• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Hey Laserfrog:
n80rroN.jpg

The dreaded Granny Pantie Lock

jred2k

It was really cool to have those guys in the ring together, but it makes the first 40 minutes of WM completely skippable for rewatches.

Whats the verdict on SS reviews? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in it.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, what is the general US opinion on going to the movies by yourself?

My best mate moved far away recently and the local theatre is finally going to be offering a monthly subscription for unlimited movie access soon and I am considering licking up a sub and seeing movies by myself during weekdays since I am really missing not being able to see all the new stuff for months since I can't get anyone else to tag alone most of the time.

Is this acceptable over there? Seems like there is a bit of a taboo on it over here.

My best mate moved far away recently and the local theatre is finally going to be offering a monthly subscription for unlimited movie access soon and I am considering licking up a sub and seeing movies by myself during weekdays since I am really missing not being able to see all the new stuff for months since I can't get anyone else to tag alone most of the time.

Is this acceptable over there? Seems like there is a bit of a taboo on it over here.

There's no taboo about going to the movies by yourself. The only people who make fun of those that do aren't worth listening to anyways.

Kaladin

It's acceptable. Nobody really cares, you're just there to see a movie. I did it all the time before I got a girlfriend earlier this year.

There really shouldn't be, some movies are probably more enjoyable when you watch them by yourself.

Aiii

So not worth it
Great news, I can totally trailblaze this trend over here then and act all cool like I was the first one to do it.

gurudyne

Is this acceptable over there?

The answer to this question, much like many questions involving etiquette in America, is "Fuck you." We value independence here. Go see a movie by yourself and if someone gives you grief over it, there's nothing more appropriately American than looking that stranger in the eye and telling him/her to fuck off for their presumptuous behavior. We, the People.

I fear for any poor person who saw The Marine on their own.

If they did they were probably members of the Cenation decked in full Cena attire and loved it.

I received it as a joke birthday present a few years ago, fortunately the purchaser elected to suffer with me.

Hasney

If they did they were probably members of the Cenation decked in full Cena attire and loved it.

I received it as a joke birthday present a few years ago, fortunately the purchaser elected to suffer with me.

I have an exclusive shot of SoulPlaya at the See No Evil premier.

nrkqx1x.png

I enjoy it, but I'm finding the experience more and more grating. Other people sipping their drinks, chewing their snacks, unwrapping their snacks, whispering to other people: it all grinds my gears.

Kaladin

You know, when I look at Cena now, I feel like they are going to push him over either Ric Flair or Triple H's # for title reigns....I forget which will come first and that might be it for him.

There isn't really much else for him to do, plus he's getting up there in his years.

strobogo

Banned
The best way to see a movie is to go matinee during the week a week or two after a movie comes out. Always empty. At most you'll have 3-4 other people in the room. It's the best. Unless you are getting in for free and then any time is good.

I don't care if it's not acceptable because some of my friends annoy the shit out of me when we're at the movies. I typically don't work on Fridays, so I would go then cause the theater would be damn near empty during the school year.

You know, when I look at Cena now, I feel like they are going to push him over either Ric Flair or Triple H's # for title reigns....I forget which will come first and that might be it for him.

There isn't really much else for him to do, plus he's getting up there in his years.

I just got done writing about this (and about Monday's segment) and I got increasingly more annoyed as I went on.

Oh man, Fernando HAS THIS.

or is that Diego
Best time is right after college class, so at like 11 am for me. I saw Tintin by myself. It was amazing.

Oh yeah, matinee after class around noon or so is the best. Had a quarter where i'd get off on Fridays at 11 and i'd always go see a movie and get lunch. ahhh, that was awesome.

Few news bits from a place that provides them (they're weird about posting anything anywhere else):

• The Big Gold Belt is supposed to be retired now
  • All new belts after Summerslam with new logo.
  • Ricky Steamboat is done with WWE (he was a road agent)

New belts tells me that there's a strong possibility those midcard belts are being unified. An easy scenario I came up with would be to have Cesaro win the IC and then he can face Sheamus to unify them at Summerslam.

Awesome. You just know Kofi is going put his natural athletic ability to good use when he finds an innovative way to stave off elimination and just go absolutely berserk like a wild animal.

Top Bottom