• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Main event is announces as Dean/Roman/Cena vs Rollins/Kane/Orton. It's brought up that The Authority always has a plan, and that tensions are building with Roman and Cena. Dean gets beaten up by the heels and taken out of the match. Authority's plan is successful. More tension builds between Cena and Roman. Main event happens, breaks down with the 4 guys in the main event at the PPV fighting each other. Seth is knocked out of the ring and doesn't return, because the focus isn't on his match with Dean, but in hyping the main event of the PPV 6 days away.

I can't believe how berried Dean and Seth were last night. Really disgusting ego play.

what to do with all this sense you are making

Gonzalez

Banned
C'mon, guys. Flair was sober last night. He's just a crazy old man.

So is JBL a heel commentator or not? It seems like he is at times, but then he pops for Reigns. It's like they want him to be a heel, but Vince can't risk the audience turning against his new golden boy. Although, come to think of it, he pops for other faces like the Usos too. He approves of Bo Dallas but despises Adam Rose. It's kinda confusing. I guess I shouldn't get too hung up on the heel/face distinction. It's passe as Vince would say.

They really don't want any negative commentary with their most marketable stars anymore. Except of course if you are Daniel Bryan.

Rusev vs Swagger stuff was fire last night. Who would have thought.

Ah yeah, that wasn't too bad. It's fun how much the crowd is into it, but I kinda resent the push Swagger is getting. He still has no personality and is apparently dangerous to work with. I did kinda pop for Big E getting the win over Ceasaro, although I enjoy both as performers. I'm a friggin mark and I fully admit it.

They really don't want any negative commentary with their most marketable stars anymore. Except of course if you are Daniel Bryan.

Yeah, that's definitely it. It really detracts from the product - for me at least. Between that and the network shilling, the announcers come off as complete ventriloquist dummies.

joelseph

The Rusev feud is boring. Why did they have him face Roman at Smackdown on Friday? Why the slow build when they have heat? This would work just as well on a RAW. Let them fight.

The Rusev feud is boring. Why did they have him face Roman at Smackdown on Friday? Why the slow build when they have heat? This would work just as well on a RAW. Let them fight.

Just so you know Reigns could take out Rusev if he really wanted to. Oddly enough, Rusev did slowly arise from the Superman Punch. Is the spear actually Reigns' primary finisher?

bjork

Someone should call whoever controls Superman and let them know WWE is infringing on their trademark. Blurred punches and audio edits future replays.

Malvingt2

I know anyone can have a bad night in the ring but now that Reigns doing things solo, you can tell that he needs a lot of work in the ring. Raw power is not everything.

Joeki11a

Banned
That man owes a lot to Dutch.

No he doesnt, he was a world champ before
Also this we the people gimmick was going,
to be huge as heel starus goes, then he ruined
It by gettig arrested.

Weirdest part was Dutch and Swag breaking kayfabe coming at Glen Beck.

Mahonay

Banned
Nope. No idea why he is getting such a push while they bury dudes like Cesaro.
I love Cesaro but he needs to learn how to do mic work. Even if he corpses every god damn time, Bryan at least got himself moderately confident in doing promos.

Normally I'd say it doesn't matter because Cesaro's with Heyman, but that pairing has been extremely lukewarm. Hasn't made sense from the start.

strobogo

Banned
It by gettig arrested.

He owes everything to Dutch because with out him, the gimmick never would have started or taken off to begin with. No one gave a shit about anything Swagger was involved in for years, even as champion, until he had Zeb talking for him.

Mahonay

Banned
He owes everything to Dutch because with out him, the gimmick never would have started or taken off to begin with. No one gave a shit about anything Swagger was involved in for years, even as champion, until he had Zeb talking for him.
This was my impression.

Showaddy

I know anyone can have a bad night in the ring but now that Reigns doing things solo, you can tell that he needs a lot of work in the ring. Raw power is not everything.

He doesn't even do any power moves tbh, he just jumps around punching and kicking people. I know he's not actually that big but if they're going to book him as a power guy he needs to do something other than a Samoan Drop.

Thorakai

I love Cesaro but he needs to learn how to do mic work. Even if he corpses every god damn time, Bryan at least got himself moderately confident in doing promos.

Normally I'd say it doesn't matter because Cesaro's with Heyman, but that pairing has been extremely lukewarm. Hasn't made sense from the start.

It isn't going to last either once based Lesnar comes back and starts his WWE World Heavyweight Championship domination till Wrestlemania.

It by gettig arrested.

Swagger's champ run was so boring, though.

I'm with stro. Without Zeb, this Swagger feud with Rusev would be terrible*.

*It's still terrible, but at least with Zeb it's salvageable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm the only one on this board who likes swagger

I like Swagger because I like Dutch. I think they complement each other very well, and it sounds like Swagger has picked up a lot about THIS BUSINESS from driving with Dutch. It's a win-win. And yet Vince will continue to hate managers.
But that's because most of Vince's homegrown managers are awful.

Malvingt2

He doesn't even do any power moves tbh, he just jumps around punching and kicking people. I know he's not actually that big but if they're going to book him as a power guy he needs to do something other than a Samoan Drop.

That is not how they are portraying him tho? like a power guy? even when he was with the Shield?

Yeah, Raw was not terrible, and Battleground is this Sunday, but we have G1 Climax iPPV pricing! $160 for all shows is a bit pricey, but $110 if you order the package by 7/20 isn't too bad. Is VOD included because I doubt I can watch these shows live?

Mahonay

Banned
It isn't going to last either once based Lesnar comes back and starts his WWE World Heavyweight Championship domination till Wrestlemania.
I'm looking forward to it honestly.

I have no good suggestions as to what to do with Cesaro at this point. His push is completely gone. WWE continues to be awful in the PG era at letting natural pushes ride.

I have the same fear with Ambrose right now. He's so fucking over but I'm just waiting for them to shit all over it at any moment.

Your are crazy. It is the best feud going in to the damn ppv lol

I guess I just don't care about Rusev all too much minus the Lovely Lana.
Also gonna feel some type of way that Rusev pretty much defeated all of the Black People(tm) only to have Swagger beat him.
Do they even let her use her theme song anymore and the Lana walk that accompanies it? Glorious on top of glorious work right there.

Top Bottom