• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Ithil

Question for everyone, what do you usually watch each week? For instance...

I watch NXT every week. A PPV from WWE if one is up, I glance at Impact segments occasionally. Watch NJPW shows usually via VOD and I will watch Shimmer and Shine whenever I have time and they do a show. Usually watch Raw segments when encouraged via Review-A-Raw. Rarely touch SD ever. Watch probably two eps of old footage on the Network every week.

What's yours?

I watch NXT and RAW. Haven't seen Smackdown in months, occasionally I will watch the main event of Main Event if it sounds like a good match, but none of the rest and I've missed most of the shows since before WM.

The rest varies since there's really no weekly shows from the other promotions that I follow.

vince-mcmahon-2.jpg

this one

That's his face when he takes a reaming from investors.

bjork

Again.Worth it for PPVs alone. But if you hate the product, there is pretty much no convincing. Nostalgia factor has limits.

Outside functionality issues I've been happy.

Crossover from the network thread, I like this guy's idea:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121131712&postcount=194

I don't know how easy it would be to get those guys in there and have them talk for hours and hours, but it would be pretty great for trying to get caught up with individual characters and storylines.

dream

I cannot believe I just saw someone parrot the "WrestleMania 30 just set the all-time domestic buyrate" line. That is even more street teamy than when you guys help promote the Network's free trial week.

I watch NXT every week. A PPV from WWE if one is up, I glance at Impact segments occasionally. Watch NJPW shows usually via VOD and I will watch Shimmer and Shine whenever I have time and they do a show. Usually watch Raw segments when encouraged via Review-A-Raw. Rarely touch SD ever. Watch probably two eps of old footage on the Network every week.

What's yours?

Basically just watch some RAW and maybe some Smackdown, usually the opening match is decent. I sub to the network basically for the PPV's. I don't really have time for much else.

I cannot believe I just saw someone parrot the "WrestleMania 30 just set the all-time domestic buyrate" line. That is even more street teamy than when you guys help promote the Network's free trial week.

Sorry dream, I'm hip to your game just like I'm hip to bjork's. He's an absolute waste of time right now though.

Iv substituted Raw with review and raw and check the WWE youtube page for highlights.

Watch NXT started to watch 2000 WCW it's hilarious .

Also started to check out ROH tv

What's yours?

I catch Raw and Smackdown weekly. My gf won't let us miss it. I've been watching NXT almost weekly as well and the PPVs since I've had the network. Once in a while, I'll youtube some Japanese matches, but I'm shamefully lost in that regard. I've always loved the style and had several "Best of the Super Juniors" tapes from NJPW back in the day, but I just don't have the initiative or cash flow to seek out the new stuff.

I won't touch TNA. Few times I've watched, it left a bad taste in my mouth, although I enjoyed when my friend got us backstage for one of their PPVs a few years back.

Who gives a shit about Sting, that $200,000 commercial will surely bankrupt them all

Except for the part where that's less than 3500 preorders they need to get to pay it off, which they probably got by the end of the damn night.

I also have no idea why I didn't already have dream/bjork on ignore already since it would've saved so much time

What's yours?
New Japan footage on Dailymotion

RP912

Banned
I'm really digging Old Sting. His facepaint even looks of higher quality now. No longer living in TNAstruggle.

BsjGrY_CcAAMkBR.png:large

I must have rewind that trailer about 10 times. Still legit shook as we speak. It would have been awesome if he did a promo while the theme was playing but I'll take this for what it is.

RP912

Banned
Instead of the patch...stinger should have went with a 5'o clock shadow just to put strength of wear and tear from working in tna :/

Thanks to the Sting commercial I went to watch him terrorizing the NWO throughout 1997;

Some of the stuff they did took ridiculous practice and rehearsal. In particular the one where Bischoff and Hogan are berating Fake Sting, and Sting comes down from the rafters literally a foot behind Bischoff. He had to be accurate as hell there.

Though it was REALLY WEIRD to see him in non-Crow form, just the black and white paint, in like late 96. And talking.

DMczaf

I was watching Best of Nitro on DA NETWAHK last night. I forgot how crazy that Nitro was when Hall and Nash jumped Arn, Rey and Bagwell with baseball bats. Shit was hectic. Everyone was selling it real as fuck, looking scared and confused. WCW was so good at reality wrestling during the first couple months of nWo...until Hogan had to Hogan it.

Striker

Without either Lana or Zeb, this feud wouldn't be shit. Both of them have carried this feud and have been wonderful.
This is the only thing I got to really see, but Zeb is gold. Easily the engine that makes this feud go. Can you imagine it without him? Of course Lana looks great, but I thought she did a pretty lame job. I think of somebody like Hassan who came out and laid out facts in their faces and got the proper reaction. She just rambled about nothing and basically said "You're just stupid".

That fucking soul patch. Never liked that little addition.

Hated it at first, but to be honest seeing old pics with Sting without it is so weird.

I felt the same way about Kurt Angle going bald in comparison to when he had hair and didn't look like a serial killer.

Edit: Sid, a soul patch is facial hair underneath the lip.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching Best of Nitro on DA NETWAHK last night. I forgot how crazy that Nitro was when Hall and Nash jumped Arn, Rey and Bagwell with baseball bats. Shit was hectic. Everyone was selling it real as fuck, looking scared and confused. WCW was so good at reality wrestling during the first couple months of nWo...until Hogan had to Hogan it.

Yeah. We need a good "is this a shoot? This IS a shoot" moment now.

WWE needs to do shit right in this day and age. Have someone "go off script" or give out a beatdown, only give the BRIEFEST of footage and have Cole/Lawler scramble to get people away from it, have the people in question get unfollowed by @WWE and others, maybe even delete their accounts...

Could you imagine?

Top Bottom