• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seth's injury was indeed a work. Strange.

ibk9bEVz5VVIX2.png

Vylash

What's that? They wanted Seth out of the ring? If only there was some guy he was feuding with that could've handled that...

Cagey

Banned
It has to be. I mean, the crowd would have popped huge for a returning Ambrose... Probably would have given less of a shit about the 4 guys in the ring though.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that was probably the point, fuck

Inherent to smark-dom must be a persecution complex: all my favs are kept down by the invisible hand of Vincent Kennedy McMahon, and that explains all actions at all times.

Hasney

Inherent to smark-dom must be a persecution complex: all my favs are kept down by the invisible hand of Vincent Kennedy McMahon, and that explains all actions at all times.

Eh, it just seems dumb otherwise. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit by not just thinking that. You either have Ambrose come down, or have Seth walk back up the ramp with his briefcase and watch the match to see if he gets an opportunity to cash in.

I'm smelling wrestling politics with this one.

It has to be. I mean, the crowd would have popped huge for a returning Ambrose... Probably would have given less of a shit about the 4 guys in the ring though.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that was probably the point, fuck

"It has to be." Or maybe, it's just not. You act like this is the first time WWE has booked an ending awkwardly (and this wasn't even that awkward).

RP912

Banned
I'm still hoping the retirement ceremony for that belt wasn't actually just a drunk Ric Flair scooting away with it.

Probably a two paragraph article on wwe.com and a 30 minute video on the legacy of the belt.

Only on the WWE Network

Gonzalez

Banned
You're right, this is just bad storytelling(hopefully). I mean this is the same company that just started running ads for programming on their network this week after 6 months.

strobogo

Banned

You don't understand man, it's Sina protecting his spot.

Main event is announces as Dean/Roman/Cena vs Rollins/Kane/Orton. It's brought up that The Authority always has a plan, and that tensions are building with Roman and Cena. Dean gets beaten up by the heels and taken out of the match. Authority's plan is successful. More tension builds between Cena and Roman. Main event happens, breaks down with the 4 guys in the main event at the PPV fighting each other. Seth is knocked out of the ring and doesn't return, because the focus isn't on his match with Dean, but in hyping the main event of the PPV 6 days away.

I can't believe how berried Dean and Seth were last night. Really disgusting ego play.

6Sxcsdm.jpg

RP912

Banned
The rate the wwe is going with pushing the network to the moon...they might as well go back to the basics to save money and face. I mean having raws in small areas within the east coast to save money and have ppvs everywhere else. Since the network means a whole lot to them as it should they could eventually say fuck cable tv and start putting raw/smackdown on the network live.

It makes logical sense instead of begging fans to subscribe throughout raw. That really pissed me off because it was like damn the match...SUBSCRIBE TO THE NETWORK so you can remember the good ole days of how we actually gave a damn about wrestling and covered matches without sounding like brainless shills.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't watch any more XPW. I feel like any second now I'm going to see someone die in the ring because some fat slob has to get himself over by putting other people through dangerous spots.

Hasney

"It has to be." Or maybe, it's just not. You act like this is the first time WWE has booked an ending awkwardly (and this wasn't even that awkward).

Really? If it was a worked injury, that was TNA level awkward. Like they wanted to book the tag match again but thought it was too soon to do so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't watch any more XPW. I feel like any second now I'm going to see someone die in the ring because some fat slob has to get himself over by putting other people through dangerous spots.

Anytime is a good time to stop watching XPW.

Showaddy

Glad it's a work, Rollins out along with Bryan & Barrett is the last thing the company needs. This means that ending has gone from desperate improv to complete and utter shit booking though.

Edit: Also random thought but Paige seemed surprisingly decent on the mic this week. Either she's been given help mid-week or sitting away from Jerry has stopped her stammering like a child.

strobogo

Banned
The only thing wrong with the ending was that it was the stock ending they use for every multi-man match. It was to build up the main event of the PPV. Dean/Rollins had already had it's focus at the start of the show. You guys are just being whiny bitches for the sake of it.

Cagey

Banned
Glad it's a work, Rollins out along with Bryan & Barrett is the last thing the company needs. This means that ending has gone from desperate improv to complete and utter shit booking though.

The only thing wrong with the ending was that it was the stock ending they use for every multi-man match. It was to build up the main event of the PPV. Dean/Rollins had already had it's focus at the start of the show. You guys are just being whiny bitches for the sake of it.

It's the Live Audio Wrestling school of watching and subsequently discussing wrestling: when something happens that the fan didn't want and the fan wanted something else to happen instead, the fan declares what happened to objectively be shit, what they wanted to happen to have been the objective Right Way To Do It, etc.

Some fans here wanted Dean/Rollins to end the show, they didn't get that, so what ended the show must therefore have been shit and the wrong move and the WWE doesn't get it. Nutty.

strobogo

Banned
People in here would bitch at the Raw with Rock/Austin vs NWO because DDP/Christian didn't get enough build up to end the show. And then claim it was because they were getting buried.

Hasney

I think they'd make a nice tag team. They are always at odds trying to up one each other for the spotlight but team up anyways.

That's pretty good too.

Then they could eventually feud with the Dusts and make Cody realise he's dashing again leading to the male version of NXTs BFFs.

C'mon, guys. Flair was sober last night. He's just a crazy old man.

So is JBL a heel commentator or not? It seems like he is at times, but then he pops for Reigns. It's like they want him to be a heel, but Vince can't risk the audience turning against his new golden boy. Although, come to think of it, he pops for other faces like the Usos too. He approves of Bo Dallas but despises Adam Rose. It's kinda confusing. I guess I shouldn't get too hung up on the heel/face distinction. It's passe as Vince would say.

I really can't think of anything I enjoyed during Raw last night. That Cena/Reigns did nothing for Ambrose is pretty nonsensical.

Otoh, I'm enjoying the network more than the current product. Jericho vs. Mysterio from Nitro was a great match. It's also kinda crazy they had Nitro in a friggin stadium for Hogan vs Goldberg.

jmdajr

People in here would bitch at the Raw with Rock/Austin vs NWO because DDP/Christian didn't get enough build up to end the show. And then claim it was because they were getting buried.

Things were really like this though. For Real. I remember when haitch was praised for making people look good, unlike that evil Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Horrible thing to say but. If Chris and Eddie stayed content being jobbers, would they still be alive today?

C'mon, guys. Flair was sober last night. He's just a crazy old man.

So is JBL a heel commentator or not? It seems like he is at times, but then he pops for Reigns. It's like they want him to be a heel, but Vince can't risk the audience turning against his new golden boy. Although, come to think of it, he pops for other faces like the Usos too. He approves of Bo Dallas but despises Adam Rose. It's kinda confusing. I guess I shouldn't get too hung up on the heel/face distinction. It's passe as Vince would say.

I really can't think of anything I enjoyed during Raw last night. That Cena/Reigns did nothing for Ambrose is pretty nonsensical.

Otoh, I'm enjoying the network more than the current product. Jericho vs. Mysterio from Nitro was a great match. It's also kinda crazy they had Nitro in a friggin stadium for Hogan vs Goldberg.
Rusev vs Swagger stuff was fire last night. Who would have thought.

Top Bottom