• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

strobogo

Banned
First off, I'd like to thank Sunny for pulling some strings and getting me reinstated.

Secondly, I have been informed by the mods that if I wish to continue my posting career on GAF that it would be wise for me to avoid engaging with Bean Breath and Aiii. But I am back, friends. I appreciate the kind words for those of you that had kind words for me.

iywPBs8roAxJC.gif

ibnRADQLyV5BUD.gif

Sokantish

First off, I'd like to thank Sunny for pulling some strings and getting me reinstated.

Secondly, I have been informed by the mods that if I wish to continue my posting career on GAF that it would be wise for me to avoid engaging with Bean Breath and Aiii. But I am back, friends. I appreciate the kind words for those of you that had kind words for me.

I hope you learned your lesson!

Vylash

aww hell naw

Hasney

iywPBs8roAxJC.gif

ibnRADQLyV5BUD.gif

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Chant-Cage-Match-Wyatt-Bros.gif

SEj3OoR.gif

It's pretty fucking obvious that the mods are letting Stro trade in his alt account (Bionic) in order to get his main back, next time space out your announcements jerk

Woah, shit - welcome back Stro! Goddamn, Vince working his magic.

In other news, that freaking BOLA line-up!! Dude;

PWG - Battle of Los Angeles 2014

Night 1 -

. Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole & The Young Bucks) vs Best Friends of Low Moral Fibre (Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor & Trent?)
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Drew Gulak vs Kyle O'Reilly
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: AR Fox vs Brian Cage
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Biff Busick vs Roderick Strong
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Michael Elgin vs Tomasso Ciampa
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Trevor Lee vs Cedric Alexander
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: AJ Styles vs Brian Myers
. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs World's Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae) vs Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Night 2 -

. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: ACH vs Kenny Omega
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Adam Cole
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Trent? vs Rich Swann
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Gargano
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Matt Sydal vs Chris Hero
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Ricochet vs Chris Sabin
. Drew Gulak & Biff Busick vs The Unbreakable F'n Machines (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)

Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs World's Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae) vs Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)
OHHHH SHIT YES
Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Adam Cole
Bit let down by that tbh, was hoping for something a bit punchier for Zack. I'm sure it'll be good, I just don't see him getting past the first round to some more interesting matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That MMA style 'overpower an arm submission by showing your STRENGTH and slamming him' spot is the new double foot stomp or lungblower in terms of overuse. It's especially great how overused it is on Del Rio because it makes his finisher look weak as fuck. Like, 'oh every single person can overpower your finishing submission.'

Powerbomb out of a triangle or an armbar has become such a staple move for every remotely big or strong type wrestler. Also, dudes doing the 2nd rope deadlift suplex off the apron into the ring.

Bit let down by that tbh, was hoping for something a bit punchier for Zack. I'm sure it'll be good, I just don't see him getting past the first round to some more interesting matches.

Yeah, I was hoping for Zack vs Omega, but he has wrestled Cole before (a bunch in wXw and the last time he was in the US at CZW's Best of the Best X in 2011) and although it's a tough match-up for him, I could see them getting him over by beating the former champion.

Sblargh

Banned
Watching main event now and things I have reached my quota:

Sheamus
Last man standing
Kendo sticks

Sheamus is now on the "I want to like you, please be less boring" category.

Hasney

I love Last Man Standing matches, but they have been ruined this generation. It's been more about doing creative protected finishes rather than brutalising your opponent into not standing up.

When does the G1 start? Any word on Ustream?

It starts on the 21st, but we've had no more information as of yet - we'll likely hear something on Sunday or Monday, after the current tour finishes.

Also, it's worth noting that last year we didn't get any conformation or ordering info until a week before the tournament started and, with Dragon Gate running an iPPV on the 20th, I'm hopeful that the tournament will be on Ustream or that New Japan can find some other method of streaming it.

He bloody well better be! Or it's the knackers yard for him and we'll be selling Andy Carroll Superglue in the club shop to recoup some of that £16m we spunked on him.

I'm quite pleased with our current signings. No idea who any of them are, obviously, but that's half the fun - foreign bloke, cost a bit, looks good on youtube, could potentially be an embarrassment or a revelation.

DMczaf

I also have an announcement.

I ain't ever leaving, motherfuckers! 10 years strong! WrassleGAF is in my blood! Protecting my spot since day one!

FOREVER!

FOREVER!

FOREVER!

Jamie OD

I love Last Man Standing matches, but they have been ruined this generation. It's been more about doing creative protected finishes rather than brutalising your opponent into not standing up.

I thought the duct tape finish used in the Cena Vs Batista LMS was very clever but that should have been saved for a light hearted mid card match rather than a WWE title PPV main event.

jred2k

I haven't really followed this thread for the past week. Did I miss anything?

Smackdown is pretty shitty this week, by the way. The roster was thin as fuck. No Cesaro, no Rollins, no Ambrose, no Wyatts. The Jericho/Orton match was by far the standout. Seeing Orton live really made me appreciate the little things he does to work the crowd and make the match engaging. The main event basically sets the formula for every future Reigns title match too.

Oh cool, welcome back Stro

I haven't really followed this thread for the past week. Did I miss anything?

Smackdown is pretty shitty this week, by the way. The roster was thin as fuck. No Cesaro, no Rollins, no Ambrose, no Wyatts. The Jericho/Orton match was by far the standout. Seeing Orton live really made me appreciate the little things he does to work the crowd and make the match engaging. The main event basically sets the formula for every future Reigns title match too.
Nothing much in wrassle news besides Bryan having more surgery.

bjork

the key is to leave for awhile, then come back when you need the itch scratched. This is for fun, not out of obligation.

Messier75

Neo Member
Wonder what {Flair} will be doing because they obviously gave up on the Miz before he even returned.

The local radio ads for the show are promoting "the first lumberjack match at MSG in 25 years" between Cena & Bray Wyatt with a lumberjack team led by Flair vs a team led by HHH

Top Bottom