• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

That tweet Punk made was about as much closure as I needed. Dude will always be in my top 5 ever. in fact let me make one right now, since i'm in this sort of mood.

GOAT FIVE
- Bret Hart
- Angle
- Daniel Bryan
- Punk
- Shawn Michaels

cookie-cutter list but fuck you it's my cookie-cutter list.

Seriously wondering about Punk's HOF prospects. I give it 2-4 years before they induct him. Be crazy if he didn't attend either. Or work the sheets and surprise everyone.

NEW PAQUETTE
xdNBSPW.gif

strobogo

Banned
Have I ever expressed just how much I love the fact that Disco Inferno was promoted straight to the NWO Elite after the finger poke of doom? Because I do, a lot.

Disco was a top 5 NWO member at that point.

1. Scott Hall
2. Scott Steiner
3. Disco
4. Kevin Nash
5. Stevie Ray

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have I ever expressed just how much I love the fact that Disco Inferno was promoted straight to the NWO Elite after the finger poke of doom? Because I do, a lot.

I'm a Disco apologist, and that did nothing for him. The only good to come out of it was him making fun of Konnan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is this on the Network?

The PPVs are and have been since day one. His involvement is amazing because at first you think oh, he's just the new Disciple, but nope!

He's great.

Stro's list is also spot on. Drunk Scott Hall, crazy Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash putting over Rey Rey by losing one match and murderating him in every other encounter and Stevie Ray's battle over control of the B Team with the clearly inferior Starscreamesque Vincent.

jred2k

I really look forward to SummerSlam and the possibility of being excited about the WWE again. I can deal with Cena if it means we get BROCK.

Verendus

Banned
Lesnar is back for what, Summerslam and Night of Champions?

So either he's winning at Summerslam and then losing at Night of Champions to someone else somehow since I doubt Joan Cena is becoming a 16 time World Champion so quickly, or Summerslam is a non-finish and Night of Champions is a re-match...where he loses.

Or worst case scenario, he's a whipping boy for both Summerslam and Night of Champions.

Just another obstacle to be removed in the path of the 'GREATEST SUPERSTAR OF OUR TIME'.

Brock should win at SS but "CenaWinsLOL" is my default answer for matches like this.

Cena never got a chance to beat the streak. Beating the guy who beat the streak is the next best thing.

Showaddy

Lesnar is back for what, Summerslam and Night of Champions?

So either he's winning at Summerslam and then losing at Night of Champions to someone else somehow since I doubt Joan Cena is becoming a 16 time World Champion so quickly, or Summerslam is a non-finish and Night of Champions is a re-match...where he loses.

Or worst case scenario, he's a whipping boy for both Summerslam and Night of Champions.

Just another obstacle to be removed in the path of the 'GREATEST SUPERSTAR OF OUR TIME'.

They didn't give Brock Taker's streak just for him to job to Cena (again) a couple of months later.

My feeling is Brock will hold onto the the belt long term and the Heavyweight belt will be brought back to serve as the main title between Brock turning up every so often.

Verendus

Banned
Wrestlemania 30 should have been Cena/Undertaker with the streak on the line and Undertaker wins. He's going to be back next year anyway I bet, so what was the point of breaking the streak? WWE just removed their biggest match possible now that Rock/Cena has been done. I still get confused as to how this match has not happened.

They didn't give Brock Taker's streak just for him to job to Cena (again) a couple of months later.

My feeling is Brock will hold onto the the belt long term and the Heavyweight belt will be brought back to serve as the main title between Brock turning up every so often.
He's going to job. It's a case of how. Just make peace with it now. No way he's keeping that title beyond Night of Champions unless he's showing up more often.

Ultratech

Brock should win at SS but "CenaWinsLOL" is my default answer for matches like this.

Cena never got a chance to beat the stream. Beating the guy who beat the streak is the next best thing.

Sad but true.

I'd love for Brock to just crucify Cena, but we all know how that wishing usually turns out.

UberTag

I think Cena beats Brock at Summerslam.
Loses to Brock at Night of Champions.
No insta-rematch; Cena fights Cesaro a bunch of times to kill time until the Rumble.
Lesnar wins again (either vs. Cena or DBrine). Loses to Reigns at Mania.

somedevil

Everyone here knows who is beating Brock at WrestleMania. I'm just wondering if he holds the title to then and how.

Wrestlemania 30 should have been Cena/Undertaker with the streak on the line and Undertaker wins. He's going to be back next year anyway I bet, so what was the point of breaking the streak? WWE just removed their biggest match possible now that Rock/Cena has been done. I still get confused as to how this match has not happened.

So does he have 2 more years left? They're very likely doing Sting/Taker next Mania, and if that isn't his last match, Cena/Taker the Mania after probably will be.

Showaddy

Everyone here knows who is beating Brock at WrestleMania. I'm just wondering if he holds the title to then and how.

Welp we know their long term plan is for Cena 2.0 to win at Mania but when's the last time this company actually stuck to a plan and didn't change everything last minute?

They really should just go back to In Your House style events for the Network and make it one brand exclusive to the Network and actually put the big four only for PPV is they're really just short on cash. It's a tough pill to swallow but might just be the best compromise for both the consumer and company.

Verendus

Banned
So does he have 2 more years left? They're very likely doing Sting/Taker next Mania, and if that isn't his last match, Cena/Taker the Mania after probably will be.
It won't be the same though. Cena/Undertaker with the streak on the line felt like a big money match just because there'd be enough people who would believe Cena would end the streak. Now that the streak is broken, Undertaker has lost most of the value he actually had. He's basically Undertaker on any other PPV now and that's not really a big deal. He's like any other main eventer. Granted, there's only like 3 of them in the WWE at the moment and WWE is in desperate need of them, but still.

Also, I'm betting Bryan is winning the Royal Rumble to headline Wrestlemania if he's healthy in time for it. I think WWE will do that above a Reigns win after the shit that went down this year.

I also think Batista is taking that title at Night of Champions or soon after. Quits because can't get a title shot. Coincidentally is probably returning right after Summerslam when Lesnar is champion or in the middle of fueding with Joan Cena for it.

strobogo

Banned
Netflix should make a deal with hotel chains to offer Netflix in every room. And after doing that for a while, WWE should try to copy it for lesser chains.

Gonzalez

Banned
Alvarez reported the number as 24 but its just a rumor. If its true he has 23 dates remaining including WrestleMania.

There are four weeks between PPV's. He just needs two or one a month, plus the match at the PPV. I think that's enough dates to make it to Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom