• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Today's 2 Sweet news

BsKeTS-CcAAyIcj.jpg

What a legend. Dude deserves so much more credit.

joelseph

Gotta have some way to hide his blandness. Without the cars and a personal ring announcer....what do you have?

I used to feel this way but recently I have found myself really getting into his matches. I don't know if they are just giving him the long ones or what but the last couple weeks he has put on some great ones. The match on July 4th Smackdown vs Sheamus for example. Ending was a little weak but the rest of the match was great.

Carnby

I love all the John Sina .gifs except for the one where he's saluting The Rock after their Wrestlemania match. Whereas all the other ones posted in this thread are pretty hilarious, that particular one gives me a huge cringe feel. I hate it.

the-rock-and-john-cena.gif

And the crowed goes muted!

RP912

Banned
ADR only lost his cars because he tried to kill Santa with one.

Smh that segment. You push the poor guy to be a face only to make him a bastard by running over santa when he was at fault...only for cena to finger point at his chest and have a match with him.

I used to feel this way but recently I have found myself really getting into his matches. I don't know if they are just giving him the long ones or what but the last couple weeks he has put on some great ones. The match on July 4th Smackdown vs Sheamus for example. Ending was a little weak but the rest of the match was great.

Don't get me wrong...del rio is good at times but his character....or lack there of just kills the entire concept of his matches. It's like watching a default caw on wwf attitude for the ps1 trying to wrestle headbanger mosh.

Alucard

Banned
Fave Five Canadian Wrestlers:

1. Bret Hart
2. Chris Jericho
3. Owen Hart
4. ***** ******
5. Lance Storm

----------

Honourable mentions:

Kevin Steen
Sami Zayn
Petey Williams
Edge and Christian
Trish Stratus
Kyle O'Reilly
Michael Elgin
Gail Kim

Carnby

Remember when Jinder was also foreign and rich?

Remember when he feuded with Ted Dibiase Jr. because Ted was too generous. LOL. The Christmas episode of smackdown was hilarious. Ted was handing gifts to the crowd and Jinder was furious. He lost a match because of it.

This was when Dibiase had the "Dibiase Posse" gimmick.

joelseph

Don't get me wrong...del rio is good at times but his character....or lack there of just kills the entire concept of his matches. It's like watching a default caw on wwf attitude for the ps1 trying to wrestle headbanger mosh.

I can get behind that. Do you think it is ADR's fault or WWE? One party is negligent yes?

Okay I finished that Atlantic article and it's pretty good, but there's a lot of stretching here to fit their narrative:

The only person of African descent ever named world champion was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, a special case. Half Samoan and half African-Canadian, Johnson identifies as Samoan and comes from a line of famous wrestlers. As WWE's first third-generation fighter, he was allowed a narrative that reflected his specific family history, not the mere fact of his race.*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I bring up how a black woman was passed over the Divas title to be given to a pale white girl instead in that thread?

jmdajr

In an analysis of National Football League commentary, it was found that sports media figures are more likely to refer to a white athlete as a student of the game or a technician, while they will refer to a black athlete as a “beast,” an “animal,” or a “machine.”

Hmmm. Well it's messed up but true. Never hear the word beasting too much for any White football players. "PEYTON MANNING IS BEASTING!"

Top Bottom