• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

UberTag

Are they really gonna explain HHH bringing in Brock to take the title off Cena as "best for business"? You know, the guy who HHH hated just last year and broke his arm repeatedly?
Hush. Don't question WWE booking logic.
You know better than to do that.

Of course it's "best for business" for the guy who works limited dates each year to win the title over the guy who's been on top for 10 years, never leaves, shills the Network like a jackass and has everybody fed to him. Those broken arms are a distant memory. You're not even supposed to remember that stuff. You're a WWE fan. You're supposed to be an idiot that swallows everything without question.

All you need to know is that Brock Lesnar is Paul Heyman's client who broke The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania. That's it. You're not even supposed to remember that Cena already beat Brock once before.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He's literally a smaller Diesel.

Nash:

Punch
turnbuckle knee
turnbuckle elbow
Snake eyes
sidewalk slam
Jackhammer
Big Boot

Reigns:

Punch
toe kick
Power slam
Power bomb
superman punch
spear
Samoan drop
Clothesline
ring apron kick thingy
diving attack out of ring

He's got double the moves of Nash...... but so do I

BtCSnd3CMAAWCx4.jpg
tumblr_mxwc4ngRDI1rquw9uo4_250.gif

RP912

Banned
I can't wait until cena pulls off his whole "omg I'm scared of bork" act when he no sold the thrashing of his life and still won.

Snaku

Banned
Mankind won the title for the first time on an episode of Raw for christ's sakes. Bring some of that back. Make me feel like anything can happen.

Times were different then, there was actual competition. They had to maintain that sense of spontaneity 24/7, even on Raw.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hush. Don't question WWE booking logic.
You know better than to do that.

Of course it's "best for business" for the guy who works limited dates each year to win the title over the guy who's been on top for 10 years, never leaves, shills the Network like a jackass and has everybody fed to him. Those broken arms are a distant memory. You're not even supposed to remember that stuff. You're a WWE fan. You're supposed to be an idiot that swallows everything without question.

All you need to know is that Brock Lesnar is Paul Heyman's client who broke The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania. That's it. You're not even supposed to remember that Cena already beat Brock once before.

If Randy Orton's backstory doesn't make you say "fuck it" then Bork's certainly won't

People are mad that Cena won when it everything points to Cena vs Brock for the title? Amazing.

I think it's more people are mad because we all knew that match would suck and it did. People were hoping for a Brock brutal beatdown to ease the pain of having to eat that shit sandwich of a main event, but it never came

UberTag

I think people were really hoping for Brock to actually turn up and kick off the feud. Isn't Cena out tomorrow because of filming commitments?
Brock isn't allowed to lay Cena out because that will make Cena look bad.
Brock has to show up on a RAW when Cena isn't around and beat up some other idiot and challenge Cena for the title.
Then Cena answers Brock's challenge the next week after cracking several jokes about what a fat doofus Paul Heyman is.
Then they have a contract signing and they flip the table and have a staredown for the PPV promo package.
Then Cena wins at the PPV.
You know how this works already.

For those who missed it, the post-show interview with Cena was him saying "I overcame the odds".

I love that even the WWE acknowledges it's beyond parody by now.

Showaddy

To be honest none of that PPV was actually "bad" but everything bar the Tag match was just so dull. Divas was ok but dull, Wyatt/Y2J was ok but dull, battle royale was ok and the ending made sense but Miz get Del Rio level reactions just ruined it. Main event was just pretty boring to be honest.

somedevil

To be honest none of that PPV was actually "bad" but everything bar the Tag match was just so dull. Divas was ok but dull, Wyatt/Y2J was ok but dull, battle royale was ok and the ending made sense but Miz get Del Rio level reactions just ruined it. Main event was just pretty boring to be honest.

It was an average to below average pay per view. A part of that was the crowd. Summerslam crowd should be better because its a more varied crowd if you went by it last year.

Top Bottom