• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

dream

That's just for the change to be processed. It took longer than five minutes for me to go back and change it, which I made darn sure to keep refreshing until I could instead of putting it off until later and forgetting about it like those con-men at Titan Towers had hoped.

You can really tell that this wretched company thinks of their customers as "marks" to be "worked." The worst part is, I don't think they're wrong.

Wow@them trying to hoodwink us into another six months of this shitty service.

ghostmind

Marginalizes guys. No.

So we can have another Daniel Bryan type program, and keep on having a mid card of really talented guys who do not match up well against what WWE sees as Heavyweight championship contenders? The rest of them need something to pursue, instead of these silly contrived reasons to fight each other.

Other feds make it work (for example NJPW with both the Jr. heavyweight and. Jr. tag titles). Why not WWE.

The US title is a dumb idea.

The intercontinental title is also rather dumb these days, unless the holder of said title is willing/able to defend it in other territories.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They can join the ranks of classic Cena tag teams like Cena/HBK, Cena/Otunga and Cena/Miz.
I feel that Cena and the demon Kane would be an excellent way to merge the traditional tag team tropes of both wrestlers, plus Kane will never beat Cena so if you can't beat them, join them. Cenation Kane will be his next personality shift and when the alliance ends it will present more fresh odds for Cena to overcome, can he defeat friendship? the answer is yes, yes he can.

I'll allow it provided we get a lime green decal'd out Cenation Kane before they split.

Doc Duncan is so far off the reservation that he learned to ride a bike, after more than two decades of never having the inclination to do so, and suffered a serious injury requiring surgery as a result of an apparent self-harm and imitation of his hero, Daniel Bryan, who also suffered a serious injury.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ManGod are you about to make a Cena CAW in No mercy? Are CAW even possible in No Mercy?

damn

Wrestlemania 2000 and it's sequel, No Mercy, were the games that really introduced Fire Pro Wrestling style CAW to the US. WWF Warzone had an okay one but you could only select pre determined movelists while W2K and No Mercy went full on pick your damn moves.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They can join the ranks of classic Cena tag teams like Cena/HBK, Cena/Otunga and Cena/Miz.
I feel that Cena and the demon Kane would be an excellent way to merge the traditional tag team tropes of both wrestlers, plus Kane will never beat Cena so if you can't beat them, join them. Cenation Kane will be his next personality shift and when the alliance ends it will present more fresh odds for Cena to overcome, can he defeat friendship? the answer is yes, yes he can.
How do you come up with this stuff? It's all genius.

So we can have another Daniel Bryan type program, and keep on having a mid card of really talented guys who do not match up well against what WWE sees as Heavyweight championship contenders? The rest of them need something to pursue, instead of these silly contrived reasons to fight each other.

Other feds make it work (for example NJPW with both the Jr. heavyweight and. Jr. tag titles). Why not WWE.

The US title is a dumb idea.

The intercontinental title is also rather dumb these days, unless the holder of said title is willing/able to defend it in other territories.

If WWE wanted to book a competent midcard, they would. Fact is, they won't. I don't see how creating a new division that will allow them to marginalize guys will help. It'll be just another "oh we found your spot and you will not be any more than this" excuse.

the Cruiser title is a necessity to give small guys like Bryan, Kidd and the giant eared motherfucker from NXT something to do.

How do you come up with this stuff? It's all genius.

It helps that Kane is the most adaptive superstar in WWE history who owes his longevity to his ability to retool his gimmick to fit the time period, sometimes in extreme ways unlike his bro who hasn't budged since 2004. Why just look how much heat he generates from Wrasslegaf as the authority's main mook, he found a way to be an hated heel and main event in 2014 while still putting people over, Khameleon Kane will outlast all.
So really you can slot him in any role and know that Kane could make it work.

zychi

Banned
When will wwe be able to put raws and sds up the next day? I also want all of wcw soon.

If wwe does both of these before august, ill keep my sub going. If they don't i'm out and back to lamps. I'd rather put the $10/mo towards my console games fund.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It helps that Kane is the most adaptive superstar in WWE history who owes his longevity to his ability to retool his gimmick to fit the time period, sometimes in extreme ways unlike his bro who hasn't budged since 2004. Why just look how much heat he generates from Wrasslegaf as the authority's main mook, he found a way to be an hated heel and main event in 2014 while still putting people over, Khameleon Kane will outlast all.
So really you can slot him in any role and know that Kane could make it work.

We can merge two thread ideas and also have Kruiserweight Kane, doing a reverse Crash Holly and pretending to make weight each week.

The cruiserweight title was so bare bones:
wwecrusierweightcloselock.jpg

WCW had a globe AND eagles:
wcwcw.png

eagles/globes = CREDIBILITY

JavyOO7

I find ton of value with the network right now even if the current product isn't so hot. I wish this was an under taking other feds around the world could take advantage of. Maybe if they could get their egos aside there could be a indy wrestling network with such feds like ROH, PWG, Chikara, etc etc? Maybe the Mexican/European/Japanese feds could do such a thing?

With the network, yeah the drip feed is quite annoying. But I can be patient. Its a steal for everything it offers. The PPVs past and present, the neat Legend of Wrestling stuff, when the cards are written well Main Event and NXT are pretty good. Just the old stuff I'm perfectly fine with. Give me stuff I've never seen before or haven't seen in ages in great viewing quality like SNME, Wrestling Challenge, old Superstars... etc.

But honestly, before any more content is put up, WWE network development team really have to fix their video player and the features. Just rip off Netflix, bro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It sucks that a bunch of WCW PPVS (pretty much every single one from 1998 to 2001) were indexed by fight (though almost everyone has a giant black hole whenever Chris Benoit had a match) but the earlier stuff is woefully unorganized.

So if every PPV essentially costs the same now with the network, couldn't WWE experiment and try to main event some PPVs with other titles? I know they won't but I think it would be a good incentive to try and give other titles some prestige.

So if every PPV essentially costs the same now with the network, couldn't WWE experiment and try to main event some PPVs with other titles? I know they won't but I think it would be a good incentive to try and give other titles some prestige.

No. They could, yes, but they won't. Hell, it's not even a given a title match will main event every PPV.

Vylash

That would be cool, so of course they won't do it

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Thing is, you wouldn't like what they'd have to do get this to fly, namely give these belts to Cena/Orton/Bryan type characters.

...that being said I'd love a storyline where the Authority tries to appease Bryan with various belts, especially if they start low by bringing back the European/Cruiserweight/Hardcore belts.

dream

Remember when Rey Mysterio Jr. was "WWE World Champion," Lamba? And this wretched company whose entire business is predicated on insulting their fans' intelligence realized that even they couldn't go that far and had to rename the title?

jesus, this again.

some guys are big, some guys are small. keep them apart. WCW did this and it was amazing.

your favorite wrestler is a goddamn midget, deal with it.

Remember when Rey Mysterio Jr. was "WWE World Champion," Lamba? And this wretched company whose entire business is predicated on insulting their fans' intelligence realized that even they couldn't go that far and had to rename the title?

Nice to know you've both gone all in with the gimmick. Deal with the fact that size matters less now than it ever has in the history of wrestling. You may not realize it but: It's fake, friends.

New Japan started doing this and it has worked out well for them.
That business model was what I was thinking of. I mean Kizuna Road's main event was a 30 min match for the NEVER openweight title. It's hardly new japan's top title, hell it isn't even their 2nd top, but it's still a TITLE dammit. That's the kind of thinking I can get behind.

¡HarlequinPanic!;119170349 said:
Completely forgot cruiserweight belt lived into the WWE name change.

I think the Cruiserweight Belt survived until about 2006 or so...

EDIT: 2008. Hornswoggle was the last champion. The last defense was on August 31, 2007 when Hornswoggle successfully defended against Jamie Noble.

That business model was what I was thinking of. I mean Kizuna Road's main event was a 30 min match for the NEVER openweight title. It's hardly new japan's top title, hell it isn't even their 2nd top, but it's still a TITLE dammit. That's the kind of thinking I can get behind.

well it would require wwe to push talent instead of the regualr guys. midcard chaps are just special jobbers now. Ambrose vs Rollins could easily main event battleground if they wanted to . WWE should treat PPVS more lile Clash of Champions than ppv

jred2k

This "Excuse Me" Countdown is fucking appalling. WWE is scraping every last inch out of every she's fat/gross joke they ever made.And it's all in the name of "honouring her".

do i!

remember the only memorable match he had was against fuckin Sabu of all people?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in YEEEEEE HAW Tulsa OK and have heard it uttered in real life. By me. To my friends.

>_>

I said it to my friends and they went "huh?" and it was stupid.

This "Excuse Me" Countdown is fucking appalling. WWE is scraping every last inch out of every she's fat/gross joke they ever made.And it's all in the name of "honouring her".

No :/ I was hoping it would be something nice. :/

Top Bottom