• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

tumblr_mxd0rdQwBU1t0ik4co1_250.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that promo with Heyman and Brock where Brock attacks Vince. Brock just pointing at Paul to stop talking.

There's so much alpha in the ring. And that time Miz pushed Lesnar. Think we all know how that ended.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '92 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D

Impressive showing by Rip Rogers.

Vylash

I'm pretty hyped for Battleground honestly,main event aside it's got the best undercard in a long long time, no weak links at all

strobogo

Banned
Damn wrestling must suck when there's no A grading on that chart...

If Beach Blast 1992 didn't get an A, I really can't think of anything for the rest of the 90s that would. Maybe Canadian Stampede, but I kind of think it is a little unfair since IHY shows were shorter.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
People who like Wierd Al are the wrestling fans of music.
People who like Phish are the wrestling fans of music.
People who like shit that plays on classic rock stations are the wrestling fans of music.

Sup wrasslegaffers,

I spent the weekend in beautiful Glen Falls, NY. Home of beloved Wrasslegaf hall of famer, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Ready to settle in, eat some popcorn, and get ready for some battlegrounds.

I am also pro Collins.

I find Phil Collins to be a guilty pleasure. Like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, I find "in too deep" to be a moving song. I also have sex while listening to Sussudio.

When they first showed Fat Punk my wife was legit shook and said "holy shit" like a character in a movie seeing how big the enemy army is..

haha yeah!

Also Dean Ambrose appears right near the end of the documentary when they're talking about Punk being a Locker Room leader and Big Brother to the up and coming stars! Or at least it's someone who looks like Dean Ambrose. Was he in the WWE 2011/2012?

kiguel182

When they first showed Fat Punk my wife was legit shook and said "holy shit" like a character in a movie seeing how big the enemy army is..

He put on tons of weight because of the whole "WWE only likes big guys mentality". Funny how he was only successful when he was more normal weight wise.

Gorillaz

Glad I wasn't the only one that dig a little Phil & Genesis

I find Phil Collins to be a guilty pleasure. Like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, I find "in too deep" to be a moving song. I also have sex while listening to Sussudio.
I haven't really played Collins during sex but.......yea I like his songs, that's partly due to the fact my mom use to play alot of slow jams/soft rock shit and it just passed on to me. It ain't even a guilty pleasure for me brehs, I'm a fan

Nah. 1.73% of anime is tight. It's the other 98.27% of the slice of life ~~~uguuuu garbo that are the wrestling fans.

pretty much, alot of that other shit is....shit too bad it's so much bad out there for the most part

kiguel182

Anime is an extremely niche form of entertainment that is honestly mostly bad and hard to defend unless you are lucky enough to have been exposed to the good stuff.

Anime IS Wrestling

Well, wrestling doesn't have things that border on pedophilia or things that are totally out of normal social norms.

Wrestling might be dumb for the outside (and for those who watch sometimes too) but those animes are way worse than "dumb".

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Anime is an extremely niche form of entertainment that is honestly mostly bad and hard to defend unless you are lucky enough to have been exposed to the good stuff.

Anime IS Wrestling
Most things are trash. If anyone here wants to a better quality of life, PM Titus or I and we will fill you in on the music, films, artists, shows, and places to know. We are here to help and love nothing more than to guide the plebeians to the promised land.

Indie means better

Zach

Damn wrestling must suck when there's no A grading on that chart...

Sometimes I feel like I should look back and adjust grades on a curve or something, but I dunno... not my fault I haven't enjoyed anything enough to give it an A. There's just always a match or two that drags even the best event's down. Doesn't mean that there aren't great matches on most cards.

Watching all of these events, though, definitely makes me appreciate the newer stuff that I catch. I always see so much negativity online about current wrestling, but it's really about the same as it's always been. There's good and there's bad. That's just wrasslin' for you.

Top Bottom