• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

strobogo

Banned
tumblr_n8onguX2aE1qas362o9_500.png

iMsSINDiGSXop.gif

Verendus

Banned
If only they hadn't ended Undertaker's streak this year, Sting could've ended it next year.

This is what I want now.

Summerslam - John Cena vs. Lesnar - Lesnar wins and becomes champion
Night of Champions - John Cena vs. Lesnar vs. Batista - Brotista pins Cena and becomes champion
Hell in a Cell - Batista vs. John Cena - Batista retains
Survivor Series - 6 Man Elimination Match - Batista retains
TLC - Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose - Batista retains
Royal Rumble - Batista vs. The Rock - Batista retains via Lesnar inteference
Daniel Bryan returns and wins the Royal Rumble.
Elimination Chamber - Batista vs. The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns - Batista retains

Leads to Wrestlemania 31:

Daniel Bryan vs. Batista - WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
Sting vs. The Undertaker
Roman Reigns vs. John Cena
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

The only thing I'm sure of in all this is that Batista becomes champion at some point this year, but I want to see Hollywood Batista getting a lengthy run at the top. Others are either stale or too early.

Rock probably won't come back until Wrestlemania 32 to put over Baby Girl since Fast 7 is around Wrestlemania time.

Fave Five Wrasslegaffers

5-way tie for first: bean breath, BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!, CureVylash, Strobogo, Heel (no order except Heel in last for that Meltzer diss)

2 people who would have made it if it were a top 7: TheWesker and DMczaf

Lambda would have made it if top 8

Honorable mentions: literally everybody else (yall are rad for the most part, keep it up)

If only they hadn't ended Undertaker's streak this year, Sting could've ended it next year.

This is what I want now.

Summerslam - John Cena vs. Lesnar - Lesnar wins and becomes champion
Night of Champions - John Cena vs. Lesnar vs. Batista - Brotista pins Cena and becomes champion
Hell in a Cell - Batista vs. John Cena - Batista retains
Survivor Series - 6 Man Elimination Match - Batista retains
TLC - Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose - Batista retains
Royal Rumble - Batista vs. The Rock - Batista retains via Lesnar inteference
Daniel Bryan returns and wins the Royal Rumble.
Elimination Chamber - Batista vs. The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns - Batista retains

Leads to Wrestlemania 31:

Daniel Bryan vs. Batista - WWE World Heavyweight Championship
The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar
Sting vs. The Undertaker
Roman Reigns vs. John Cena
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

The only thing I'm sure of in all this is that Batista becomes champion at some point this year, but I want to see Hollywood Batista getting a lengthy run at the top. Others are either stale or too early.

Rock probably won't come back until Wrestlemania 32 to put over Baby Girl since Fast 7 is around Wrestlemania time.

This is the guy right here.

Earn that Sony paycheck, friend.

One dent is that it cheapens Brock so hard, dude is above literally everyone. Brock should retake the title from Brotista. Brock vs Bryan at Mania is a hot ass match and will further convince me to get a second job come the Fall.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Duckman is so good, and shilled all the time on RAW. Hell the only reason I'd see any of RAW was because I was tuning in early for Duckman.

New Generation is great because of Duckman.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, that is too much bootista for anyone
I will take it over another Cena reign or Orton reign. He's basically the freshest main eventer ready to take the title, and with all his heat, it would be magnificent. He needs one last big run. Daniel Bryan thwarted those plans earlier this year, but he's not around for the next several months whilst he's recovering. Now is the only time it can happen. I want that six month reign going into Wrestlemania.

There is never enough Bootista. It's what I've learned in his absence.

The mid-card is fine at the moment with Dean/Rollins, Jericho/Wyatt, and Rusev/Swagger, but the main event scene has been terrible since Wrestlemania. Hollywood Bootista is the fix.

This is the guy right here.

Earn that Sony paycheck, friend.
Look at that shit though. It's smart.

Rollins slow build face turn against Triple H. Potentially cement him as a main eventer. Randy Orton face turn against Wyatt. Push Wyatt up to top heel status. Reigns going over Cena. Ambrose turns and gets shot as top heel. Your money matches in Sting and Rock. And finally, Bryan gets his time against the dude who stole his spot last year. Only this time, he doesn't hopefully get injured again.

Wrestlemania 31, much like 21, becomes a legit start to something different and the overall card is strong, maximising every talent.

jred2k

aCbLVMO.png

I tried to get the font to match. I believe in my heart Cena would say "winning" in such a way that it would demand a different font anyways.

PInk Tape

Banned
Looking back at that thread DM linked was like going back in time.
A time where Triple H still had long hair and was all powerful
? Not 100% sure since I wasn't watching at the time.

and

What's the name of that hand gesture people make that looks as if you're kissing an asshole and it explodes. It's usually done when something tastes really good

Wut.

Also, thanks Tom.

I wouldn't be able to choose a fav five because I like all of you and I wouldn't be able to choose who goes where ;_;

strobogo

Banned
aCbLVMO.png

I tried to get the font to match. I believe in my heart Cena would say "winning" in such a way that it would demand a different font anyways.

I started to do it myself. WINNING was in neon green and Cena's head was color matched to the star. But then I didn't save it and didn't care enough to start again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Generation and that same era of WCW are so awkward that I love them. And they both have some amazing talent, just few of them have any direction. I could watch it all day. Early 90s is best era of wrestling.

Foffy

Banned
Punk's recent tweet really sounds like he's really parted ways with WWE. ):

At least he's right on what he was saying about happiness and not taking shit from others. Guess that's why he left.

Fave Five Wrasslegaffers

5-way tie for first: bean breath, BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!, CureVylash, Strobogo, Heel (no order except Heel in last for that Meltzer diss)

2 people who would have made it if it were a top 7: TheWesker and DMczaf

Lambda would have made it if top 8

Honorable mentions: literally everybody else (yall are rad for the most part, keep it up)

WhglpH7.gif

strobogo

Banned
New Generation and that same era of WCW are so awkward that I love them. And they both have some amazing talent, just few of them have any direction.

What's weird to me is that WWF was doing the NEW GENERATION of younger, better athletes and better competition, but they went even more cartoony than the Golden Era, with worse athletes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's weird to me is that WWF was doing the NEW GENERATION of younger, better athletes and better competition, but they went even more cartoony than the Golden Era, with worse athletes.

New Generation was like if Dungeon of Doom was an entire roster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Have I ever expressed just how much I love the fact that Disco Inferno was promoted straight to the NWO Elite after the finger poke of doom? Because I do, a lot.

Top Bottom