• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

jmdajr

I don't know if anyone noticed (or cared) that I haven't posted here for the past few days. Either way, I'd like to announce my in-ring retirement from WrassleGAF.

I've had some fun times with you guys, but keeping up with this thread and the WWE in general takes too much of my time. The past two days were quite liberating. I skipped RAW, and forced myself to not visit this thread. I feel like my life is in a better place, friends.

This fucking carny sport has its claws on me real deep, so I'll probably still watch RAW and the PPVs, but I'll make it a point to not come here on the regular anymore.

I don't think anybody here will really miss me, but I'm sure some will be happy. I hope me leaving this thread will pave the way for the serious wrasslin discussion for serious people that you crave so much.

I love this place too much to not drop by every once in a while. So please don't hate me if I come back for a nostalgia pop.

Thank you for your time.

ibjVCSbY5IEnn2.gif

You will be missed. But don't be a total stranger, we had good times. Stop by after PPVs or big news. You can still enjoy in bits and pieces. Peace brotha.

handshake_zps1db77bb3.jpg

First off, I'd like to thank Sunny for pulling some strings and getting me reinstated.

Secondly, I have been informed by the mods that if I wish to continue my posting career on GAF that it would be wise for me to avoid engaging with Bean Breath and Aiii. But I am back, friends. I appreciate the kind words for those of you that had kind words for me.

iywPBs8roAxJC.gif

ibnRADQLyV5BUD.gif

Welcome back. Let's all try to get along.
20130612_EP_LIGHT_mcmahon-hug_C-homepage_zpsf666e51c.jpg

Carnby

True story:

My wife does freelance editing. As in, she edits articles and other documents. She is part of a website that offers freelance editing jobs. She recently received an email stating that they had 15 WWE articles that needed to be edited/written. The job details were that the articles should be written in blog format, for example "Hi I'm Chris, I love WWE, blah blah blah" (Actual example given.) The job offer then links to example "blogs" they are looking for. All of the examples were about how awesome and easy the WWE Network is to use. It sounds like WWE is trying to promote their network through fake blogs.

Tl;dr, Freelance writers are being paid to write fake blogs about how awesome and easy the WWE Network is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
True story:

My wife does freelance editing. As in, she edits articles and other documents. She is part of a website that offers freelance editing jobs. She recently received an email stating that they had 15 WWE articles that needed to be edited/written. The job details were that the articles should be written in blog format, for example "Hi I'm Chris, I love WWE, blah blah blah" (Actual example given.) The job offer then links to example "blogs" they are looking for. All of the examples where blogs from fans stating how awesome and easy the WWE Network is to use. It sounds like WWE is trying to promote their network through fake blogs.

Tl;dr, Freelance writers are being paid to write fake blogs about how awesome and easy the WWE Network is.

Lots of places do that stuff. Get her to put legit shook in there and we will shower you with praise.

Heel

I don't know if anyone noticed (or cared) that I haven't posted here for the past few days. Either way, I'd like to announce my in-ring retirement from WrassleGAF.

I've had some fun times with you guys, but keeping up with this thread and the WWE in general takes too much of my time. The past two days were quite liberating. I skipped RAW, and forced myself to not visit this thread. I feel like my life is in a better place, friends.

This fucking carny sport has its claws on me real deep, so I'll probably still watch RAW and the PPVs, but I'll make it a point to not come here on the regular anymore.

I don't think anybody here will really miss me, but I'm sure some will be happy. I hope me leaving this thread will pave the way for the serious wrasslin discussion for serious people that you crave so much.

I love this place too much to not drop by every once in a while. So please don't hate me if I come back for a nostalgia pop.

Thank you for your time.

ibjVCSbY5IEnn2.gif

Is...is this a shoot?

Your presence will be sorely missed, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bionic's not leaving.

He might try to wait out his WrassleGAF contract but he's still under our employ. Every appearance he makes gaming-side still pulls us merch numbers.

jmdajr

True story:

My wife does freelance editing. As in, she edits articles and other documents. She is part of a website that offers freelance editing jobs. She recently received an email stating that they had 15 WWE articles that needed to be edited/written. The job details were that the articles should be written in blog format, for example "Hi I'm Chris, I love WWE, blah blah blah" (Actual example given.) The job offer then links to example "blogs" they are looking for. All of the examples where blogs from fans stating how awesome and easy the WWE Network is to use. It sounds like WWE is trying to promote their network through fake blogs.

It's too bad we real fans can't read or write properly. Missing out on that pay :\

jred2k

The Network is actually super hard to use though. I have to watch that Bellas flight attendant video all the time to make sure I don't use my device wrong and set my house on fire.

True story:

My wife does freelance editing. As in, she edits articles and other documents. She is part of a website that offers freelance editing jobs. She recently received an email stating that they had 15 WWE articles that needed to be edited/written. The job details were that the articles should be written in blog format, for example "Hi I'm Chris, I love WWE, blah blah blah" (Actual example given.) The job offer then links to example "blogs" they are looking for. All of the examples were about how awesome and easy the WWE Network is to use. It sounds like WWE is trying to promote their network through fake blogs.

Where can I sign up? I wonder if there are any openings for writing the tweets that scroll across the bottom of the screen on #Raw as well.

welcome back stro

Woah, shit - welcome back Stro! Goddamn, Vince working his magic.

In other news, that freaking BOLA line-up!! Dude;

PWG - Battle of Los Angeles 2014

Night 1 -

. Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole & The Young Bucks) vs Best Friends of Low Moral Fibre (Kenny Omega, Chuck Taylor & Trent?)
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Drew Gulak vs Kyle O'Reilly
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: AR Fox vs Brian Cage
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Biff Busick vs Roderick Strong
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Michael Elgin vs Tomasso Ciampa
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Trevor Lee vs Cedric Alexander
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: AJ Styles vs Brian Myers
. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs World's Cutest Tag Team (Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae) vs Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann)

Night 2 -

. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: ACH vs Kenny Omega
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Adam Cole
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Trent? vs Rich Swann
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Gargano
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Matt Sydal vs Chris Hero
. Battle of Los Angeles 2014: Ricochet vs Chris Sabin
. Drew Gulak & Biff Busick vs The Unbreakable F'n Machines (Michael Elgin & Brian Cage)

delicious

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Mighty No 9 blowback is exactly what needed to happen to people who thought Kickstarters were all developers being their buddies, and that only the big bad publisher wants your money.

Mega Man fans completely deserve this.

The Mighty No 9 blowback is exactly what needed to happen to people who thought Kickstarters were all developers being their buddies, and that only the big bad publisher wants your money.

Mega Man fans completely deserve this.

Especially when you remember the last time this shit happened with the Skullgirls Kickstarter, and everyone bitching got a nice case of reality when they found out how much making games really fucking cost

Deal with it, jobbers.

Other points: Wtf that thread is terrifying, and Kelly/Beth are on that Then & Now thing OH NO. Also Layla with frizzy hair was always odd to me

They so fucking do. Lol when it happened I had friends that were all like "ITS NOT JUST A KICKSTARTER ITS A REVOLUTION"

Yeah, a revolution that just reaffirms that the vocal gamers actually are fine with pandering, so long as its pandering to them specifically.

Paaahhhhhhhhh-thetic.

Also: Jericho bragging about his fozzy songs being on the top 10 most played in strip clubs, list :|

jred2k

¡HarlequinPanic!;120334111 said:
Also: Jericho bragging about his fozzy songs being on the top 10 most played in strip clubs, list :|

The title of their next album should be 'Pre-Cum Music'.

He bloody well better be! Or it's the knackers yard for him and we'll be selling Andy Carroll Superglue in the club shop to recoup some of that £16m we spunked on him.

I'm quite pleased with our current signings. No idea who any of them are, obviously, but that's half the fun - foreign bloke, cost a bit, looks good on youtube, could potentially be an embarrassment or a revelation.

West Ham to claw out of relegation on the last match day.

...source? >_>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW6A_hV6Sx0&feature=kp

Ah Malenko. He was fun to watch.

What the heck is the name of that knee lift move he always used to do? Kinda looks like a spinning heel kick. It's still used today. I'm just curious as I never knew what to call it.

Edit: Thanks, Carnby. I was half joking but I am in the job market atm, so any tips are surely welcome.

in other words, VEGAS. yeah baybeee

Have fun you bastard!

In other news, UStream has commented on the iPPV thing

USTREAM has provided LiveAudioWrestling.com an official announcement regarding iPPVs on their system:

We are sad to tell you that we have decided to shut down our Pay-Per-View (PPV) feature on October 1st, 2014.

It’s always a tough decision to discontinue any feature, but we want to direct our resources to focus on other features and continue providing the best live streaming platform possible.

Here’s what you can expect:

July 9th, 2014 we will no longer allow scheduling of PPV events past September 30th.

September 14th, 2014 PPV event creation will be disabled.

October 1st, 2014 we will shut down our PPV product, remove all PPV events and make all public PPV videos private videos.

October 30th, 2014 all PayPal payments to broadcasters for ticket sales will be complete.

tldr; G1 LIVES

jmdajr

Last Fozzy record was pretty damn solid. I'll probbaly get the new one as well.

I don't listen to as much metal these days or music in general, but I was a huge metal head growing up. I love all of Jericho's musician interviews, they bring back memories. Listening to the Vinnie Paul interview... man, it was such a sad day when Dime died.

Me and my friends loved listening to Panetra, almost dying in the mosh pits at the shows, and laughing our asses off at the home videos. That was the closest thing to jackass back then.

I know a lot of people don't like Panetra because they influenced nu-metal and all that, but my taste in metal has always been pretty varied.

anwyays

DMczaf

True story:

I thought what the $5 XBLM Gamestop thread has become was struggle, but WWE again shows the true meaning of struggle.

Cagey

Banned
True story:

If she's contacted to write any fake positive reviews, that's actually illegal in New York State, and given the WWE clearly advertises and sells its services to New Yorkers...

That'd be one hell of a funny target to send my old boss.

Last Fozzy record was pretty damn solid. I'll probbaly get the new one as well.

I don't listen to as much metal these days or music in general, but I was a huge metal head growing up. I love all of Jericho's musician interviews, they bring back memories. Listening to the Vinnie Paul interview... man, it was such a sad die when Dime died.

Me and my friends loved listening to Panetra, almost dying in the mosh pits at the shows, and laughing our asses off at the home videos. That was the closest thing to jackass back then.

I know a lot of people don't like Panetra because they influenced nu-metal and all that, but my taste in metal has always been pretty varied.

anwyays

I like his musician interviews that I heard also. Vinnie Paul was a standout but I think it ran overlong. A nitpick, really.

NuMetal is eh but man do I have a soft spot for Pantera, Used to try playing their version of The Badge with a band I was in but I'd always end up giving up on the growling like halfway through :X

Top Bottom