• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ustream decided at the end of the day that making money was best for business and dropping the hassle of catering to the nichest of niche fans, people who watch Japanese pro wrestling? I don't see the problem here.

05_20140708_CATS_BROCK_HEYMAN.jpg

07_20140708_CATS_WYATTS.jpg

09_20140708_CATS_ZEB.jpg

13_20140708_CATS_ORTON.jpg

15_20140708_CATS_CESARO_DB.jpg

17_20140708_CATS_RVDBARRETT.jpg

22_20140708_CATS_ROLLINSAMBROSE.jpg

01_20140708_CATS_SHEAMUS.jpg

04_20140708_CATS_BO.jpg

jred2k

So the crew have to pay for their hotels now, but the person putting cat heads on wrestlers still has a job? What a weird company.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So the crew have to pay for their hotels now, but the person putting cat heads on wrestlers still has a job? What a weird company.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

JavyOO7

I love all the John Sina .gifs except for the one where he's saluting The Rock after their Wrestlemania match. Whereas all the other ones posted in this thread are pretty hilarious, that particular one gives me a huge cringe feel. I hate it.

the-rock-and-john-cena.gif

Bowser

I love all the John Sina .gifs except for the one where he's saluting The Rock after their Wrestlemania match. Whereas all the other ones posted in this thread are pretty hilarious, that particular one gives me a huge cringe feel. I hate it.

http://s1.jrnl.ie/media/2013/04/the-rock-and-john-cena.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

You can tell this is how the Rock feels inside:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6HI5Rf0.gif

Branson

Especially since the Rocks abs were basically ripped apart and needed surgery.

And he was booed mercilessly the next night before RAW because he wasn't showing up, rofl. Fans are something else.

To be fair, we had no idea why he wasn't showing up.

well i remember people speculating HE LEFT BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT TO LOSE TO CENA LMAOFUCKTHISCOMPANY

he was fucking injured you dumbshits

Someone's jealous that they weren't a part of the Slammy Award Winning Raw After Wrestlemania 29 Crowd.

Cagey

Banned
Didn't they announce that he torn his abductor on Raw that night to the crowd? I think people were booing because of all of the dirt sheet speculation that ended up being completely wrong.

My memory is sketchy, but I'm pretty sure that there was an announcement.

From people around me, the sentiment was that they believed DASHEETZ and/or thought he pussied out from showing up to get booed, not believing the injury to be anything remotely serious and thinking the injury was BS excuse.

At least we put on a Slammy Award Winning Performance once the show started.

jmdajr

I remember that mania match got extreme heat here. Everyone thought it was piss poor even though I felt it didn't come out as bad live.

Not sure if folks are willing to give Rock a pass now knowing what happened.

Rock will make the same masculinity questioning joke implying Bo is gay and gay is bad about 4 times.

Does he actually do this?

I'd like to see that too
He had a segment with Sandow his last run that I don't remember hating. I kinda wish he had more with Daniel Bryan instead of a feud with Punk.

Edit:
My memory is sketchy, but I'm pretty sure that there was an announcement.

From people around me, the sentiment was that they believed DASHEETZ and/or thought he pussied out from showing up to get booed, not believing the injury to be anything remotely serious and thinking the injury was BS excuse.

At least we put on a Slammy Award Winning Performance once the show started.

Yeah, that's what I thought happened too. The rumors made no sense cause The Rock has never had any issues with anyone there.

Sephzilla

Well for one he's probably hurting right here. Secondly, it's cringe worthy because I don't think Rock wanted his arm raised along with Cena. The whole moment looks forced as fuck.

Cagey

Banned
I remember that mania match got extreme heat here. Everyone thought it was piss poor even though I felt it didn't come out as bad live.

He's The Rock. He gets a lifetime pass because he's The Rock.

DMczaf

Has Cena done anything in the flow in the last 6-7 years? Everything he does feels scripted. Just look at that Rock moment, it looks like he was told before the match by Vince to do every single movement you see. There is no emotion there, no feeling. He's on cruise control.

I remember when I thought his little talks with the camera during his entrance were cool, then I realized after 567 of them where he delivers the lines the EXACT same way that he scripts the fuck out of those too.

jmdajr

Well for one he's probably hurting right here. Secondly, it's cringe worthy because I don't think Rock wanted his arm raised along with Cena. The whole moment looks forced as fuck.

Well yeah. Rock was still shook from when Cena called out his wrist note taking.

Everything with john fucking cena feels forced.

See:

• John Cena and The Rock do the Rock/Hogan staredown at their first match
  • John Cena and Roman Reigns staredown at Money in the Bank that went off like a wet fart
  • Literally pick anything with John Cena, the FANS DON'T LIKE HIM SO HE CAN'T REACT TO THE CROWD SO THE COMPANY HAS TO SCRIPT ANY ORGANIC MOMENT THERE COULD BE

jmdajr

Has Cena done anything in the flow in the last 6-7 years? Everything he does feels scripted. Just look at that Rock moment, it looks like he was told before the match by Vince to do every single movement you see. There is no emotion there, no feeling. He's on cruise control.

After Brock match he seemed pretty real. Then he got a good nights rest and he snapped out of it.

jred2k

I think that is the look of Rock knowing that a 35-year-old 13 time champion doesn't need the torch passed to him.

It doesn't matter if folks will give it a pass.

But seriously, not being able to have a good match with John Cena is not reflective of Cena's opponent regardless of injury, especially when Cena is going over. You can be building all the heat you want and then Cena will pop up from a DDT on the concrete and fuck up the whole thing.

I remember when I thought his little talks with the camera during his entrance were cool, then I realized after 567 of them where he delivers the lines the EXACT same way that he scripts the fuck out of those too.

I remember them doing a staredown at a press event and Cena was just acting goofy. It seemed like The Rock wanted to make the feud more serious than Cena could handle.

I think that is the look of Rock knowing that a 35-year-old 13 time champion doesn't need the torch passed to him.

Pretty much.

Sephzilla

I still have my theories that Rock was asked to tone down his promos a little bit so he didn't end up completely burying Cena a la Billy Gunn any time they got in a promo war with each other. Those first few promos Rock cut against Cena were golden and Cena couldn't match him what so ever, then after that it was like a switch got flipped and suddenly Rock wasn't cutting as great of promos and Cena was suddenly holding his own.

The Rock/Cena "notes on your wrist" thing felt like a very forced "See, Cena can hold his own against Rock" moment. No way in hell that Rock, a guy who was known as a promo machine during his WWE career and a guy who makes his paychecks now through memorizing lines for movies, has to write fucking cliff-notes for an 8 minute promo on his wrists.

Top Bottom