• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

WWE Manga

NEzZpmp.jpg

PVVqm8X.jpg

vo62L1y.jpg

XsNQWHo.jpg

XenoRaven

The main thing about Destiny is that you have to crank the difficulty up whenever you can. In Halo, Normal was obviously the default difficulty, but Bungie has always said Heroic is the way it's meant to be played.

I wasn't feeling the Alpha until I played The Devil's Lair on Legend difficulty. Then it clicked for me. If you like multiplayer, it's also important to spend some time in the Crucible, although the only gametype available in the Beta is a control points objective.

bjork

So I rolled up on a girl in Target because I thought she was my cousin, and I wondered why my cousin would be fucking off in a Target when she should be at work. Get the girl's attention and it isn't her, so I explained my confusion and apologized. She was probably relieved I wasn't trying to hit on her, tbh.

Anyway, I'm so totally bored with my life right now. I'm not even sure why I exist at this point. Nothing I like is bringing me any sort of pleasure, and I don't feel motivated to go seek anything better. I think I need to go sleep a lot or something.

Sokantish

I know what you need, Bjork. You need to watch some great content on the WWE Network! There's over 2000 hours of entertainment just waiting for you there. You could watch RAW's first year! Maybe even some Saturday Night's Main Event... The 80s!

strobogo

Banned
So I rolled up on a girl in Target because I thought she was my cousin, and I wondered why my cousin would be fucking off in a Target when she should be at work. Get the girl's attention and it isn't her, so I explained my confusion and apologized. She was probably relieved I wasn't trying to hit on her, tbh.

Anyway, I'm so totally bored with my life right now. I'm not even sure why I exist at this point. Nothing I like is bringing me any sort of pleasure, and I don't feel motivated to go seek anything better. I think I need to go sleep a lot or something.

Sumbitch is depressed as a mother fucker up in here.

Hasney

The main thing about Destiny is that you have to crank the difficulty up whenever you can. In Halo, Normal was obviously the default difficulty, but Bungie has always said Heroic is the way it's meant to be played.

I wasn't feeling the Alpha until I played The Devil's Lair on Legend difficulty. Then it clicked for me. If you like multiplayer, it's also important to spend some time in the Crucible, although the only gametype available in the Beta is a control points objective.

But then the FOV is still awful and man, those cutscenes killed whatever hype was left after the alpha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I lost hype for it when I realized it was just a bunch of pretty linear dungeons with a hub world and was more similar to Borderlands than a proper mmorpg like they tried to push it off as originally. Like it's a massive* multiplayer online shooter.

I lost hype for it when I realized it was just a bunch of pretty linear dungeons with a hub world and was more similar to Borderlands than a proper mmorpg like they tried to push it off as originally. Like it's a massive* multiplayer online shooter.
Damn that sucks. Seems they hyped it Peter Molyneux style then. They are going to have more trouble selling subs than the Network.

I know how you feel man. I think everyone struggles with a purpose in life. The most important thing?
ME_084_Photo_20.jpg

njean777

That my friend is depression. Go to a psychiatrist if you can.

Gorillaz

Damn that sucks. Seems they hyped it Peter Molyneux style then. They are going to have more trouble selling subs than the Network.
There are no subs.

Im not judging the story stuff or PVE stuff yet because ir isnt open yet. Too much shit is restricted. I wouldn't say its linear tho.

XenoRaven

I felt like the E3 demo they did gave a good indication of what it was supposed to be but I also probably followed the game more than the average person because I'm a Bungie fanboy.

Unfortunately I think the best way to understand the game is to play it, which means they're asking people to drop $60 on something they aren't really sure about.

Hasney

I felt like the E3 demo they did gave a good indication of what it was supposed to be but I also probably followed the game more than the average person because I'm a Bungie fanboy.

Unfortunately I think the best way to understand the game is to play it, which means they're asking people to drop $60 on something they aren't really sure about.

The beta and alpha did help in that respect. From what they showed, it was at a "not ever" status. Now it's at a "maybe when cheap" status, so it did work.

Haven't really played enough even to make a quick impression but it seems super streamlined and player friendly. I'm gonna say the heavy sci-fi aspect is the biggest barrier to being it a huge mega hit.

XenoRaven

Haven't really played enough even to make a quick impression but it seems super streamlined and player friendly. I'm gonna say the heavy sci-fi aspect is the biggest barrier to being it a huge mega hit.
I was thinking the same thing. We're looking at Mass Effect level success, which isn't bad, but Activision is always looking for the next CoD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure. Didn't really follow that. Was just pondering it as I looked at the current roster for Yhe E and the arcade style from that game. Think it could do incredibly well.

I'd much rather the All Stars games be all legends instead of current roster, honestly. It's like the style was made for the Hulkamania Era.

Phatmac

Destiny hits that itch of shooting guys with numbers coming out of it. I'm disappointed by how they reuse areas and the lack of incentive to explore since you can't find any secret treasure chests like in borderlands. The world should have more loot to be able to get in the open world. The classes also don't feel different enough. Cool downs are way high for grenades.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What a coincidence, 3 of the last 4 PPVs have had really shitty main events.

I wonder if there is any correlation here...
This doesn't even make sense. The 3rd PPV hasn't even happened yet. The last one was a multi man match, and I don't care what you say, Bryan/Kane was a fun gimmick match.

DMczaf

Kane doesn't even look remotely close to 47. Maybe we all should get burned in some fires set by The Undertaker?

He sure as hell moves like he's 47. Motherfucker is slow as shit in 2014.

This doesn't even make sense. The 3rd PPV hasn't even happened yet. The last one was a multi man match, and I don't care what you say, Bryan/Kane was a fun gimmick match.

Kane is going to have a shitty match tomorrow, AND take the L because no one else can afford a loss heading into Summerslam.

He also ruined 2 ladder matches at the last PPV, that takes skill I guess.

Top Bottom