• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

BHZ Mayor

They didn't even do that type of shit for Hogan. That, along with the constant Network shilling and advertising segments, is really starting to sour me on the whole product.

zychi

Banned
15-Time World Champ. That's nothing to sniff at brah.

Flair has 21, and they don't refer to him as the greatest of all-time.

Cena is the meh version of Hogan. I always like the #2 guy.

It was poetic when Punk started doing Savage's elbow, because Savage, to me, was always #2 to Hogan in the biz. Punk was stuck at #2 behind Cena. No chance of getting that #1 spot for either guy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Flair? Who spent a lot of time on a show called by one Tony Schiavone? You best believe he was called the greatest of all time.

Hell Brain in WWF called him that before Flair even signed with the company when they started the whole Real World's Champion gimmick!

strobogo

Banned
They didn't even do that type of shit for Hogan. That, along with the constant Network shilling and advertising segments, is really starting to sour me on the whole product.

They absolutely did that stuff for Hogan. Every bit as obnoxious as they do currently with Cena. All the way into 1993.

Verendus

Banned
Flair has 21, and they don't refer to him as the greatest of all-time.

Cena is the meh version of Hogan. I always like the #2 guy.

It was poetic when Punk started doing Savage's elbow, because Savage, to me, was always #2 to Hogan in the biz. Punk was stuck at #2 behind Cena. No chance of getting that #1 spot for either guy
Yeah, but that's because CM Punk's not good enough. And it's why he never headlined Wrasslemania and Brotista took his spot this year.

The biggest viewership numbers in the last 3 years have all, or mostly, included Dwayne. (Well, barring post Wrestlemania 30 Raw, Batista's return in January and Raw 1000 where they managed over 6 million viewers for 2 hours straight.) And then dude cries that part-timers coming and taking spots from the deserved people.

BHZ Mayor

They absolutely did that stuff for Hogan. Every bit as obnoxious as they do currently with Cena. All the way into 1993.

Well I stand corrected on Hogan. And yeah. It's super obnoxious. Especially coming from Michael Cole. But that's the case with all of his commentary. For some reason he really grated on my nerves last night.

Kaladin

Q8DxO3o.jpg

Punk has finally taken his rightful place in the annals of WWE history, right alongside such well loved figures as Crush, Crash Holly and Curt Hawkins on the WWE Alumni page.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '92 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-

I worry for wrasslin's (and my) future in the year 1993.

RP912

Banned

They didn't have to do it for hogan because dude had it all...there's no point in shoving him down throats when his presence still gets a pop. I don't even care for him but there's no denying his status...then you have cena who is the epitome of a C+ player with an A+ heart. The problem with the wwe is that they are so out of touch with the fanbase and holding on dearly onto cena's jock because he's their cash cow. God forbid they can market other wrestlers that are well deserving than him so they can make even more money. It just kills me of how much Cena get's put on the pedestal when his time been up. Even during Hogan's decline as a face he got a good reception despite some boos...meanwhile Cena gets booed on a regular basis with the exception of a certain percentage of cheers.

Dan Meltzerz update

Right now, the point of Brad Maddox impeccable HD videos is to create a gimmick where he dies and then comes back as El Enterrador Jr, a small, masked version of the Undertaker that's gonna challenge Lesnar for the title at Royal Rumble. Due to Vince's attention to detail, the plan is for Maddox to actually die and be resurrected shortly after by Dr. James Andrews, who saved so many careers before. He should debut at Survivor Series, or a random RAW, i have conflicting information.

Big E and Kofi are set to become a tag team staple under the name of "Reverends of Boom". In order to get them over, Kevin Dunn has given them a chant similar to the Usos where E and Kofi go "we say HATE, you say CRIME". Hayes popped a boner, quickly subdued by Rosa Mendes.

Charlotte is close to the main roster. Her gimmick is the she is Flair's daughter.

Rollins injury, that might have happened, or not, i can't tell without being there, is said to be recovering nicely, or not all, just rumors, and that his match at Battleground vs Dean is still on or soon to be replaced, it's all hearsay at this point. The match that might happen, i could be wrong, is set to be ladder match if Rollins recovers in time or a no DQ if he was not injured at all. It's all wait and see but i'm confident one or the other could happen.

Carnby

Q8DxO3o.jpg

Punk has finally taken his rightful place in the annals of WWE history, right alongside such well loved figures as Crush, Crash Holly and Curt Hawkins on the WWE Alumni page.

CM Punk's tweet:

As noted, WWE removed CM Punk from their main roster to their Alumni roster today, indicating that he is officially done with the company.
Punk tweeted the following this evening:

"Nope, thank YOU.Thanks for all the help and support through the years. Health and happiness above all.Don't ever take any s--t from anybody."

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ved-from-wwe-main-roster/#otz4P9tQ60iPSeBz.99

Kaladin

CM Punk's tweet:

If he is truly done with wrestling at this point, it's kinda sad that he'll only really be a footnote in the WWE instead of the superstar he should have been.

His biggest accomplishment was being WWE Champion for 434 days, which is next to nothing in the scheme of things.

If he's truly done right now, I doubt he even makes the hall of fame.

zychi

Banned
If he is truly done with wrestling at this point, it's kinda sad that he'll only really be a footnote in the WWE instead of the superstar he should have been.

His biggest accomplishment was being WWE Champion for 434 days, which is next to nothing in the scheme of things.

If he's truly done right now, I doubt he even makes the hall of fame.

This era is weak for HOFs. Cena, HHH's buddies like Orton and.....?

strobogo

Banned
So many "WHOOMP THERE IT IS" chants in '93...

I thought it was a Scorpio chant, but then it would happen in a Barry Windham match. And then a Steve Austin match. And then a jobber match. It became the CM PUNK/RANDY SAVAGE/JBL chant of the era when fans were bored.

Top Bottom