• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Deanee 4ever

qcXTJx2.gif

GIF BROUGH TO YOU BY WRESTLINGWITHTEXT.CUM

Ithil

This extract from the Observer criticizing how Reigns is selling angles is spot on:
Cena & Reigns were backstage. Cena said it’s the two of them left against three. Reigns acted like he didn’t care. They are so afraid that some people may find the main event babyface complaining and whining that they make it impossible for them to fire up and do the kind of promo that makes people interested in revenge and matches. In this case, Reigns should be mad that three guys jumped his former partner, but he didn’t care at all. And if he doesn’t care, why should we?

It's the same problem Cena has had for years, where he never gives a shit about anything, everything is just a big joke to him. In this case, Reigns doesn't even make a joke, he just doesn't care at all. They must think this makes them "badass" or something, but it really just makes them boring and unengaging.
Can you imagine Reigns selling a blood feud main event for the title, just him and an opponent?

Evil Heel: "I've killed your wife, kidnapped your daughter, emptied your bank account, and slightly rearranged all the furniture in your house so it's a little bit confusing!"

Reigns: "I don't give a damn about anything, cept winning that WWE title. Believe that, and believe in the Shi- uh, Roman Reigns".

Showaddy

Probably because they haven't decided what to do with his name yet, and also because it's going to be a while before he's on RAW, he'll probably be training in NXT by August, and on TV by the Autumn, and be in developmental til 2015.

They're thinking ahead for the Network launching in Japan, though. That's a much more tech-driven country than the US and fans would be open to getting it, especially if WWE has a Japanese star legitimately doing well.

Yeah read that recent interview with Kenta and he admitted his English skills were going to be his biggest challenge. Hopefully he'll put the work in and he'll be on TV soonish but I can see Devitt & Steen getting TV debuts well before him.

This extract from the Observer criticizing how Reigns is selling angles is spot on:

It's the same problem Cena has had for years, where he never gives a shit about anything, everything is just a big joke to him. In this case, Reigns doesn't even make a joke, he just doesn't care at all. They must think this makes them "badass" or something, but it really just makes them boring and unengaging.
Can you imagine Reigns selling a blood feud main event for the title, just him and an opponent?

Evil Heel: "I've killed your wife, kidnapped your daughter, emptied your bank account, and slightly rearranged all the furniture in your house so it's a little bit confusing!"

Reigns: "I don't give a damn about anything, cept winning that WWE title. Believe that, and believe in the Shi- uh, Roman Reigns".
*grumpy snarl*

Nothing makes a great story like a main character who doesn't care about anything happening around him. Betrayed by your friend? Over it. Your other friend is sabotaged and beaten up leaving you at a disadvantage? Doesn't matter.

kiguel182

Well, there whole idea is that Reigns is a badass who doesn't care about anything. It's his whole persona.

Since he can't really cut a promo and the way he talks makes it hard to hear him sometimes I guess it's for the best.

gurudyne

Nothing makes a great story like a main character who doesn't care about anything happening around him. Betrayed by your friend? Over it. Your other friend is sabotaged and beaten up leaving you at a disadvantage? Doesn't matter.

That all sounds horrible, but if he can avoid the pitfall of having Dastardly Heel hospitalize his loved ones In Front Of Him On Live TV only to start the main event of the PPV with tepid sleeper holds, at least he'll be one up on Cena.

Is that Snake on the left side?

metalgearsolid3-snake-eater2.jpg

That all sounds horrible, but if he can avoid the pitfall of having Dastardly Heel hospitalize his loved ones In Front Of Him On Live TV only to start the main event of the PPV with tepid sleeper holds, at least he'll be one up on Cena.

Does Reigns know how to do a sleeper hold though?

kiguel182

Posters with Bryan avatars and posters with Simpsons avatars hate that the forecast calls for strong Reigns.

Who knew that there was a connection between Simpsons and Daniel Bryan.

What do Reigns fans like? Besides boredom and limited in-ring and mic skills that is.

Showaddy

Reigns completely no selling Brock as he trashes everything & everyone around him whilst Heyman screams to high heaven about how the Beast conquered the Streak is going to be fun.

As noted, WWE's next NBC special will air on Sunday, August 3rd and feature highlights from WrestleMania XXX. WWE issued a press release today on the special and did not mention Daniel Bryan, who won 2 matches and the WWE World Heavyweight Title that night. The one-hour special will focus on The Rock, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.

Yeah, why advertise the best part of the event?

Top Bottom