• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

jred2k

He'll compare him to poor quality fast food and call him "Bo-ger King" or "Bo-ston Market"

"Bo-ston Market? Trending on Twitter."

Well, Bo-ner has already been used so he'd have to have a fresh take on Bo puns. Definitely needs to make fun of his flabby belly and man tits.

John+Cena+WrestleMania+29+Press+Conference+izEREhOojjml.jpg

Is this from Twice in a Lifetime? I thought the press event was outside in the bright ass sun.

Gorillaz

I don't know where it was said here or somewhere, but I do believe in the idea that Cena's ego probably won't be able to get over the fact that he will most likely not ever be given "Rock" status in mainstream.

jmdajr

I still have my theories that Rock was asked to tone down his promos a little bit so he didn't end up completely burying Cena a la Billy Gunn any time they got in a promo war with each other. Those first few promos Rock cut against Cena were golden and Cena couldn't match him what so ever, then after that it was like a switch got flipped and suddenly Rock wasn't cutting as great of promos and Cena was suddenly holding his own.

The Rock/Cena "notes on your wrist" thing felt like a very forced "See, Cena can hold his own against Rock" moment. No way in hell that Rock, a guy who was known as a promo machine during his WWE career and a guy who makes his paychecks now through memorizing lines for movies, has to write fucking cliff-notes for an 8 minute promo on his wrists.

No need for lengthy explanation. Obviously we were all legit shook.

Yeah, I'd maybe give the edge on gay jokes to Rock.

Sephzilla

I don't know where it was said here or somewhere, but I do believe in the idea that Cena's ego probably won't be able to get over the fact that he will most likely not ever be given "Rock" status in mainstream.

He's not even remotely close to Rock's level of mainstream. Hell he's not even in Austin's or Hogan's league in terms of mainstream appeal. The only way Cena tends to get into movies at all is if Vince is paying his way in.

EDIT: TOP FIVE MAINSTREAM APPEAL WRASSLERS
1- Rock
2- Hogan
3- Austin
4- Macho Man
5- Cena

Yeah The Rock did the wrist notes thing so Cena could score some points on him.... that's the fucking point dude.
He also let Cena do wrestling moves to him.

jmdajr

He's not even remotely close to Rock's level of mainstream. Hell he's not even in Austin's or Hogan's league in terms of mainstream appeal. The only way Cena tends to get into movies at all is if Vince is paying his way in.

1- Rock
2- Hogan
3- Austin
4- Macho Man
5- Cena

But Fruity Pebbles man

jred2k

1- Rock
2- Hogan
3- Austin
4- Macho Man
5- Cena

Andre is higher than Cena for sure. Piper should probably be put ahead of Cena as well.

DMczaf

We have a damn popular mainstream term now because of that Rock wrist notes thing. That's how hard some people fell for that shit.

jmdajr

Has Cena ever been shook? Physically and Mentally he just keeps going.

It's either incredible mental fortitude...or mental insanity.

Hasney

Andre is higher than Cena for sure. Piper should probably be put ahead of Cena as well.

Jericho higher or lower than Cena do you think? I honestly have no idea how popular Fozzy is since they're a bit shit, but didn't he do a lot of VH1 and some other US TV shit as well? Think that counts for more than any WWE Studios film (sorry Miz).

I still have my theories that Rock was asked to tone down his promos a little bit so he didn't end up completely burying Cena a la Billy Gunn any time they got in a promo war with each other. Those first few promos Rock cut against Cena were golden and Cena couldn't match him what so ever, then after that it was like a switch got flipped and suddenly Rock wasn't cutting as great of promos and Cena was suddenly holding his own.

As if you'd have to try hard to match "Barney's anus" and "Fruity Pebbles". The funniest thing he had that first night was "U can't shee mee! Can u shee me? :(" Dude wasn't trying at all.

Rock was pulling the same shit he'd done since he stopped doing Hollywood Rock - long ass promos and insults that made no sense (Kung-Pow Bitch = Popcorn Fart)

Top Bottom