• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Jesus, I'm watching some clips from that Michaels/Hogan 2005 match with Michaels overselling and it is goddamned hilarious. The part where he gets the big boot, falls over, gets back up from SHEER IMPACT, to SPIN AROUND and then fall back down - man. I think I need to watch this whole match.

Shawn Michaels also had some funny promos leading up to the match, I'm not sure if they showed any of it on the recap hype videos before the match.

PInk Tape

Banned
inX4ZxbJkp9tu.jpg

Shawn Michaels also had some funny promos leading up to the match, I'm not sure if they showed any of it on the recap hype videos before the match.

Yeah, I watched that and the promo the night after which put Hogan in a huff. His bit with Chris Masters, who I'd never heard of before, was pretty good too. HBK had some energy, huh. Some might say the Heartbreak Kid might even have too much energy tonight.

Zach

There is some amazingly terrible acting in the early ECW TV shows. The production values overall are laughable, but that acting is something else. It's delightful.

Gonzalez

Banned
There is some amazingly terrible acting in the early ECW TV shows. The production values overall are laughable, but that acting is something else. It's delightful.

The acting might have been terrible, but those Rocco Rock promos from the early days are a revelation. No wonder Paul E. loved those guys.

Alberto Del Rio vs anybody manages to be the most overdone match ever. Mysterio, Sin Cara, Kofi, Christian, Orton, Sheamus, Big Show. It's like Del Rio's existence nullifies the idea of a well booked feud.

Alucard

Banned
Harper vs. Jericho was pretty good on Smackdown this week. Y2J seems quicker in this comeback. I remember him looking pretty slow the last time he was around to put over CM Punk.

Striker

Jericho and Punk had that match at Payback in 2013 where it felt like Punk was moving in slow motion. So it felt like Jericho was controlling the pacing of the match and trying to somewhat create a flow. Nothing quite happened until Punk hit his signature moves and the match ended. One of the more boring matches I've seen from the both of them.

His heel work in 2008-2011 was still one of the best gimmicks this company has had over the past 15 years.

Alucard

Banned
Jericho and Punk had that match at Payback in 2013 where it felt like Punk was moving in slow motion. So it felt like Jericho was controlling the pacing of the match and trying to somewhat create a flow. Nothing quite happened until Punk hit his signature moves and the match ended. One of the more boring matches I've seen from the both of them.

His heel work in 2008-2011 was still one of the best gimmicks this company has had over the past 15 years.

I'll have to re-watch it. I remembering thinking "Man, these guys are really slow." I just assumed that they were both not in good ring shape.

Ain't that the truth

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+