• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

jmdajr

I'm starting to agree. I'm turning more and more into a lurker each day....and some days I don't even come here.

Despite how much I come here, I actually skip out on this place while actually watching the show. I find it more enjoyable that way.

I will comment on LOLs though.

SM.gif

No offense to any of you fine folks here, but wrestling is so much more enjoyable when I'm not reading wrestling threads.

meh, I see where you are coming from but I feel it is just a matter of what you are reading. I enjoy this thread for both the trolling and the actual discussion.

XenoRaven

My least favorite new trend is when anyone has a complaint about WWE booking and talent management they are an indie smark that wants everyone under 5'8" to hold all the belts and will get mad if they win too much.

I'm not sure what motivates people to get involved in discussions they're not interested in having in the first place.

No offense to any of you fine folks here, but wrestling is so much more enjoyable when I'm not reading wrestling threads.

this thread is probably the only entertaining thing about wrestling. this past monday's RAW... fuck me, it's probably what they use to torture Guantanamo prisoners.

like dream used to say "so, _______, you watch this shit every week?".

folks here are entertaining, good laughs.

jmdajr

CureVylash, you don't think Bray Wyatt is boring?

That man puts me to sleep.

What? get hype!

listen to the theme in your head!

Catching flies in his mouth
Tasting freedom while he dares
Then crawling back to the top of the stairs
He won't see the sun again for years to come
He's broken out in love

image.gif

jred2k

The next guy after Reigns who isn't a pre-RAW favorite with the crowd will get the same treatment once the company gets behind them, and when the company stops, they'll like the guy again. Zero-sum nonsense.

It isn't the fact that Reigns is being pushed that makes me not like him, it's the way. He has no character other than "I'm going to fight and I'm going to win. I don't care about any threats." and that is boring to watch. Where is the intrigue in that? I don't believe any of the adversity he faces because he pretends it doesn't exist. His matches now are like watching a detective show where every case is solved the same way and the lead always gets his man.

In the world of Internet Wrasslin, fans don't cheer the good guys and boo the baddies, they cheer the guys they want to get Good Spots in the company and boo the guys who have those spots or could get the spots first or threaten the spot. It's bizarre.

Yes, I can't believe wrestling fans would want a majority of the show they watch to be dedicated to good performers who can put on interesting, varied matches. You are thinking about wrestling in an antiquated way. Wrestling is now being treated like any other scripted fiction and is judged on quality of performance. Why shouldn't a guy be appreciated for playing a heel well? Triple H put on a masterclass in this earlier this year. He performed his job as an authority heel perfectly and it made me want to see him get beat at WM, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy watching him wrestling and liking things he did in that match.

The wrestling business has been opened too much to try and look at it the same way it used to be. You may not like it, but heels now have to get meta-heat. That's why a team like the Young Bucks is great. They can pull bullshit that makes you want to see them get their asses kicked and put on entertaining matches at the same time.

jmdajr

My least favorite new trend is when anyone has a complaint about WWE booking and talent management they are an indie smark that wants everyone under 5'8" to hold all the belts and will get mad if they win too much.

I'm not sure what motivates people to get involved in discussions they're not interested in having in the first place.

Well some folks take it too far basically saying you're a moron for liking X wrestler and what not.
Maybe not specifically to someone, but say, 'I can't believe so and so likes __________"

You know, what are you trying to say exactly?

Each side has it's extreme defenders and detractors. Sometimes it gets personal.

What? get hype!

listen to the theme in your head!

Catching flies in his mouth
Tasting freedom while he dares
Then crawling back to the top of the stairs
He won't see the sun again for years to come
He's broken out in love

image.gif

In this thread you always see people comment about how they feel Wyatt is a great promo and has amazing mic skills.

Have you ever seen anyone link to a YouTube clip of their favorite Bray Wyatt promo? Maybe quote a line or two that really resonated with them, beyond his established catch phrases?

food for thought.

Toki767

meh, I see where you are coming from but I feel it is just a matter of what you are reading. I enjoy this thread for both the trolling and the actual discussion.

I enjoy both sides of the spectrum, but I don't know...it just seems like some people are way too protective of their gimmick posting on here to where it's more annoying than funny.

jmdajr

In this thread you always see people comment about how they feel Wyatt is a great promo and has amazing mic skills.

Have you ever seen anyone link to a YouTube clip of their favorite Bray Wyatt promo? Maybe quote a line or two that really resonated with them, beyond his established catch phrases?

food for thought.

I think he had some decent jabs at Cena and his girlfriend. That was indeed good.
And if not good for being in bad taste, memorable.

You're all pieces of shit except for Sunny, Laser, Yeezy, and the regular chat crew. Heel and Lambada are pretty dope, too.

ibmq5IyIMoIGPy.gif

i also saw a "gimmick posting" comment somewhere above and it makes me sad people still think me or Heel and others are "gimmicking" just cause we don't like what they like. i wonder if folks who preferred Goldberg over Malenko in 1998 were also "gimmicks".

SMV is now up-to-date with the 2014 Chikara shows. DL and DVD.

Battleground weekend just got that much better brehs.

I took them that long? They usually get that stuff out with the quickness. I remember them trumpeting how the KOT DVDs were out the next day. That was their thing.

You're all pieces of shit except for Sunny, Laser, Yeezy, and the regular chat crew. Heel and Lambada are pretty dope, too.

adamcolesuckmydick.gif

joelseph

I took them that long? They usually get that stuff out with the quickness. I remember them trumpeting how the KOT DVDs were out the next day. That was their thing.

Seriously so far behind. They say it's because there is so much stuff that editing is getting backed up.

The quality is not that great either. The YOLT BluRay/DVD both had issues with playback and sound editing.

It took themforever to lower the stream price on the PPV etc.

PInk Tape

Banned
Kinda sad I don't even have a single HHH action figure. :\
But I have a t-shirt and dvd!
I think it's a pretty good figure; It isn't essential to get but it looks pretty badass. They also have a classic HHH coming out soon.

I forgot about the chat....

Just finished this weeks Observer, the Black Saturday piece is awesome. Must've been such an interesting time to follow wrestling. Ole threatening to send the Road Warriors to to break the Briscos' legs, people calling their wives to tell them about affairs, Ole paying himself so much while failing to draw any money etc etc. Can't beat these wrestling lads.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're posting in a wrestling thread about how much better wrestling is without this thread, then pack your bags and move the fuck on, you won't be missed. You should exercise some self-control if this is so horrible to be a part of. Posting like that doesn't help anything and contributed jack shit. Go take a leak.

Hasney

Watched Impact after everyone seemed to enjoy it and... I did too! I was quite surprised, I don't think there was a bad match on the card.

• I feared the worst after the opening segment, a bit pandery, but EC3 is fantastic and the match after was good, even if Tommy has lost quite a few steps by now
  • X division match was fantastic. Just pure hype. Not sure if I'm feeling Crazy Steve though, although I did laugh at his ring rope running spot
  • The next tag match was great too, loved MVP selling the knee the entire match. EY has the 2nd best Flair Flop in the world... Behind Charles Robinson
  • Knockouts match wasn't bad, not spectacular, but better than the usual WWE match
  • Wasn't expecting much from Hardy & Lashley, but that was great. Never massively liked Lashley in WWE, but he brought it here

Overall, every match had a purpose, which is what I wish WWE would do half the time. I think that's usually been the case in TNA, but the reasons for the matches were stupid in the past. This time everything felt coherent and set some things up for next week which is the best thing any wrestling show can do. I'll be watching next week, will be interesting to see if I still enjoy it after leaving the red hot crowds behind though.

After finding Wrasslegaf, hell, after finding neogaf, I couldn't imagine talking about it anywhere else. Mostly because I can't. I love all you motherfuckers

Heel

My only allegiance is to the tenets of F&P and those who abide by them.

Let's keep it playful, friends. WrassleGAF is the clique, and fun is the movement.

I'm really glad that the uploader put their dubstep intro in front of a 3 minute theme.

I chose that one specifically for that intro. He needs them hits!

Seriously so far behind. They say it's because there is so much stuff that editing is getting backed up.

The quality is not that great either. The YOLT BluRay/DVD both had issues with playback and sound editing.

It took themforever to lower the stream price on the PPV etc.

That..is odd. There really isn't any more stuff than normal. Maybe they lost an editor?

Either way, I'm not going to bash on SMV, especially not if you quote this post

Especially.

PS Love GAF or Leave GAF, or fight me in a Greenwich Street Fight

Top Bottom