• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

jred2k

That GB thread is kind of hilarious/depressing.

In regards to someone's mind being blown away by the term cis

the gif of whoever the fuck guy that people post videos of whenever they want to go on about how unPC they are pretty much captures it.

it's the year 2014. trans people are not a new discovery. get over it.

I had never really seen the term cis used until late 2013 or early 2014. I don't think that somehow made me less sympathetic to trans people. There are better ways to educate people than labeling them ignorant and telling them its 2014.

Not saying that's what you're implying, but far too often when I see discussions about equality issues it's just two sides digging their heels in further and nobodys point of view really changing. I don't think judging someone and acting condescendingly towards them really helps to further a discussion.

I had never really seen the term cis used until late 2013 or early 2014. I don't think that somehow made me less sympathetic to trans people. There are better ways to educate people than labeling them ignorant and telling them its 2014.

Not saying that's what you're implying, but far too often when I see discussions about equality issues it's just two sides digging their heels in further and nobodys point of view really changing. I don't think judging someone and acting condescendingly towards them really helps to further a discussion.

Sorry, but I'm not going to play nice with someone who immediately called the terms fucking stupid. Ali is a good soul. Ali asks "what's cis?" someone answers them. The world continues spinning.

There's a clear difference between someone who just doesn't know and isn't a dick about it and someone saying the terms are fucking stupid once they're told. The only reason I'm judging them or acting condescendingly to them is because they did it first. Which is lost in a lot of the "both sides are just as bad!!" talk.

kirblar

I believe cis refers to people who identify as the sex they were born with.
Yup. It makes delineating the two groups in conversation much easier.

When I see story from a GLAAD chairperson about them getting upset about an older woman accidentally calling her a transvestite (given the context, it's clear the older lady doesn't understand the difference in terminology) and then just walking away rather than educating that well-meaning but clueless person, it makes me both sad and angry. :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
gtroyi.gif

I thought Belgium only made chocolate, these guys are true heels.

I didn't think anything could top TNA Knockouts Champion Taylor Wilde moonlighting at Sunglass Hut, but "Emma" getting pinched for shoplifting did just that.

Can't wait till some of the NXT superstars and divas start getting picked up for prostitution at "Full Sail University."

Those students' parents are dropping upwards of 100-200K dollars for them to attend that "university". Aspiring video game designers with money to burn coupled with borderline broke athletes at peak, PED assisted, physical condition? You know it's happening.

Now Americans can finally stop pretending they give a rat's ass about soccer.

Not for at least another ten minutes.

The US lost?

So I can stop giving a shit about soccer again for another 4 years?
They are losing, but the game has ten minutes left and if they tie it up it goes to a penalty shoot out.

So you can stop pretending to give a shit, because you just exposed yourself ;)

My biggest fear in soccer was getting hit in the boat with the ball.

i used to put my finger up the goalkeepers ass in the corners to psych them out of the play. and tell them i was gonna do their mom from behind. and just like weapons in a Batista match, it was not only welcomed, it was allowed by my coach.

Marvel

could never
i used to put my finger up the goalkeepers ass in the corners to psych them out of the play. and tell them i was gonna do their mom from behind. and just like weapons in a Batista match, it was not only welcomed, it was allowed by my coach.
LOL.

Think of the optics though. At a time when WWE is publicly struggling financially as a result of their flop of a Network, having one of their "Divas" get pinched for shoplifting a $20 iPod case is a very bad look.

I wonder if there's a mugshot available online? Sblargh could stand to update his avatar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did I miss some trans education opportunities? Because it's worth learning about folks

Cagey

Banned
Cis is the opposite of trans. Most of you are likely cis. It's not an insult or anything negative like some really sad people take it to be.
What is the origin of the term and is this used beyond a number of academic papers? In other words, even if it's not used outside of academia, is there at least a consensus within academia?

youth leagues here are crazy. some dude spat on my neck after i scored so i wait and break his nose with an elbow blow when the ref wasn't looking. but the linesman did and i got red carded :(

What is the origin of the term and is this used beyond a number of academic papers? In other words, even if it's not used outside of academia, is there at least a consensus within academia?
No clue where it came from, but it's very, very widely used in the real world. I feel like I hear it everyday, but I live in a city full of gay and trans people.

Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC had a whole show about it: http://www.autostraddle.com/msnbc-t...s-people-for-an-hour-doesnt-fck-it-up-136621/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Termed by sociologists, (legit ones) so I'm not sure how the rest of academia feels about sociologists.

And yeah it's not derogatory, but when you throw a "scum" in at the end, well

No clue where it came from, but it's very, very widely used in the real world. I feel like I hear it everyday, but I live in a city full of gay and trans people.

I've never heard the word uttered in real life, but I'm in YEEEEEE HAW Tulsa OK

kirblar

Had heard of/seen oil-checking in combat sports, but this is a new one.

jred2k

Sorry, but I'm not going to play nice with someone who immediately called the terms fucking stupid. Ali is a good soul. Ali asks "what's cis?" someone answers them. The world continues spinning.

There's a clear difference between someone who just doesn't know and isn't a dick about it and someone saying the terms are fucking stupid once they're told. The only reason I'm judging them or acting condescendingly to them is because they did it first. Which is lost in a lot of the "both sides are just as bad!!" talk.

I'll be honest, I didn't really read that post you quoted and just glanced over the gif. Dude was an asshole and obviously not open to becoming more informed.

I still believe there is an overemphasis on wanting to out people as being anti-equality when it is generally just an issue of being uninformed or miscommunication. I think that side of it creates an unneeded hostility that results in people not aware of trans issues just shutting the whole thing out for fear of offending.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be honest, I didn't really read that post you quoted and just glanced over the gif. Dude was an asshole and obviously not open to becoming more informed.

I still believe there is an overemphasis on wanting to out people as being anti-equality when it is generally just an issue of being uninformed or miscommunication. I think that side of it creates an unneeded hostility that results in people not aware of trans issues just shutting the whole thing out for fear of offending.

There's a lot of people who think they understand but don't - education is absolutely needed. That's what kept me ignorant - thinking I knew what was up when I didn't.

Had heard of/seen oil-checking in combat sports, but this is a new one.

i've seen all sorts of stuff. mind you, i was 12/13 years old when this shit used to happen. the scouts used to bring unregistered african dudes who were like 18 or 19 from Angola and Mozambique and create fake IDs saying they were 13 or 14 when they arrived here. so you'd have brehs with beards and chest hair playing with small kids. it was goddamn hilarious.

i've seen all sorts of stuff. mind you, i was 12/13 years old when this shit used to happen. the scouts used to bring unregistered african dudes who were like 18 or 19 from Angola and Mozambique and create fake IDs saying they were 13 or 14 when they arrived here. so you'd have brehs with beards and chest hair playing with small kids. it was goddamn hilarious.

What kind of ghetto ass environment were you living in, friend?

This to me reads like she is so fired... :/

Even if she isn't, wouldn't this fuck up her work visa?

Do you think that Lance Storm will fly down there to try and vouch for her or distance himself from Emma because of the potential harm it can do to his wrestling school?

Top Bottom