• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Heel

0701-emma-wwe-mug-no-swipe-2.jpg

The John Sina of petty theft, friends.

Cagey

Banned
No clue where it came from, but it's very, very widely used in the real world. I feel like I hear it everyday, but I live in a city full of gay and trans people.
Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC had a whole show about it: http://www.autostraddle.com/msnbc-t...s-people-for-an-hour-doesnt-fck-it-up-136621/

I live in Manhattan and never heard it before.

Termed by sociologists, (legit ones) so I'm not sure how the rest of academia feels about sociologists.

And yeah it's not derogatory, but when you throw a "scum" in at the end, well

Eh well sociology is where I assumed it came from. It's a very academic thing to do : name something or devise new ways of classifying something. Happens all the time.

Sociology is the softest of the soft sciences, and that includes ish like Political Science. Maybe Anthropology, now that I think of it.

jred2k

Hasn't Rafa mentioned before that he's a manager at Walmart? Surely he has a favour he can call in and help out young Ms. Dashwood.

So, you think you're untouchable?
Word life
This is basic thuganomics
This is ba-basic thuganomics

Word life
I'm untouchable but I'm forcing you to feel me
Word life
This is bas-basic thuga-thuga-thuganomics
Word life

Whether fighting or spitting
My discipline is unforgiving
Got you backing up in a defensive position
An asskickin' anthem

Heavyweight or bantam
Holding camps for ransom
A microphone phantom
Teams hit the floor, it's the new fight joint

Like a broken needle, kid you missin' the point
We dominate your conference with offense
That's no nonsense, my theme song hits
Get your reinforcements

We strike quick with hard kicks, duckin' nightsticks
Bare knuckles makes you fight this, beat you lifeless
Never survive us, you're forgot like Alzheimer's
Two-faced rappers walk away with four shiners

The war rhymer, turning legends to old-timers
My insides is like a viper biting through your one-liners
New Deadman Inc, and we about to make you famous
Taking over earth and still kicking in Uranus

Word life

Word life
Word life
Word life

You ain't advanced enough to process potential for medical concepts
The objects are foreign, like block tests, arts and sex
Are complex regardless of your finesse and your fitness
It's a condition of business

Your lame vision of an underground physical image
I'm underneath to undermine your whole typical image
With the precision of percentages, and the collision of sentences
Poetry, beats and mics, we untouchable like Ridges

Sluts with no prevaceses, streets unite
We rock brighter with dumber beats
Yo cats couldn't come this hot if they burst off in the summer heat
But get two tapes, kill your birds the first time

Your friendly state worthy of my filler or worse rhymes
I'm better than knights, check the veteran stripes
Leave you beside yourself in fear, I'll kill you and bury you twice
Despite the cover of night, tracking your flight

Like Guerrilla Warfare, where the grass is dense
Approaching me is a quick way to get referred to in the past tense
Said that, when the lights or mic is on
The crowd is dead, like it in the mission when you're on the titantron

Word life

Word life
Word life
Word life

I'm curious how many people will renew simply because they forgot to uncheck the 'renew automatically' checkbox.

A lot.

I mentioned before how I inadvertently switched from not having auto-renew, which I explicitly made sure was on the second after I subscribed, to auto-renew because I was curious. They locked me out of the page where I can toggle it on and off and sent me an e-mail that I could modify it after an unspecified amount of time had elapsed. Shady as heck.

In my opinion, they should have a cooling-off period to unsubscribe without violating the 6 month commitment. I'd imagine a period of 24 hours after subscribing would be sufficient for most level-headed folks to realize the horrible mistake they've just made.

Hm, I accidentally stole something once through a self check-out line at the local supermarket. Forgot to scan an item and only found out at home. It happens.

A single item that costs nearly as much as the total price of the rest of your items? You don't think you'd notice paying only half the price of what you had mentally tallied while you shopped?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Johnny B Badd might be the weirdest case of someone going from one company to another and losing not only all name recognition (which happens all the time) but also seemingly all wrestling skill.

He does have the best theme in WCW by far though, maybe that also powered up his wrasslin.

I don't see how anyone who proclaims science as their deity can be opposed to PEDs in sports, honestly.

I'm not against their legalization in sports so long as it brings with it proper safeguards for the health of the athletes that use them.

But until they are legalized I am firmly against their use, as it puts the people who think it's important to follow the rules at a massive disadvantage. The cheats who use the argument 'everyone does it' are the ones who should be suffering. Take away that advantage and most of them are going to look to find some other way to cheat, and to justify their new cheating.

I'm pro PEDs being authorized, and anti cheating assholes. That's a pretty sane position if you ask me.

Same as how I'm pro legalization of pot, but that I think medical marijuana is utter bullshit. Drugs have to go through a stringent testing period for good reason. You don't just vote them into use... and you don't smoke modern medicines.

Again, I am not against marijuana being used as the basis of a pharmaceutical and being used for the treatment of any things it can genuinely help with, but it should be adapted into something with a sensible delivery method and with as few side effects as possible (getting high is a side effect), and that drug should go through the standard process.

Medical marijuana is something people who want to see pot legalized push for as a bullshit stepping stone to proper legalization.

Legalize it. Don't side step medical testing and proper drug development by voting for prescription pot.

WWE stock jumped up .40 cents after Cena won the title, by far it's biggest jump since it crashed. Those smart dudes know Cena is best for business.

I knew I was on to something. I was too gun shy to pull the trigger on the stock buy, though. If only I could free up this money that WWE Network is siphoning from me I could buy, at today's prices, 850 shares or WWE stock?

Heel

In the interest of transparency, does anyone have a list of known WWE stock holders that post in this thread? I have a feeling it would explain a lot.

#evenbetter > #evenstronger

WWE are idiots if they don't capitalize on this.

The world needs another Bryan vs Cena match.

it'll destroy GAF.

Nobody will get fired up about it except for you, friend. GAF will remain fully intact. The rest of the Cenation already know who's winning, so there's no reason to argue.

WWE Viewership for 6/30

8pm: 4.158
9pm: 4.348
10pm: 4.490

Avg: 4.332

Big ratings for this Raw. Its hard to bitch at the Authority right now when a staredown with Triple H with Roman Reigns gets this is awesome chants.
Viewers tuned in after Cena promised Daniel Bryan a championship match when he returns. They stuck around and called their friends to tune in and watch the rebroadcast of Daniel Bryan's appearance at the Money In The Bank Pre-Show. They texted their family members to tune in for the possibility of a Daniel Bryan surprise appearance in the third hour and drove the numbers up through the roof.

I suspect that even bean breath, who probably only makes a little more than Emma, would never steal items that do not belong to him.

It's a struggle for me to make my WWE Network payments month to month but I credit my strong religious convictions for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Ithil

Basically the same as 2011's, so I don't understand where all the panic about it being so terrible came from. They ruined Brock's drawing power at the time.

The panic about it being bad came from preliminary reports that had it as being weak, but the final buyrate was something like 40k higher than estimated. Basically par for the course for Summerslam.

Top Bottom