• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think the only person Moxley loves is himself, and even that is debatable. Not saying he isn't susceptible to change, not saying I know the guy, but it appears that sort of statement is as damn close to the truth as we're going to get. A guy like that doesn't easily get tied down, and if he did, you really think he'd hitch his wagon to the sort of girl who licks her lips for anything with a cock and at least one nut? Pardon my language, but seriously, just think about it. He seems like he'd be quite dominant if he ever did settle with a chick at this point in his life....you know, after not settling with anyone EVER. He's had like one documented GF and she was an older woman who took advantage of his naivete and made herself his creepy enabler groupie/GF. He admits he didn't even realize what they were doing and how far it had gone, and he knows now it should have ended much sooner than it did.
Hey now.
Shhh. He's shooting!

Pepsi City posts on other forums? I haven't felt this betrayed since Mike Tyson revealed his DX shirt.

I haven't been betrayed like this since

ikOagfWIVpfef.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I'm still baffled that fucking Tazz joining Ace's and Eights managed to get the crowd shook

I never noticed the woman losing her shit in the background till you said this.
I was at a TNA show last year at Coney Island. That fan base was pretty damn invested during most segments, where as my friend and I were just laughing (but enjoying ourselves). Their personal bar is set pretty low.

The crowd consisted largely of NYC's equivalent of white trash. Just an observation.

Carnby

Before WWE removed CM Punk from their roster on Tuesday, it was said that things may have appeared like they were turning around between the two sides, with Punk's specials on the WWE Network and AJ Lee's return, but that hasn't been the case.
It was said after Monday's RAW in Richmond that if anything, relations between Punk and WWE are probably worse than they have ever been.

It's also been noted how it was interesting that WWE heavily pushed the CM Punk Beyond The Ring special on the WWE Network and then removed him from the roster on the same day that it premiered.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...nk-relationship-with-wwe/#LzzJhXQ1xq6WzBWV.99

This is why dirt sheets drive me crazy. In the same report they will say "back stage vibe is that no one likes Wrestler X, but other say Wrestler X is da best. Stay tuned for more details."

kiguel182

I never noticed the woman losing her shit in the background till you said this.

And the priest is looking to Hogan for his cue.

That women is the best.

Aces and Eights was such a great ride until they put the title on Sabin and couldn't commit to Styles for a while.

So dumb and fun at the same time.

somedevil

Some real News. Get ready for some KENTA on NXT very soon:

A big reason why WWE signed KENTA is because the WWE Network is expanding into Japan next year and they really have wanted a top Japanese star for that reason.

It's clear so far that WWE officials are not bringing KENTA in to fail and from an importance standpoint, it appears there is more to his signing than meets the eye.

KENTA is playing a big part in WWE's Japanese expansion as it was announced a few days ago that NXT, where KENTA will be going first, will start airing on J Sports, a Japanese satellite channel. NXT was added to the channel due KENTA being expected to be a regular there in just a few months.

KENTA is scheduled to arrive in Orlando this coming week and WWE has another press conference scheduled then.

Kenta signing got them a deal with J Sports to air the show.

That women is the best.

Aces and Eights was such a great ride until they put the title on Sabin and couldn't commit to Styles for a while.

So dumb and fun at the same time.

Remember when they finally decided to give Sabin the World title, so they had him get his ass completely kicked for 15 minutes with no offense aside from futile punches and kicks, cheat with a foreign object while the ref was distracted, and win in a fluke?

And he was the face.

jred2k

Some real News. Get ready for some KENTA on NXT very soon:

Kenta signing got them a deal with J Sports to air the show.

I found it kind of odd they made such a big deal out of the signing online, but made no mention of it at all on Raw. Maybe they don't want to put undue expectations on him before they get him in to the Performance Center.

Did they mention Sin Cara on TV when he was signed?

Thanks for the seizure, Laserfrog.

kiguel182

Remember when they finally decided to give Sabin the World title, so they had him get his ass completely kicked for 15 minutes with no offense aside from futile punches and kicks, cheat with a foreign object while the ref was distracted, and win in a fluke?

And he was the face.

Yup, that was one dumb decision. It accomplished nothing but sending Sabin back to the midcard.

It also killed the whole "Bully is a strong champion" that they were building to Bound For Glory.

I still defend that they had some good ideas with the whole A&8's thing. But they failed to do something with it after Bully became champion.

jmdajr

"I’m Leaving Home" by The Miz:

Before anyone ever cared about where I would compete – the main event of WrestleMania, for example – or what movies I would star in – like The “Marine 3: Homefront” – I was just a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I first started cutting promos in my mirror at home. It’s where I flipped burgers at my Dad’s “Mr. Hero.” It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People have seen me grow up.

I sometimes feel like I’m their sun – as in the center of their universe. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. Now that I’m bigger, stronger, smarter, and more successful than I’ve ever been, I realize that I owe it to not just the people of Northeast Ohio, but to each and every member of the WWE Universe – to leave that awful, dying city of Cleveland behind and never look back.

Cleveland is a small-market city with small-minded, ordinary people – much like yourselves. I have a responsibility to lead, and I want kids everywhere who look up to me to realize there are better places to grow up.

Remember when I was WWE Champion in 2011? I was thinking. This is really tough. I could feel it. Holding that title was almost like college for other kids. I guess it was my fate to lose it – because the past three years without it, helped raise me into who I am. I became a better man … and a Movie Star. I now think of the film set as my second home. I learned from The Marine Franchise what is important in life … The Moneymaker.

I'm doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don't want anyone thinking: Mr. McMahon made me do it. Although the media and my public are hungry for it – I'm not having a press conference or a party. After this, it's time to get to work.

I left Cleveland seeking championships. My goal is to win as many titles as possible, no question. Cities like Fayetteville, Cleveland, Charlotte – they don't know what it's like to be a winner. I do. I needed a city that screamed The Miz. So I made LA my home.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and family and dogs, who can be very tough. The blogs telling me I sucked, "The Miz is awful!" chants from the crowds, Angry Miz Girl – experiencing all that was hard for them. My emotions were mixed. It was easy to say, "OK, I don't want to deal with these people ever again." I could just do features films. I even thought, maybe I should just leave, but you wouldn't want that. But as heartless as all of you are, I didn't bring myself down to your level.

What if I were a kid who looked up to a movie star, and that movie star made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I refuse to deprive the innocent children of my presence because of your mistakes, and though I personally don’t ever make mistakes. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I'm promising a championship. There's a lot of young talent in this Battle Royal – and they all look up to me as a mentor now. I know I can help Dolph Ziggler connect with the audience. I can reunite with Zack Ryder, one of my favorite competitors. I'm excited to lead these guys – then throw all of them out of the ring.

But this is not about the Battle Royal or WWE. My calling goes above that. With that title, it would be my responsibility to lead as a Global Role Model across a multitude of media platforms – magazines, TV guest appearances, films, TMZ, to name a few and I take that very seriously. I want the kids from these uninspiring towns to realize there are better places to grow up. Getting them out of communities like yours … That would make me smile.

In life, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have. I’m ready to accept the challenge. Because I’m not just some kid from Northeast Ohio. I’m the Miz, I’m from Hollywood, and I’m ... a star.

article_MIZ_06302014MM_0536.jpg

Ithil

I found it kind of odd they made such a big deal out of the signing online, but made no mention of it at all on Raw. Maybe they don't want to put undue expectations on him before they get him in to the Performance Center.

Did they mention Sin Cara on TV when he was signed?

Thanks for the seizure, Laserfrog.

Probably because they haven't decided what to do with his name yet, and also because it's going to be a while before he's on RAW, he'll probably be training in NXT by August, and on TV by the Autumn, and be in developmental til 2015.

They're thinking ahead for the Network launching in Japan, though. That's a much more tech-driven country than the US and fans would be open to getting it, especially if WWE has a Japanese star legitimately doing well.

Top Bottom