• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

I was on the WrestleMania XXX wiki page, all smiles before seeing this bummed me out:

F2iuyDm.png

I am by no means doubting Bryan's future, just very disappointed in leaving your match of the night out of the special is all. Dude was the star of that PPV.

ok maybe the streak was more important.

talk about legit shook
I love the posts from people whose streams were behind
Terrible tombstone.

This match is going three the motions . They needed to switch the formula yp

right in the middle of 100 "WTF?!" reactions

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

yo man, i loved that hair

Did You Know:

FallingEdge is also that viral Comcast dude that wouldn't let that guy cancel his account.

In an unreleased clip you actually hear him say "If I let you cancel, they take away my Koren BBQ on Fridays. Motherfucker."

I had to work hard to make my retention rate is 96%. Worth it.

It's the BJ Penn nod of food .gifs. I can see why Heel would have an affinity for it.

FallingEdge is busy meeting up with, and roofie-ing other GAFers.

Dear god no

I am fucking howling at that thread. Edge 2 legit 4 GAF

freemac is legit, soft, but legit

food was delicious and so were the drinks

Rock at the espys, asked if hes coming back to wwe. Said if he got the right opponent. Simmons asked if Reigns called him out on the red carpet would he do it, he said no that's my cousin.

Reigns has already transcended the wrasslin bubble brehs. He's made it.

I'd like to hear Rock's thoughts on his return matches. Maybe he'll write about them in his book. So long as it doesn't take away page space from him burying Hollywood studios that screwed him.

Rock at the espys, asked if hes coming back to wwe. Said if he got the right opponent. Simmons asked if Reigns called him out on the red carpet would he do it, he said no that's my cousin.

Bill Simmons talks about wrestling all the time. Id be impressed if Jalen dropped Reigns's name.

jmdajr

Waiting for Roman to Reign at the Box Office.

Gonzalez

Banned

Nah, it's Simmons. All he ever talks about is stuff that normal people don't watch. Like The Wire.

Roman Reigns, Roman Reigns
I only wanted to see you
Bathing in the Roman Reigns

breh is the future, deal with it, marks.

If you’re wondering why Cesaro has been kept as a heel and has cooled off so much even with Heyman as manager, it’s been somewhat intentional. Obviously, as noted in plans on who was going to be pushed, Cesaro was slated to be on the verge of a major face push late this summer. The decision was made, and this was before Bryan went down, that Reigns would be getting the big focused face push to the top with Cena, Bryan and Sheamus (who has also cooled down greatly because the way they book their secondary champions almost inherently does so) as the key guys. Cesaro is slated for a face push, but no time soon. The idea is “when we need it,” which would likely be after the big push for Reigns has already fully established him and they need the next rising star. The danger is Cesaro may have cooled off by that point, and really already has. It’s not like if they turn him and push him he doesn’t get over, but whether he reaches the level he could have had they taken advantage of the timing and momentum he had a few months ago, that’s the question.

*pushes 1 guy at a time*
*wonders why everybody burns out and ultimately nobody benefits long-term*

We all paid the price for an amazing Wrestlemania. Endless months following of absolute trash over and over and over.

Basically we've been watching the same episode of Raw for a month now and they don't seem to care. Just filling in time until they can have Bork pls show up and have Cena say f u jack you f5 me mr lazer.

It was worth it, WMXXX was glorious, moments I'll never forget. But it wouldn't be the WWE if they didn't instantly f**k it up straight afterwards idiotically erasing all the good.

Cesaro should be a top face of the company, instead he's umm, uhhhhhhhhhhhh. *shrugs*

I just don't understand why they spend time getting him and the swing over, gave him such a cool moment at WM that surprised everyone (to our joy!) then just throw it all out. What is wrong with them??????

Do people think Brock's winning at SummerSlam? I mean I know we're leading to Reigns/Lesnar for the title at Mania but still, Cena is Cena, and I can't imagine Brock's going to be doing more dates during the fall/winter.

To be honest, we all probably should've seen this coming a long time ago.

AWWWW MY SHOULDER!

iKbhydzvpBVEF.gif

AHHHHHH MY BACK, WHICH ISN'T DOING MY NECK ANY FAVORS!

ibaSkU0yeJpHva.gif

the price you pay for THIS BUSINESS.

brb re-watching this match

Showaddy

Do people think Brock's winning at SummerSlam? I mean I know we're leading to Reigns/Lesnar for the title at Mania but still, Cena is Cena, and I can't imagine Brock's going to be doing more dates during the fall/winter.

I assume that Brock will win because the companies desperate for money/subscribers and he's the only guy they've got at the moment that's a legitimate draw. Cena will sell merch to kids but he's not getting anyone to re-subscribe to the Network, probably the opposite in fact.

Also they sacrificed Taker's streak to Brock to help rebuild him after he had to job to Cena & HHH. I refuse to believe they're just going to throw that away so quickly by jobbing him to Cena. Again. How they use him afterwards will be interesting as he'll have about 20 dates left in his contract between Summerslam & Mania.

Vylash

Do you really think Brock's gonna agree to lose to Cena not only after ending the streak, but after the way Cena screwed him over last time?

If thats the biggest night of his career then he'll be happy he didn't hold back.

Have to remember he is Daniel Bryan, crowds on the verge of rioting in support of him forced him to get that far... but he knew it was by no means a guaranteed thing afterwards. Who knows when he'll be back in the spotlight afterwards ( yea :( ).

Cena can phone it in forever because he knows dud feuds/moments/matches mean nothing and he'll be straight back into whatever the next shitty main event picture is regardless.

I assume that Brock will win because the companies desperate for money/subscribers and he's the only guy they've got at the moment that's a legitimate draw. Cena will sell merch to kids but he's not getting anyone to re-subscribe to the Network, probably the opposite in fact.

Also they sacrificed Taker's streak to Brock to help rebuild him after he had to job to Cena & HHH. I refuse to believe they're just going to throw that away so quickly by jobbing him to Cena. Again. How they use him afterwards will be interesting as he'll have about 20 dates left in his contract between Summerslam & Mania.

I mean, yeah, it seems pretty straightforward and easy but look at the past few months.

Do you really think Brock's gonna agree to lose to Cena not only after ending the streak, but after the way Cena screwed him over last time?

Do you really think Brock gives a fuck so long as the check clears?

I get the feeling Bork doesn't give a shit about the results and stuff of this wrestling run, its not an ego thing he just doesn't care these days as long as the cheque clears. Wrestling is just his current job (lol) he very rarely has to do.

He's jobbed no problems even when it made no sense/would speedbump his run. The way he probably looks at it is "Its your f**king problem if you ruining my run is bad for your business, as long as I'm getting paid I couldn't care less."

Having said that he is 100% beating Cena at Summerslam.

it's too bad Brock isn't the biggest monster heel in the universe as he's supposed to be. He enters the ring against Cena for the title, he'll be the biggest babyface in the building.

Gorillaz

With the win over Taker, I feel like WWE is a bit more nervous handling Lesnar matches. They might not let Cena take the W in this case. I know they have the tendency of..."fucking up" on building up certain talent like monster talent but I don't think they want to fuck up the one monster they have over a Cena rematch and win

Showaddy

I mean, yeah, it seems pretty straightforward and easy but look at the past few months.

Yeah I know Cena burying Wyatt was lolworthy and made no sense but this really is different. Brock's one of their few chances to really turn their declining business around at the moment, for the short-term at least.

Summer had to keep fixing her skirt as it was riding up while dancing.

Lawler was like 2 seconds away from sticking his arm up to help he with it.

somedevil

Yeah I know Cena burying Wyatt was lolworthy and made no sense but this really is different. Brock's one of their few chances to really turn their declining business around at the moment, for the short-term at least.

What do you mean by declining business? Also, Bray was not buried. If you want a Cena burial you mean Sandow.

I know no one gives a shit about the Summer/Layla/Fandangoooo thing but I actually marked out a little when Summer came back.

Thought it was an awesome moment even with the little build it had. Kiss him to mess with his brain then SLAP f**k you and your bitch too. Move on to Summer vs Layla and push Summer as a strong over Fandango but still wanting to beat up Layla female face feud.

Simple, effective, and a nice reward for Summer who has had to play the EVERYONE HATES YOU LOL F**K YOU'RE A WHOREBITCH role for awhile now.

As usual they lost the plot instantly and gawd knows now what is happening with it all. *shrugs*

I swear next week Ziggler and Fandangoooo are gonna start making out because HAHA THIS IS IS WHAT WE DO ON MONDAY NIGHTS MAGGLE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN MILEY CYRUS TWERKING!

Aii, JOHN LINEKER vs ALPTEKIN OZKILIC probably surpassed Matt Brown vs Erick Silva as the sports entertainment match of the year. check it out when you can.

Showaddy

What do you mean by declining business? Also, Bray was not buried. If you want a Cena burial you mean Sandow.

Maybe I should have specified the declining Network subs and the stock getting absolutely pasted. I mean the desperate shilling of the Network suggests they're desperately trying to turn something around no?

Top Bottom