• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane doesn't even look remotely close to 47. Maybe we all should get burned in some fires set by The Undertaker?
Somebody asked him how he's managed to stay in such good shape at his age. He said it's good luck and genetics. His parents are both in their 90's, and that they're doing well (knock on wood).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane is going to have a shitty match tomorrow, AND take the L because no one else can afford a loss heading into Summerslam.

He also ruined 2 ladder matches at the last PPV, that takes him skill I guess.
I know you're trolling me, but he did more in that match than Cena who won it.

rvy

Banned
vo62L1y.jpg

XsNQWHo.jpg

rawz4rjp.gif

So according to reports, Eva Marie got completely roasted by the NXT crowd at the tapings the other night. Someone in attendance: "Remember how badly the crowd shit on Rey Mysterio at the Royal Rumble? Think that and triple it."

Showaddy

So according to reports, Eva Marie got completely roasted by the NXT crowd at the tapings the other night. Someone in attendance: "Remember how badly the crowd shit on Rey Mysterio at the Royal Rumble? Think that and triple it."

Yeah sounds like a bit of a setup though, like the heat was real but sending out the companies most hated "wrestler" out in front of a smark crowed against the top female babyface? They 100% knew she'd get that reaction.

it's not even "heel" heat, it's "we a smark crowd and we gonna let you know it" heat. fuckin pack of cunts.

Watching some Mid-South TV, great little match between Terry Taylor and Volkoff, with Darsow at ringside. I miss real underdog victories like this, when it felt like the gullible, unassuming face had a mountain to climb and the heel was assured victory, not because the face was weak in any way, but because he wasn't everything the heel was; vicious, nasty, dangerous, unrelenting, etc.

Taylor.gif

Alucard

Banned

I look forward to this hitting my television screen.

Sounds like a set up for an episode of the hit reality series Total Divas only on the E Network. Season 1 now available on the WWE Network.

Hasney

of course there's a Full Sail University crowd defense force.

of course.

There's just been a Kane defence and we know there's an Red Queen one, so there's probably one for everything. If we dig hard enough, I'm sure there's a Goon defence force somewhere on here.

of course there's a Full Sail University crowd defense force.

of course.

I wouldn't defend what the crowd did, as I thought it was pretty cruel and shitty, but you can't expect a crowd to always play along - storyline says Eva's a RAW Diva gracing the trainees in developmental with her talent, but no one's buying that. If you want a crowd that plays along 100%, watch a CHIKARA show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some Mid-South TV, great little match between Terry Taylor and Volkoff, with Darsow at ringside. I miss real underdog victories like this, when it felt like the gullible, unassuming face had a mountain to climb and the heel was assured victory, not because the face was weak in any way, but because he wasn't everything the heel was; vicious, nasty, dangerous, unrelenting, etc.

Taylor.gif

Taylor never got enough credit, really. But yeah that sounds like a lot of fun.

issues with FSU crowd have been discussed before. it's the worst possible barometer for WWE when it comes to gimmicks. these are the same idiots how marked for Paige and Adam Rose, 2 flops on the main show.

NXT should be in Corpus Christi, that would give them reactions on par with what they'll have in 90% of the shows. something like Adam Rose would've bombed well before it left developmental.

issues with FSU crowd have been discussed before. it's the worst possible barometer for WWE when it comes to gimmicks. these are the same idiots how marked for Paige and Adam Rose, 2 flops on the main show.

NXT should be in Corpus Christi, that would give them reactions on par with what they'll have in 90% of the shows. something like Adam Rose would've bombed well before it left developmental.

Let's be honest here about Paige though: she was booked incredibly badly from day one. She looked like a total goofball who completely lucked into winning the title. The way she was presented in WWE is a 180 from the way she was presented in NXT.

Alucard

Banned
Let's be honest here about Paige though: she was booked incredibly badly from day one. She looked like a total goofball who completely lucked into winning the title. The way she was presented in WWE is a 180 from the way she was presented in NXT.

That still doesn't excuse her poor mic work up until this point. My ears were bleeding with her on commentary this week.

That still doesn't excuse her poor mic work up until this point. My ears were bleeding with her on commentary this week.

She has no guidance or direction in WWE. She was nowhere near that bad in NXT. She had fire and direction in NXT. In WWE, they've taken away a lot of what she was (the anti-diva thing) and now she's floundering.

Heel

WWE Creative saddled Paige with this "I'm socially awkward, even when performing in front of 500 goobers at Full Sail" gimmick and I'll never forgive them for it.

Showaddy

what does Vince and Dunn have to do with her completely lack of ability to captivate a normal crowd?

and she's been given ample mic and ring time.

What? She got dragged up last minute to fill in for AJ with zero build up, came up as a rookie face when she got over in NXT as a dominant heel, won the belt in a terrible quick match which made her look worse, then got zero development and just got booked in matches week after week where she got beat down for 90% of her matches and got lucky wins.

Vince apparently not being hot on her when she's been booked so badly is just laughable. If she get's some decent development during this AJ feud and still comes out looking terrible then I'll admit she's a flop.

That Cena DVD/Blu-Ray cover is funny. I'm eagerly anticipating the complaints about Punk not being on it and how their feud is "THE ROCK/AUSTIN OF OUR TIME"

strobogo

Banned
Paige was not a dominate heel in NXT. She was maybe kind of a heel for like 2 weeks on NXT, but it wasn't really heel stuff, she was just more aggressive than women usually are in WWE.

Sid

Killzone: Shadowfall is really bad, how can Destiny be worse than that?!
It's not just bad,it's a steaming pile of shit! I was a massive fan of the series (SP) but this game made sure I never buy any future Killzones unless Cambridge develop it,even the latest inFamous sucks ass with a straw compared to the last few entries and is another franchise I quit this gen joining the ranks of CoD,Battlefield,Assassin's Creed,Far Cry etc.

somedevil

Is simple as this. In NXT they take women's wrestling seriously and in the WWE they just now started giving them storylines that doesn't include total divas. So any NXT women's wrestler should be afraid if they are going to the main roster.

Plus from a house show yesterday Lana is still doing the Putin stuff plus Swagger and Rusev went 15 minutes in a really good match.

Top Bottom