• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Without either Lana or Zeb, this feud wouldn't be shit. Both of them have carried this feud and have been wonderful.

Yeah, Raw was not terrible, and Battleground is this Sunday, but we have G1 Climax iPPV pricing! $160 for all shows is a bit pricey, but $110 if you order the package by 7/20 isn't too bad. Is VOD included because I doubt I can watch these shows live?

Yeah, you get VOD access until August 17th (a week after the tournament finishes) and the events will be up on demand within a few minutes of the broadcasts ending.

Other than that, I think I have been watching NXT more religiously than I have been watching RAW/Smackdown.

Bull Dempsey, man. Sure, he could use some time lifting heavy shit but I'm not sure why I mark for this guy.

Joeki11a

Banned
Just like Orton was over when they gave him the WHC?

I don't think we're talking about the same WWE.

Stop it Orton is a company boy, swagger had to actually work up to make it as champ, only problem people had was his lisp ruining his persona, this is where dutch helps out.

Once Swag left it was clear they wanted to repackage him, this is where that Ron Paul Tea baggers stuff was all over the news
he then returns looking rugged with a beard people like it, vince gets the we the people persona going and he gets mayor buzz!
IMO they were going to make him world champ again but the arrest happened theirs also went any chance for a title run.

Cagey

Banned
Other than that, I think I have been watching NXT more religiously than I have been watching RAW/Smackdown.

Bull Dempsey, man. Sure, he could use some time lifting heavy shit but I'm not sure why I mark for this guy.

Looks like a fat wrestling fan cosplaying as a strongman wrestler, I don't get it.

Hasney

Kind of enjoy the guy on the mic. I'll wait until he has a proper, competitive match before I pass judgement.

Mahonay

Banned
Without either Lana or Zeb, this feud wouldn't be shit. Both of them have carried this feud and have been wonderful.
iRPCwmS5mtadU.gif

I'm no business man but shouldn't the network free preview been this week and expire at 7:55 so you get the PPV pre show and might get the network for the main show?

Joeki11a

Banned

Oh without a doubt Lana literally swallowed Rusev, remember when he used to have his own nationality gimmick?, look now he is carrying Russia flags and all that lol, the ravishing russian got more over and her gimmick was meshed with him.

Hasney

Well to be fair, wrestling doesn't really matter. But in the context of creating a show people want to follow as opposed to watching once a year, doesn't it?

Right, but Wrestlemania is always going to have one or two matches that are designed specifically to pop the buyrate. As long as there are fun things throughout the show that will continue, it shouldn't matter.

Brock beats Rock, recruits other MMA douches (Chael, Barnett, Sappuuuu as the manager), forms a stable and terrorizes WWE until the next WrestleMania. I'd watch the shit out of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock beats Rock, recruits other MMA douches (Chael, Barnett, Sappuuuu as the manager), forms a stable and terrorizes WWE until the next WrestleMania. I'd watch the shit out of that.
Sapp as a manager? Oh lord. He's still got it! Kinda.

Well to be fair, wrestling doesn't really matter. But in the context of creating a show people want to follow as opposed to watching once a year, doesn't it?

No. It's about making you pay for Wrestlemania/The WWE Network. Hence why it's a 6 month thing. And if you don't get why they would throw such a match down at Wrestlemania, I can't help you.

I have no interest in arguing this point with you. Talk to Joe or someone else for that.

bjork

Right, but Wrestlemania is always going to have one or two matches that are designed specifically to pop the buyrate. As long as there are fun things throughout the show that will continue, it shouldn't matter.

Guess that depends on each viewer's perception of fun. Hard to gauge.

No. It's about making you pay for Wrestlemania/The WWE Network. Hence why it's a 6 month thing. And if you don't get why they would throw such a match down at Wrestlemania, I can't help you.

I have no interest in arguing this point with you. Talk to Joe or someone else for that.

They failed. Also, I wasn't asking for help.

Looks like a fat wrestling fan cosplaying as a strongman wrestler, I don't get it.
I guess it is the fact that he acts like big shit when he does look like a fat wrestling fan gets me. His google images don't help the fact. :lol

Kind of enjoy the guy on the mic. I'll wait until he has a proper, competitive match before I pass judgement.
He really isn't that bad on the mic, but yeah, I should do the same.

Edit: Speaking of Sapp, I'm still mindblown that he worked for WCW many moons ago...

strobogo

Banned
Stop it Orton is a company boy, swagger had to actually work up to make it as champ, only problem people had was his lisp ruining his persona, this is where dutch helps out.

Once Swag left it was clear they wanted to repackage him, this is where that Ron Paul Tea baggers stuff was all over the news
he then returns looking rugged with a beard people like it, vince gets the we the people persona going and he gets mayor buzz!
IMO they were going to make him world champ again but the arrest happened theirs also went any chance for a title run.

Swagger was a company boy from the start as well. He didn't really have to work up to being champ. He debuted in late 2008 and was champ by Spring of 2010. And before that, he was given the ECW Championship within 3 months of being on TV. During his time in ECW, he was given show case matches with HHH and Cena on Raw. They won their first WHC in just about the same amount of days after debuting. He just never worked out as well as they had hoped and didn't have the same qualities as Orton to keep pushing him non-stop.

Showaddy

Yeah he's not to bad considering how raw he is, 10x better than Mojo at least.

He could get screwed by Steen turning up on NXT in couple of months though.

They failed. Also, I wasn't asking for help.

They literally just set the domestic PPV record with Wrestlemania 30.

God, between this and the Rihanna thing you are the dirt worst today. Chill the fuck out. There are plenty of alternatives to WWE if you so desire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question for everyone, what do you usually watch each week? For instance...

I watch NXT every week. A PPV from WWE if one is up, I glance at Impact segments occasionally. Watch NJPW shows usually via VOD and I will watch Shimmer and Shine whenever I have time and they do a show. Usually watch Raw segments when encouraged via Review-A-Raw. Rarely touch SD ever. Watch probably two eps of old footage on the Network every week.

What's yours?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

God, between this and the Rihanna thing you are the dirt worst today. Chill the fuck out. There are plenty of alternatives to WWE if you so desire.
Hey, whoa, Bronson! Someone hold him back! I like both you guys and don't want backstage scuffling!

...what Rihanna thing

Cagey

Banned

I watch NXT every week. A PPV from WWE if one is up, I glance at Impact segments occasionally. Watch NJPW shows usually via VOD and I will watch Shimmer and Shine whenever I have time and they do a show. Usually watch Raw segments when encouraged via Review-A-Raw. Rarely touch SD ever. Watch probably two eps of old footage on the Network every week.

What's yours?

RAW. NXT maybe. PPV. One of the documentary / Legends deals on the Network maybe.

I watch NXT every week. I used to watch RAW every week in its entirety but these days I skim through it. I post seldomly when it's on. Impact, I may give a glance, but I don't think I've watched a full TNA episode in quite some time. The same goes for Smackdown.

I don't watch anything else, really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watch NXT every week. I used to watch RAW every week in its entirety but these days I skim through it. I post seldomly when it's on. Impact, I may give a glance, but I don't think I've watched a full TNA episode in quite some time.

NXT is a very easy watch as well. 1 hour makes it easy.

Hasney

I watch NXT every week. I used to watch RAW every week in its entirety but these days I skim through it. I post seldomly when it's on. Impact, I may give a glance, but I don't think I've watched a full TNA episode in quite some time. The same goes for Smackdown.

Pretty much this.

The only program I watch with any regularity is NXT - I sometimes skip through RAW, but usually don't bother. If there's a WWE PPV or NJPW/Dragon Gate iPPV then I'll watch that live as long as I don't have any work to do, while I also probably watch an hour or so of classic matches a night, either via the Network or random stuff from one of my HDD's. On an AJW kick at the moment, with the occasional Saturday Night's Main Event. I generally don't watch as much puro as I used to, partly because it's not as readily available as it once was and partly because few of the promotions are that interesting to me at present.

bjork

I'm allowed to think their direction is wrong, and trotting out a fuzzy-ass buyrate that includes network subscriptions so it won't look bad on paper isn't going to change my mind. A better product will. That Rihanna thing is such non-news, just like any other time she's been introduced to me. Sorry if that offends you or something. I don't care.

Anyway, you said you don't want to argue, so don't.

jmdajr

What's yours?

I casually watch RAW but I watch every Monday really. On Network I was watching legends House and Countdown depending if it's a list I am interested in. Legends of wrestling, almost out of that. Wrestlemania rewind here and there. NXT mostly the live events. And for sure the monthly PPVs.

I don't really watch Smackdown/Main Event or any indy stuff. TNA lol. not even for Brook.

So the only constant is RAW and PPVs really. And the PPV is now only a constant because of the network.

Mahonay

Banned

What's yours?
RAW about every week.
NXT every 2 or 3 weeks
Every new WWE PPV.
I catch up on NJPW PPVs when I can.
Smackdown if I'm feeling really fucking bored.

Lately I've been watching a lot of late 90's wrestling on the Network.

The WWE Network is every WWE fan's dream. I watch it every day. I'm a fan that bought a PPV every month for like $50-$60 and now it's $10 a month with NXT and a ridiculously awesome on demand back catalog. I literally do not understand people shitting on it and saying "I'm gonna cancel now" or "WWE stole my money." My mind is boggled.

Agreed 100%. I was able to drop Hulu Plus and stop paying $55-65 for the monthly PPVs, in return for a $10/month payment, which gets me NXT, all PPVs, and the back library, which I've hardly scratched at this point.

I would happily pay $20/month for it, and wouldn't even bat an eye.

jmdajr

Agreed 100%. I was able to drop Hulu Plus and stop paying $55-65 for the monthly PPVs, in return for a $10/month payment, which gets me NXT, all PPVs, and the back library, which I've hardly scratched at this point.

I would happily pay $20/month for it, and wouldn't even bat an eye.

Again.Worth it for PPVs alone. But if you hate the product, there is pretty much no convincing. Nostalgia factor has limits.

Outside functionality issues I've been happy.

Top Bottom