• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

The thing that's gonna suck is that every single wrestling think piece writing asshole (Stroud et. al) are going to use every play on words for Reigns that they can think of for the entirety of his main event run.

THERE'S A STORM ON THE HORIZON FOR REIGNS
REIGNS IS ALL WASHED UP
HAVE HIS REIGNS BEGUN??????
ROMAN THE COUNTRYSIDE HUNTIN FOR PUSS
USO CRAZY
CAN SOMEONE REIGN HIM IN?
ROMAN POWLANSKI SHOULD PROBABLY BE EXTRADITED FOR HIS CRIMES

The thing that's gonna suck is that every single wrestling think piece writing asshole (Stroud et. al) are going to use every play on words for Reigns that they can think of for the entirety of his main event run.

THERE'S A STORM ON THE HORIZON FOR REIGNS
REIGNS IS ALL WASHED UP
HAVE HIS REIGNS BEGUN??????
ROMAN THE COUNTRYSIDE HUNTIN FOR PUSS
USO CRAZY
CAN SOMEONE REIGN HIM IN?
ROMAN POWLANSKI SHOULD PROBABLY BE EXTRADITED FOR HIS CRIMES

all we need is #PurpleReigns, playboy.

Striker

Former Diva Maxine was too curvy for WWE

co3xNwE.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, was Cena giving Flair the Big Gold Belt really their way of getting rid of it? Honestly, that's pretty fucking clever.

Fave Five WrassleGAFFERS (no order):

1- Friend bean breath
2- Friend Lambda
3- Friend Heel
4- Friend Gorillaz
5- Titus

Honorable Mention: Duncan. Not because I like him, but because trolling him is so easy, and has provided me with many hours of entertainment.

This is an honor.

rs_500x280-131215182024-11_John_Cheersing.jpg

Well, tell your friends to stop being whiny bitches and learn to love Roman Reigns.

I hereby submit for WrassleGAF's approval the title for August's OT - "Roman Reigns or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.com"

THIS MATCH, THOUGH;

Dick Murdoch vs 'Killer' Karl Kox - (AJPW 1976/12/09)

It rules. Two of the toughest guys in wrestling just beating the crap out of each other (and the ref) for 20 minutes straight. There's nothing fancy here, just a goddamn slobberknocker of a match. Unsurprisingly, it turns into a total bloodbath, but the crowd get well behind Murdoch as he tries to fight off the vicious 'Killer' Karl Kox, who is just so fantastic in the mean old bastard role. Again, this rules. Well worth a watch.

Murdoch_Kox.gif
Murdoch.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Karl Kox is underrated. Looking forward to watching this insanity

Karl Kox is underrated. Looking forward to watching this insanity

There's a lot of guys from his era that aren't really appreciated, mostly because it's so hard to find intact footage of them - Pat O'Connor, for example, is regarded as one of the all-time greats, but the majority of footage available comes from the twilight of his career in Japan during the 70's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went back to watching XPW because WWE reminded me I'd rather watch something painfully bad than painfully boring. Messiah reminds me of if Falling Edge fusion danced with The Green Ranger and young Batista. And he dressed like Tommy Dreamer.
There's a lot of guys from his era that aren't really appreciated, mostly because it's so hard to find intact footage of them - Pat O'Connor, for example, is regarded as one of the all-time greats, but the majority of footage available comes from the twilight of his career in Japan during the 70's.
Wasn't back then, but who's pretty underrated nowadays is Ray Stevens. I know Bobby Heenan thinks he's the greatest wrestler of all time.

jred2k

Are we going to do a Summerslam review thing like we did for WM?

I was going to ask that the other day. I'm game for it. We should be able to get 26 people willing to do that. We'd have to start posting them in a week if we wanted to do the same one-a-day thing we did with WM.

Top Bottom