• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Hasney

Finally. We can find out who is the supreme Sting.

Do we judge it by whichever model glitches the least?

New Paige

5f5091bb651f2fb8b056a414aa7204d4.gif

what are even the ongoing costs of hosting the wwe network once it's all set up

i'm always baffled by these gigantic sums companies pay for internet presence.

it's just a basic streaming site, seems like.

Showaddy

Pretty sure it's been said they need 1 million subs to turn a profit.

Hasney

A basic streaming site in the US that hopes to get 1 million people with live content needs multiple data centres and that adds up quick. Think about it, when a PPV is on, you've got multiple people requesting HD video at the same time and there cannot be hiccups or subscriptions would be cancelled.

Now add the cost of hiring a third party to do it and take their cut as well.

UberTag

Not showing a single gameplay vid or screenshot for WWE2K15 doesn't exactly scream confidence.
Why should 2K treat WWE's audience any better than the WWE treats their audience?
This game screams of a marketing smokescreen designed to hide the actual product in advance of its release.
But they probably figure their likely customers are too dumb to realize it and they're probably right.

Sid

Why should 2K treat WWE's audience any better than the WWE treats their audience?
This game screams of a marketing smokescreen designed to hide the actual product in advance of its release.
But they probably figure their likely customers are too dumb to realize it and they're probably right.
Because it's best for business?

KissVibes

Banned
WHY DOESN'T THE MIZ HAVE EYES?

Jared's good people. I'll believe him.

#OPTIMISM

#EVENBETTER

Jared is good people but he also has a job to do - sell WWE 2k15

Still has Yukes developing it, is cross generation, only things we know about the content of the game are that John Cena is on the cover & in the game, Darren Young is in the game, and if you blindly pre-order you'll get two generations of Sting. One of them possibly wearing a shirt.

When Ultimate Warrior was announced as being in the game we got footage. Not even a quick flash of the Sting model in last nights video. Which was really cool and well done, I got goosebumps, even as someone that doesn't have love for Sting. I just wish we got some PS4/XB1 gameplay with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmjBesg4-8

And why the fuck isn't WWE 2k15 on PC? NBA is.

I fear recent Raws will cause the destruction of my fast forward button from heavy overuse.

I don't watch wrestling, but I saw this on tumblr and laughed for a few minutes:

This was infinitely more entertaining than Raw.
Oh damn I just realised, these odds Cena couldn't overcome!

Which is worst from last night? WWE's begging, pleading for WWE Network sign ups, the fact that the faces made no move to get to the back to help Ambrose or the Sonic shilling?

Oh, I loved how quickly that Sting pop turned to boos.

orton's on the backburner right now which is smart, he is starting to get pops cos he's an innately hatable heel

ambrose needs some catchphrases to crystalis his pops

reigns is okay, also needs a catchphrase. his wrestling style is basically made up of a few physical catchphrases and a snappy phrase based promo style would work well for him.

that's my pop or flop update after watching the first 20 minutes of raw.

BHZ Mayor

Why no gameplay footage yet? Fuck how the game looks for a second.

What about how it plays?
What about the physics glitches?
What about submissions being broken?
What about Royal Rumble being broken?
What about created finishers being weak as fuck?
What about the limited set of moves for created finishers?
What about no created submissions?
What about only being limited to 2 per character?
What about still having no facial scanning feature for CAWs?
What about no created taunts or custom titantrons?
What about all the textures (clothing, hair, title belts, etc.) clipping through each other?
Why no tag matches above 2 v 2 v 2?

Edit: Meant to post this in the game thread.

Sid

Why does the presentation of WWE games look so atrocious in the first place? is WWE not willing to give the required budget?I mean this is one of TNA Impact's character models from 2008

tna-impact-20071009103523561.jpg

Son Of D

Just watching Raw. Thoughts so far:

- So Cena and Reigns did nothing to help Ambrose. Wouldn't be surprised if they were just watching the beat down.
- Sheamus lost? To Miz of all people? Well in WWE this means that Sheamus is winning the IC title on Sunday.
- Ziggler got lucky it seems. Not only did he get a victory he got Layla and Summer Rae. No idea where this is going now though.
- So it looks like Adam Rose's character is just product placement now. Eh, the less of him the better.

Hasney

Why does the presentation of WWE games look so atrocious in the first place? is WWE not willing to give the required budget?I mean this is one of TNA Impact's character models from 2008

Yeah, using Unreal Engine instead of a Yukes-made engine. WWE budget has nothing to do with it and it was all THQ/Yukes.

Joeki11a

Banned

Why didnt you post in game sting character?, that looked amazing

People need to go back and play Impact, it looked fine, but not this good.

For the latest game, Visual Concepts has been scanning the models in using the same process as NBA 2k. Apparently the lighting engine has been redone and there will be 5 times the animations as in previous games. Those features will be for the next gen version only and Yukes is still handling the wrestling engine.

TNA Impact

They were on to something with the TNA engine but the movesets were absolute shit.

Sid

For the latest game, Visual Concepts has been scanning the models in using the same process as NBA 2k. Apparently the lighting engine has been redone and there will be 5 times the animations as in previous games. Those features will be for the next gen version only and Yukes is still handling the wrestling engine.
Source?

Joeki11a

Banned

TNA Impact

They were on to something with the TNA engine but the movesets were absolute shit.

Actually it did look like that, calibrate your tv

This games only highlight was the graphics

It was rushed to market and was barebones

If it had a sequel coming it would be better.

Character models took a shit quality-wise after the relationship between WWE and Jakks Pacific ended which in turn ended their working with THQ on the games (along with a nice lawsuit between the three) which I'm still pretty sure had something to do with it, perhaps the scan data they had came from Jakks and the lost access to it. Only way I can explain how much model quality dropped or stagnated despite more capable hardware and characters having good looking models before well and perhaps coupled with a budget cut and general incompetence in management on THQ's side.

It's going to be really interesting to see how models look this year seeing as they're being scanned and there was talk that adding characters would be easier/faster this time around to make the game closer to being up to date compared to the last several entries with this much earlier cutoff, anything but a huge leap is going to be a disappointment IMO.

Actually it did look like that, calibrate your tv

This games only highlight was the graphics

It was rushed to market and was barebones

If it had a sequel coming it would be better.

If I find another copy for cheap I'll grab it for my PS3. My TVs are always calibrated and I don't remember the game looking like that at all.

I will reserve judgement until I give it another look that isn't years removed.

This is what I recall it looking like.

I was pretty damn excited for a sequel at the time so that they could fix all the issues they had after rushing out the first one.

RP912

Banned
TNA Impact was such a slept on game. 60fps, detailed graphics, and etc. The only issues were the meh story mode, the brain dead tag team gameplay, and the fact that the game was barebones. The reversal system was godtier...it felt so natural.

I'm just thinking of preordering the game because.....sting....and hopefully a sting mode where I can play as sting throughout the nwa/wcw timeline from starrcade to the last nitro. I'm going to be optimistic this time around about the graphics and etc...as long as there's barely any glitches like wwe 2k14 then I'm good.

Hope slowly rising

Yukes still handling the wrasslin' though.

I'm hoping VC takes over completely next year.

I'm curious what the new graphics engine means for the Create-a-modes. Despite the shit gameplay, I still manage to get hours out of those modes every year.

Top Bottom