Florida."

That...sounds dumb.

Watched Mastiff vs Devitt from IPW:UK, pretty good match, surprised Devitt got the Bastard up for the Bloody Sunday;

Devitt.gif

Boootaaay, I finally watched the Brody vs Bockwinkle match. Pretty great match with two great personalities. Crazy, wildman badass brawler vs the Uptight, superior proper wrestler. I think Bockwinkel is the best wrestler to never wrestle for WWF. Not Sting.

Bockwinkel really played his role to perfection, I'd be hard pressed to name a guy who did it better than him and it's a shame he never got to showcase that in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bad Influencs vs Young Backs should be fun. EVOLVE's plans sound fucking stupid.

Half the charm of the FGC are the personalities. Very pro Wrestling . Don't let one bad egg ruin it for you.

Also don't get the " don't watch because I can't play argument " do linguistic do that with real sports ? I like to play basket ball but watching a higher level is enjoyable

Son Of D

"my exercise for the week"

so was the jumping jack dude the one who bought condoms? or was it King Dirtstache?

Jumping jack dude. He also announced on his stream beforehand that he had a crush on one of the female speedrunners and wanted to ask her out on a date at the marathon. Highly doubt it happened.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Half the charm of the FGC are the personalities. Very pro Wrestling . Don't let one bad egg ruin it for you.

Also don't get the " don't watch because I can't play argument " do linguistic do that with real sports ? I like to play basket ball but watching a higher level is enjoyable

I can't play football. I don't have a team.

Jumping jack dude. He also announced on his stream beforehand that he had a crush on one of the female speedrunners and wanted to ask her out on a date at the marathon. Highly doubt it happened.

VOMIT

RP912

Banned
I want to see dota players cut promos and come out to pyro. Something to get folks to embrace the magic that is dota.

XenoRaven

I want to see dota players cut promos and come out to pyro. Something to get folks to embrace the magic that is dota.
There is a fighting game tournament where the matches on the main stream take place in a boxing ring and the trophies are championship belts.

Top Bottom