• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

I need that Steph headbanging gif from that episode. Fucking need it.
Man, I saw it the other day, but I don't think I saved it.
W14njyq.gif

strobogo

Banned
Dave Attell is coming to Indy in September. Might go to that. Jimmy JJ Walker is in town this weekend.

Ronda will need to work on coming off as less crazy if she wants to be the female Rock. She has the eyes of a crazy bitch who would burn your house down, but since she's who she is, she'll rip your arm off and beat your ass instead.

Analyzing the Cesaro situation a bit more, I recall this:

Observer Newsletter - April 21 said:
They also handed out the “Cesaro section” signs at ringside, which they also did the next night in Nashville. Very interesting that they are handing them out even though he’s a heel. The idea is to create the idea that the fans want him turned and have them keep him with Heyman and not turn him, all the while giving the impression there is a groundswell on turning him. In other words, they are trying to create a Daniel Bryan on their own this time.

I think they gave it a while to see if Cesaro was truly as over as some people thought, and a big ground swell to get him to turn face, and it turns out there really wasn't. I'm not saying they're right because they booked it this way. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, but the WWE are masters at that. To them, they're probably thinking this:

"We gave him the Battle Royal moment, he's beaten Sheamus (a top guy), what else does he need!?!?!"

If the crowds were going nuts for him, the tune would be different. But they're not. So, WWE is once again justified in their thinking because of their shitty booking.

Showaddy

Fans wanted Cesaro as a face but Zeb, the theme and the gimmick were a big part of that. Even if he turned face now he'd need more than just his ring work to get over again.

Fans wanted Cesaro as a face but Zeb, the theme and the gimmick were a big part of that.

Yep, another one of their shitty tests. "If we take away everything people like about you, are you still over?" Well no shit.

And also people like to harp on Bryan for "shitty promos" or whatever but without being able to do at least decent promos he'd have been nowhere near the top spot. That's today's business. People connected to the character, not "Bryan Danielson - great worker."

Cesaro needed the theme, we the people (or something similar the dumb crowd can say with him), and the swing.

DONE - he was made, ready, go.

F**k the WWE and their dumb asses. AGGGGGGGRG. >_<

Cesaro could have done the "Hey I'm an immigrant and I f**king love America I wont have you stand there and disrespect it." feud they have going now quite easily and it would have been awesome.

Fire Swagger or send him down to NXT so he can teach the young guys about getting major injuries and how to handle 6 month recoveries etc etc.
tP681QR.gif

Cesaro needed the theme, we the people (or something similar the dumb crowd can say with him), and the swing.

Cesaro could have done the "Hey I'm an immigrant and I f**king love America I wont have you stand there and disrespect it." feud they have going now quite easily and it would have been awesome.

Fire Swagger or send him down to NXT so he can teach the young guys about getting major injuries and how to handle 6 month recoveries etc etc.
tP681QR.gif

don't be sad friend conrad.

here watch this!

Yep, another one of their shitty tests. "If we take away everything people like about you, are you still over?" Well no shit.

And also people like to harp on Bryan for "shitty promos" or whatever but without being able to do at least decent promos he'd have been nowhere near the top spot. That's today's business. People connected to the character, not "Bryan Danielson - great worker."

Bryan never did shitty promos (at least in my opinion) until the start of the Yes Movement. Some people can make things work when cutting promos about the fans, but man, the Yes Movement shit just never came close. And it just never stopped after it began, it was in all of his promos after.

jred2k

It's kind of a funny contrast with Reigns who they let keep everything plus they elevated his spot on the card and have given him superhuman booking.

And then you have Rollins and Ambrose who also had everything taken away, but they were given an actual storyline that makes people care so they are staying over.

Plus, it really doesn't help Cesaro at all to have his manager constantly mentioning another wrestler. Especially if that other wrestler is BRRRROCK LESNAR.

alstein

Fans wanted Cesaro as a face but Zeb, the theme and the gimmick were a big part of that. Even if he turned face now he'd need more than just his ring work to get over again.

I have a feeling Cesaro is going to end up with a very Greg the Hammer Valentine-esque career.

Everything I've heard (from Meltzer and a few others) is that he just handed it to Flair for no real reason and the title is still represented by both belts.

KissVibes

Banned
Watching the best of RAW. Man, Jeff Hardy has always looked like the biggest asshole. His entrance of weird movements is terrible.

Can't believe I ever thought he was cool.

Daniel Bryan can do great promos and segments. His heel run, his stuff with AJ, Team Hell No, it was genuinely great. No corpsing or goofy smiling. No Cena-isms.

I dunno what happened. I guess it was the high of being the most over guy on the roster.

KissVibes

Banned
As long as you didn't think Willow was cool we're still good.

Willow is the hottest garbage. Jeff Hardy sucks shit.

I thought The Hardy Boys were cool when I was a kid. Like, I thought old man Michael Hayes in weird cargo jean pants was cool. It was baaad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

tP681QR.gif

Don't be mad Jack Swagger took better advantage of his push than Cesaro.
Willow is the hottest garbage. Jeff Hardy sucks shit.

I thought The Hardy Boys were cool when I was a kid. Like, I thought old man Michael Hayes in weird cargo jean pants was cool. It was baaad.

How come during the Brood/Hardys feud, they referenced that Michael Hayes was Dok Hendrix. That's breaking kayfabe!

Gorillaz

Swagger still has a good theme as well. Cesaro's theme was so CAW that his personality began to appear CAW as well. He might as well be one now.

strobogo

Banned
Jeff was cool because he had a true idgaf attitude about everything. Matt was never cool, even though he was better in the ring and was really fun as V1ah.

jred2k

When you're an adolescent wrestling fan, it's damn near impossible to not like a guy jumping off the top of a ladder. His double leg drop to the "crotch" always annoyed me, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember during the Attitude era when every 'agile' wrestler's finisher was a tornado DDT? Then during Invasion, it was superkick.

I can't believe Cody spends all that time getting 'made up' just to do a 4 second promo about nothing while his music plays.

Please tell me they were all pre-taped in one go so he could spend the rest of the month impregnating his wife at Hogwarts.

I assume that Brock will win because the companies desperate for money/subscribers and he's the only guy they've got at the moment that's a legitimate draw. Cena will sell merch to kids but he's not getting anyone to re-subscribe to the Network, probably the opposite in fact.

Also they sacrificed Taker's streak to Brock to help rebuild him after he had to job to Cena & HHH. I refuse to believe they're just going to throw that away so quickly by jobbing him to Cena. Again. How they use him afterwards will be interesting as he'll have about 20 dates left in his contract between Summerslam & Mania.

Let's save this and any other posts that believe WWE wouldn't be stupid enough to job Brock out to Cena at SummerSlam so we can laugh and cry afterward.

With the win over Taker, I feel like WWE is a bit more nervous handling Lesnar matches. They might not let Cena take the W in this case. I know they have the tendency of..."fucking up" on building up certain talent like monster talent but I don't think they want to fuck up the one monster they have over a Cena rematch and win

One more.

I get the feeling Bork doesn't give a shit about the results and stuff of this wrestling run, its not an ego thing he just doesn't care these days as long as the cheque clears. Wrestling is just his current job (lol) he very rarely has to do.

He's jobbed no problems even when it made no sense/would speedbump his run. The way he probably looks at it is "Its your f**king problem if you ruining my run is bad for your business, as long as I'm getting paid I couldn't care less."

Having said that he is 100% beating Cena at Summerslam.

One more.

Do you really think Brock's gonna agree to lose to Cena not only after ending the streak, but after the way Cena screwed him over last time?

And one more.

Top Bottom